So I made a stealth account.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-26-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default So I made a stealth account..

I made a new account, I verified paypal with phone number/bank account. Problem is I can only sell 10 items/$1000 a month, and most of the things I'd be selling are around $5, but usually 50-100 items. Also, they're holding all of my payments until the items are delivered.

Is it worth trying to raise the limits? Since the info is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ I'd assume they make you call in? Would they ask for a SSI? I can supply documents if needed, but something official? Is it worth the risk?

How long does it take for them to let me sell 100 items a month? My old account I just called in and asked. Also, how many feedback do I need for them to stop holding my payments?

I was only able to make one stealth account, as I'm not able to open multiple bank accounts at this time.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-29-2013 at 01:16 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2013

Longevity: 82%
Default Re: So I made a stealth account..

No it's not worth it. Much easier and effective to open more accounts.

No way around payment holds, you need to design your business to compensate for the holds.

Many businesses in this world are forced to wait to receive payment for services or products rendered. Count us in as one of those businesses because until the ebay account gets aged, there's going to be holds.
Old 11-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
No it's not worth it. Much easier and effective to open more accounts.

No way around payment holds, you need to design your business to compensate for the holds.

Many businesses in this world are forced to wait to receive payment for services or products rendered. Count us in as one of those businesses because until the ebay account gets aged, there's going to be holds.
I'm not able to open more, or I would. I was just wondering how long it takes for the holds to be removed for new accounts?

If I can at least sell more items, that's enough. I can work around the holds, but only selling 10 items a month is too little.
Old 11-26-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarra View Post
I'm not able to open more, or I would. I was just wondering how long it takes for the holds to be removed for new accounts?

If I can at least sell more items, that's enough. I can work around the holds, but only selling 10 items a month is too little.
You realize that even if ebay increases your limits, you still have paypal SSN requirements once you on pace for 200/20k so it's pointless to increase your limits unless you plan on revealing your identity to paypal.

Why are you only able to open one account? Are you foreign or USA?
Old 11-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
You realize that even if ebay increases your limits, you still have paypal SSN requirements once you on pace for 200/20k so it's pointless to increase your limits unless you plan on revealing your identity to paypal.

Why are you only able to open one account? Are you foreign or USA?
One bank account, US. It's...complicated, and sort of personal, so I'd rather not go into it.

I know that, I just needed something to hold me until that point. I'll be able to make an account with a family members info later. So I'm not thinking long term Right now, just need to get move some trading cards right now.
Old 11-29-2013
Threadstarter  

!!!bump!!!
Old 11-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

There are only a few ways to get limits raised:
1. Let Ebay increase them naturally
2. Increase selling limits by verifying personal information
3. By some luck get an increase right off the back

As far as using your family members info...we don't recommend it but at the end of it all it's up to you. Just hope you don't get that account limited in the end.

As far as bank accounts go, I don't know what circumstances are in play but if you can't open a traditional bank account look into the following:
1. ReadyDebit
2. AccountNow
These are only but a few that don't require a Credit Check but will require all Real information including a SSN.
Old 11-29-2013

Longevity: 64%

Even if you were to get your total amount increased you would then run into a category limit for sure. I would be grateful because I just paid over $100 for an account that had 5/$500. That's really a slap. Had a category limit of 1 cell phone part. LOL Seriously! I'm just going to have to invest some time to nurture it.

OP if you need a quick fix the only way is to open multiple stealth accts. The only way I can see to do it. Good Luck.
Old 11-29-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
There are only a few ways to get limits raised:
1. Let Ebay increase them naturally
2. Increase selling limits by verifying personal information
3. By some luck get an increase right off the back

As far as using your family members info...we don't recommend it but at the end of it all it's up to you. Just hope you don't get that account limited in the end.

As far as bank accounts go, I don't know what circumstances are in play but if you can't open a traditional bank account look into the following:
1. ReadyDebit
2. AccountNow
These are only but a few that don't require a Credit Check but will require all Real information including a SSN.
Why wouldn't you recommend that? I'd have a bank account and social in their name, they said it was alright to use.
Alright, Ill check into those. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
Even if you were to get your total amount increased you would then run into a category limit for sure. I would be grateful because I just paid over $100 for an account that had 5/$500. That's really a slap. Had a category limit of 1 cell phone part. LOL Seriously! I'm just going to have to invest some time to nurture it.

OP if you need a quick fix the only way is to open multiple stealth accts. The only way I can see to do it. Good Luck.
Why exactly would they do that? I've never had a category limit before. and with low end trading cards?

