Has anyone noticed this about Shipping on US eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%
Default Has anyone noticed this about Shipping on US eBay?

Well, I got a nasty message from a buyer about shipping time. I guess in the US if you choose Priority Mail as the shipping service when creating the listing then when you bring up on the site it is advertised as "expedited" shipping.

Long story short. This buyer was claiming he paid extra for expedited shipping, etc. I send all my items Priority Mail if I have it listed as free shipping or have the actual charge. It arrived a day late blah blah blah, like I didn't process it the second I got the order and drive to the Post Office on an item I make $5-10 on. Like it even though eBay says it is estimated time it some gospel from the heavens. Anyways, this was a zero feedback buyer. But, it did kinda have me thinking. Lets say you can't make 2 runs to the post office every day. Might you be better off how eBay advertises these things now not just putting Standard shipping when you create your listings. Especially with the Holidays.

I know some members have talked about long standing accounts getting the boot for shipping time etc. Anyone dealt with anything similar?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Has anyone noticed this about Shipping on US eBay?

Oh boy - lots of us have dealt with this...especially zero feedback buyers.

Yes you can get the boot for low shipping time...but takes many cases
Old 11-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

**** happens.

Change your preferences if it is so upsetting.

Going to get eworse leading up to the holidays.
Old 11-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Just mark your item as a 1 working day or 2 working day dispatch time, or have your days cut off postage time earlier in the day
Old 11-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I just put my "handling time" set to 3 days. That way I can find the cheapest shipping cost if the item is shipped within the US. Plus I try only to go to the post office on Tues and Thurs.
Old 11-28-2013

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

USPS is not guaranteed service. Expect many many delays for the next two months. Change shipping times or carriers if needed.
Old 11-28-2013

Longevity: 64%

FYI OP, I also used to go to USPS 2x a day until I found out from my USPS that they only have 1 pickup in the evening per day. Each one is different I guess but it might be worth asking.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-29-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Many buyers are not smart enough to understand how shipping works.

They see what ebay puts up as the estimated ship/delivery time and do not know the seller does not put that on the page, ebay does.

Yes, we have all experience what you did.

I dont need a sale that bad that I will drop everything and run to the PO so I always put 2 or 3 days shipping.

I also in many accounts add that to my SHIPPING section of my description.
Old 11-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

On EVERYTHING, I put the regular shipping.

They may get a surprise and I may expedite... Other than that, its regular mail with 2 days handling.

Im sick of ebay botching up the smallest things now.

Ebay seems to be leaving us for little to no room for error and now we must play the postal service as well.

I see buyers abusing the heck out of this....
Old 11-29-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yes always give urself some lead way, I do all free USPS Priority shipping now, it's so worth it to get 5 star in at least one column and they are fast within the 48 states so I stay with that as my territory and no drop off in sales
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post
On EVERYTHING, I put the regular shipping.

They may get a surprise and I may expedite... Other than that, its regular mail with 2 days handling.

Im sick of ebay botching up the smallest things now.

Ebay seems to be leaving us for little to no room for error and now we must play the postal service as well.

I see buyers abusing the heck out of this....
Good point, I like to under promise and over deliver. Leave a little margin for error. Even though 90% of my items I ship Priority mail I think I am just going to choose the Standard shipping option for the eBay required part and just add that I ship Priority in the description.

I am with Sandy. No sale is that important to me that I am going to go out of my way to rush to the post office and send a package. Between what I value my time at, gas etc. I am losing money.

It really does feel like as many of you have alluded to. eBay is kinda setting you up to fail how they have chose to market some of these things.
Old 11-30-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Issue is customers are so sucked into the same day shipping crap from mega sellers they expect it from everyone now.

I had an idiot send me a message on Tuesday wanting to know where their package is.

My auctions always end on Sunday. I dont do many BIN anymore.

They paid on Sunday night and live in California. This account is in Florida.

They actually expected it to be in their hands on Tuesday.

Amazing how stupid some buyers can get.
Old 11-30-2013

Yea I had one guy do a buy it now and received a message 3 hours later that the tracking hadn't updated, and I have a 2 day handling but I do either same day if the payment is in before I go to the PO OR NEXT BUT I don't advertise that it's 2 day handling and it takes 12-24 hours to update. Everyone wants instant gratification , they want to pay nothing , and have it within the hour, buyers are begging practically for the market to be full of cheap replicated garbage where they can charge nothing and free fast shipping because no one cares about quality
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yea I had one guy do a buy it now and received a message 3 hours later that the tracking hadn't updated, and I have a 2 day handling but I do either same day if the payment is in before I go to the PO OR NEXT BUT I don't advertise that it's 2 day handling and it takes 12-24 hours to update. Everyone wants instant gratification , they want to pay nothing , and have it within the hour, buyers are begging practically for the market to be full of cheap replicated garbage where they can charge nothing and free fast shipping because no one cares about quality
Preaching to the quire. Lol. Sandy as well.

It gets so annoying. This is why I block any buyer who tries to low ball me on a BIN I have even had people try to ask me to end Auctions a day into a 7 day listing saying they are the highest bidder nobody else has bid on it. Even though I have 10 people watching it and anyone with a brain knows all the bidding happens in the last day and more or less the last few hours. I always cancel their bids and block them from dealing with me. These people in my near 10 years experience always pay the least yet complain the most. As far as I am concerned go be somebody else problem.

For me I am kinda old school good old boy America 1980's the way I was brought up. My price is my price especially on something that does not have a best offer. Unless you are trying to bundle or something like that. Do like a significant bulk order or something like that. Get the heck out outta here. And if I commit to an auction or something like that I don't care if you offer me a crazy offer. I have a responsibility to myself and my customers to see it through.

All my items I don't try to oversell them at all. I take lots of pics. Describe them exactly as I see them and go from there. In business I have one motto. Under promise and over deliver. So I get pissed when I do the right thing and discount an item or whatever. Sell it at a price that I think is fair even when I could probably get more but want the customer to be more than happy. I still get the jerks trying to play games. That is what pisses me off the most.

I hate to when people message me about this other seller offers free shipping. Then go buy from them!!! Or Marshall's or some other outlet or discount retailer or online retailer whatever the heck it has this for this price. Well then go by from them as far as I am concerned!!! I don't care and go be there problem!!!

The worst is when someone asks you a question about something you have clearly said in your description. I don't know about everyone else but I try to keep mine short, sweet, accurate and to the point. I get idiots asking me questions about things that I have clearly said in my 5-10 line one paragraph description. Usually putting the important points in bold or in a bright color, etc. Unreal.

I get so annoyed. I do my best to be a gentlemen and hardly even respond to buyers like this. I normally just thank that they actually outed themselves and sent a message so I can block them. I guess it is pretty much par with most America, everyone is out to screw everyone else over. No conscience or morals at all. And nobody has the attention span to read a paragraph.

Last edited by vogeltron; 11-30-2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old 12-01-2013

Yea I don't get made at buyer just venting here , but any item I list sells , I'm 100% so i just been making more accounts cause sky is the limit

And ill never get into confrontation I just refund let them keep the item and I'll settle the issue in minutes after receiving their email

So I do the same any off question block list , I feel that I have great service ill never scam anyone don't even think it's possible to scam a buyer maybe get over on ebay but their insured and make more I bet when someone walks off with fees so if I feel a buyer is not sure about me I block list because I have 1000s customers more in line behind them, and this is the same principle ebY users on sellers the slightest risk ur blocked it may seem unfair but that will happen but the only way to protect urself