Increasing Selling Limits-What Questions Will Ebay Ask Me? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-25-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Increasing Selling Limits-What Questions Will Ebay Ask Me?

I've been selling on a friends account after getting an indefinate selling restriction. All of the details and bank account are in his name including his address and phone number so it's a genuine account. I have been using his account to sell for the last 3 weeks without any problems but need to phone Ebay to increase my selling limits from 150 items/£5300 per month due to my items being sold between £8-£19 so they're low cost items.

If I phone Ebay and pretend to be him, what questions will Ebay ask me. I gather they will ask my name, which I can give as his, but are there any other questions they may ask me which would catch me out?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-25-2013

Longevity: 80%
Default Re: Increasing Selling Limits-What Questions Will Ebay Ask Me?

The advise is DON'T call and set up more stealth accounts...

If ebay do not like what you say on the phone or you mess up or they don't like the look of your account. That account could be toast.
Old 11-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Yes I see the advice is generally not to phone if it's a stealth account, but surely with it being a genuine account then there shouldn't be any problems? I'm not selling any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ etc and all the items are genuine with receipts to prove. They are all car parts. Would it be better if the account owner phones, but he hasn't really got a clue about the car parts that I am selling on his account lol.
Old 11-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celox View Post
Yes I see the advice is generally not to phone if it's a stealth account, but surely with it being a genuine account then there shouldn't be any problems? I'm not selling any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ etc and all the items are genuine with receipts to prove. They are all car parts. Would it be better if the account owner phones, but he hasn't really got a clue about the car parts that I am selling on his account lol.
It maybe a genuine account but your not the genuine account holder!

I would get your friend to call in, they wont ask him product specific questions but will ask the reason for intended increase. Is the account registered as a business account or not? They will ask for your or rather your friends intentions so you will need it to look like your friend is ready to go business like with the account.

Of course the safer alternative is just to create more stealth accounts as then you can sell more and take the emphasis off your friends account. Plus no account is ever 100% safe. Learn stealth now and be prepared for the worst this way!
Old 11-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Yes it's already a business account with verified Paypal. The money's going into his bank account also.
Old 11-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Friend info...friend's bank account...you are risking a lot by your money getting tied up with him (just saying).

Anyhow, you said you have an indefinite selling restriction - does he know about this? Don't try for higher limits...or was that why you got restricted?

In your shoes, I would seriously consider building up new stealths...you are relying too much on one account.

As for calling...that's your decision to take - you know the account well and if it's restricted...well, you have no other choice...
Old 11-25-2013
Threadstarter  

I had an account for 10 years with well over 36,000+ feedback. I received 3 negs in 1 month but sold over 300 items-less than 1 % of unhappy customers that month but still got a selling restriction. Some customers had left positive feedback but also left either 1 or 2 stars across the board that month. This happened in 6 cases according to Ebay CS and they removed them, but it was too late. Shows how these DSR scores can completely ruin a genuine business.

I used to sell 5-6k a month and now I can only make half of that on the new account due to due to low selling limits so this is why i'm asking the question.
Old 11-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celox View Post
I had an account for 10 years with well over 36,000+ feedback. I received 3 negs in 1 month but sold over 300 items-less than 1 % of unhappy customers that month but still got a selling restriction. Some customers had left positive feedback but also left either 1 or 2 stars across the board that month. This happened in 6 cases according to Ebay CS and they removed them, but it was too late. Shows how these DSR scores can completely ruin a genuine business.

I used to sell 5-6k a month and now I can only make half of that on the new account due to due to low selling limits so this is why i'm asking the question.
Yup DSRs are a nightmare and your not the only one with a legit hard-working business that has been ruined by these silly ebay DSR system.

This is why now more than ever that stealth can be used to build up more accounts and spread the load. This way if one account gets restricted or worse, you still have other accounts in play!
Old 11-25-2013

Real or not but because I thought the same thing a year ago. Even had a PP debit card and as soon as I called & before I hung up the phone it got restricted could not list anything and eb was asking for all kinds of info including product purchase invoices. So keep thinking that and you will loose it pretty much for sure unless you can provide that info. From what I have seen on Aspkin not too many go through that process get their accounts back at all. To my crazy thinking it's better to have something rather than nothing. Seems like the waste of a fruitful account. You are also walking a tight rope without a net with just 1 account. First thing you learn in marketing school is to always have a fall back position.

Last edited by joesshooze; 11-25-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2013
Threadstarter  

I manufacturer the product myself so have invoices for the materials needed to manufacturer them, these invoices are in my company name at the address that has been restricted by Ebay lol. I could certainly provide him with some invoices to say that he has bought them off me which should work, but if they ask for his bank statements to prove this then it may be a bit of a problem.

You're probably right maybe I should wait and see if the limits get increased by themselves and open up a couple of stealth accounts. I've just been evaluated by Ebay this month and because I only sold 98 items since last evaluation it appears I only just missed out on Top Rated Seller status doh.

Last edited by Celox; 11-26-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2013

"probably right" should be 100% definitely right.