Last edited by Jarra; 11-29-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-29-2013

^^^^ trust me. I have 5/500 on a new account, sold 1 cell phone battery, went to list another and BANG category limit for 30 days. I have no idea. Vendor blames on Christmas but I'm not sold on that idea.
Old 11-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Payoneer is also a nice option to explore
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

For US accounts with PayPal this year. You get close to 200 received payments. You will get the dreaded can't close the PayPal and can't receive funds. I hate to say it but from everything I have seen. Selling $5 items is not a good look for stealth accounts. Unless you are trying to prep stealth accounts for later.

Also as you seem to allude to if you use another persons SSN for you PP. If you meet the 20k/200 transactions they will have a 1099k filed under their name. Nobody knows how this is going to go this year forward. I would be very careful getting anyone else involved. 1099k is Filed with the IRS. If you know anyone who has been through and audit it can destroy you life. Even if they don't ding you for anything. The sleepless nights the worries, etc. As any senior member on here advises never use anyone else info.

Last edited by vogeltron; 11-30-2013 at 06:16 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
Jarra (11-30-2013), joesshooze (11-30-2013), MM78 (11-30-2013)
Old 11-30-2013

What Vogeltron said is very sad & true. Unfortunately I learned the hard way about friends info. BAD, BAD, BAD idea. Unless you don't want that particular friend in your life anymore.

I am glad that my items sell for 3 digits. Even a $20 item could be problematic.
Old 11-30-2013

Longevity: 67%

Thats y I use enemies
The Following User Says Thank You to Dunersdunes For This Useful Post:
Abreaks (12-02-2013)
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarra View Post
Why wouldn't you recommend that? I'd have a bank account and social in their name, they said it was alright to use.
Alright, Ill check into those. Thanks!
This is Why you shouldn't use another person info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
For US accounts with PayPal this year. You get close to 200 received payments. You will get the dreaded can't close the PayPal and can't receive funds. I hate to say it but from everything I have seen. Selling $5 items is not a good look for stealth accounts. Unless you are trying to prep stealth accounts for later.

Also as you seem to allude to if you use another persons SSN for you PP. If you meet the 20k/200 transactions they will have a 1099k filed under their name. Nobody knows how this is going to go this year forward. I would be very careful getting anyone else involved. 1099k is Filed with the IRS. If you know anyone who has been through and audit it can destroy you life. Even if they don't ding you for anything. The sleepless nights the worries, etc. As any senior member on here advises never use anyone else info.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Jarra (11-30-2013)
Old 11-30-2013
Threadstarter  

It's my mother actually, and she knows about the 20k thing.

Let me get that straight, you need to hit 20k AND 200 items, right? Because my last account sold well over 500 items, and around 12k. Never had a problem.

That being said, If I did use her information, I'd make sure to never sell 20k. Though I've I had to guess, I only make around $700-$1200 a month anyway, so I don't think It would be possible.

EDIT: Just checked the IRS website, it says "in settlement of third party payment networks (i.e., online sellers) above the minimum reporting thresholds
-gross payments that exceed $20,000, AND
-more than 200 such transactions."

So I shouldn't have that problem at all, right? So is that the only reason I shouldn't use someone's Info?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jarra For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (12-05-2013)
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

If you hit 1 of those two OR Both then you will have to file 1099K. Also don't forget that Ebay does this calculation on predictions based on your selling habits. So they might ask for SSN or EIN before you hit those numbers.
Old 11-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
If you hit 1 of those two OR Both then you will have to file 1099K. Also don't forget that Ebay does this calculation on predictions based on your selling habits. So they might ask for SSN or EIN before you hit those numbers.
But why does the both paypal and the IRS website say BOTH?

"-gross payments that exceed $20,000, AND
-more than 200 such transactions."

Understanding Your 1099-K

I do know that they'll ask you for it beforehand, had that happen before. One one account I hit over 200 items, I was never informed or as far as I know, sent a form.
Old 11-30-2013

Vogeltron, I guess nobody reads anymore?
OP, it doesn't matter what anybody (PP, IRS) Vogeltron told you what is being experienced. There is another thread about people receiving 1099 after 100 sales in May.
Old 11-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
Vogeltron, I guess nobody reads anymore?
OP, it doesn't matter what anybody (PP, IRS) Vogeltron told you what is being experienced. There is another thread about people receiving 1099 after 100 sales in May.
I read, it's just that I'd expect the government to keep their **** up to date? and paypal?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jarra For This Useful Post:
heyimj (02-17-2014)
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Good Luck, just hope you don't kill your Mom's account along the way.
Old 11-30-2013

Expectations is the problem. When one has expectations for anything other than themselves there is no control what so ever. Another thing is believing anything from the government & pp. You can absolutely expect them to lie. We catch them all the time it's no big secret. OP, I was not necessarily talking about you as there are a couple of other threads we are all involved in that are really wacko. Especially "what can PP see?"