Interesting conversation with a VeRO today - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-26-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Interesting conversation with a VeRO today

My business sells 12 volt electronics.Got VeRO suspended even though we are an authorized dealer.

Finally talked to "upper management" of the VeRO company after our account was reinstated.

Here is how VeRO works for them.

They can close down your auction if you are an authorzed seller because you have signed a dealer agreement stating no internet sales (last one signed around 1996)
But if you "have aquired" the product and sell as an unknown and unauthorized dealer they don't have the right to close your auctions because they can only close an auction of an authorized seller because of the signed dealer agreement.
I never once stated in the auctions we were an authorized dealer nor did I offer any warranty.
They looked up our info through the VeRO program and found out who we were and therefore finally got our account suspended.
My business Ebay account is the same name of my brick and mortar company.

I told "Maryann" (upper management) that the way I heard her statement was that if someone sold under another name and address and you (upper management) could find no information on them and they are not on your list of authorized agents you have no authority to shut them down correct?

To which she replied "yes" but didn't want to be put on record.

So there is my answer to why there are still a load of sellers selling the same exact item I was selling/want to sell and not getting nailed with a VeRO.
They are not authorized to sell them therefore the VeRO company can't shut them down if they use their own pics and description.

Looks like I have to be "dishonest" now and wholesale to my personal account which is not linked at all with business name or dealer agreement and I can sell again...since the VeRO company won't know who I am.

Absolutely ridiculous.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

That's just ONE VeRO company, they're not all like that.

Good thing for you though, just create a new account using details in this forum.

Good lucK!
Old 08-26-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 91%

I am fully aware of that.
I am just shaking the timbers.
Most of the real businesses are in the same situation as my business is....can't figure out why this guy and that guy can sell them but we get nailed.
What we sell are not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ nor are they items one cannot sell over the counter.We sign dealer agreements and have to maintain a certain sales average and make minimum orders for the most part.

Another thing that "Maryann" told me was "We don't know where these sellers get their merchandise....it might be from a closed shop or a business liquidation....too many extenuating circumstances we may not be aware of...If we could find their source we could pull the line from the source...but we can't do anything if they do not have an account with us...Ebay will not let us pull an auction unless we can prove they do not have the right to sell the product and have signed a dealer agreement"

Her real insight is that their Ebay watcher is someone whose "job description" does not include watching Ebay or the internet in general....she inherited the job along with her other duties.
"We don't have the manpower to monitor all internet sales and activities"
Managed to find me in a hurry.
It's a wild west shootout anymore and the legitimate who have been in business for 25 years get shot down by those who have figured out how to do business on the sly.
If the product didn't still maintain a higher end reasonable margin I'd tell this company to shove it.
At which time they would offer it to several of my local competitors since this is a "protected line" and they want "local distribution".

The manufacturers are just as much to blame as Ebays unfair VeRO program.
Trial without a jury nor representation.

Last edited by Modee; 08-30-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Jabp, I completely understand what you are going through. I too have signed Contract agreements with vero companies but you are still lucky that you can still order from your dealer. They ended my contract with them because I was selling on ebay. They found out that it was me because I was kind enough to leave my business card in all my packages with my Store Name,Address, and Phone numbers to provide excellent customer services and warranty repairs. If you have time take a read at my story in the Ebay Horror Story section.http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-pa...mer-story.html
Old 08-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

A lot of companies also use vero to keep their stuff off of ebay without regard to purpose of the vero program. Some companies will just file a vero on every one of the listings for their items whether they suspect a copy or not.

They do this to protect their brand and dealers. Ebay allows companies to abuse the vero system like that to reduce the chance ebay will be sued for the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ that get through. Once you get vero'd there is almost no recourse.

Because of that, IMO, vero and ebay are BS. They allow companies that want to illegally control the aftermarket for their products and at the same time they profit from the ⊗⊗⊗⊗. The whole process is crooked.
Old 08-30-2008

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cynic View Post
Because of that, IMO, vero and ebay are BS. They allow companies that want to illegally control the aftermarket for their products and at the same time they profit from the ⊗⊗⊗⊗. The whole process is crooked.
Thats exactly what happened to me! I have a definite feeling eBay keeps lots of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ in there because they "want" them there for fees. But as soon as they hear the words "legal documents" they kick you out. SO honest authorized dealers are punished and shwindlers are allowed to sell.