eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Is donating on ebay a good way to keep heat off your stealth accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/68213-donating-ebay-good-way-keep-heat-off-your-stealth-accounts.html)

nodeal 12-16-2013 02:03 AM

Is donating on ebay a good way to keep heat off your stealth accounts?

I know donating is great for all the obvious reasons. It's nice to help out. But does it keep heat from ebay off of your stealth accounts as well?

Is ebay less likely to harass you if they see you are adding donations on your listings, or does it not make any impact at all? Do you see donations increasing sales and helping to create success on your stealth accounts?

Josty 12-16-2013 02:47 AM

Re: Is donating on ebay a good way to keep heat off your stealth accounts?

i would imagine so it would make you look like a fine upstanding citizen to them and surely they would be less likely to put heat on you like you say i have wondered this exact same thing myself hopefully someone has knowledge of this :)

nivo 12-16-2013 02:48 AM

I tried on one account - and it did not help at all. IMO it only hurt me because it required all of the confirmation at the beginning, etc.

It may have helped a little - but it was too insignificant for me to ever notice.

jeffweico 12-16-2013 03:10 AM

If your account has an issue that could make eBay go either way, then maybe - just MAYBE - it could help. But if eBay is looking at your account because of any severe policy violations (⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity, counterfeits, fraud, etc.) then it will not help in the slightest.

An0nym0u$ 12-16-2013 11:20 AM

Agree w/ Jeff on this.

Donating has no impact on your account when it comes to policy violations or other major issues on your account.

If it was that easy to just 'buy' eBay off to turn a blind eye, there'd be a whole lot more donating. :)

unkown5454 12-16-2013 12:27 PM

Tried and tested. Did absolutely nothing for me.

rsot 12-16-2013 12:42 PM

Doesn't seem like to help a lot with security of the account when purchasing - when selling, contributing...perhaps a little if you have high volume but I dont have confirmation on this

Dazzler87 12-16-2013 02:36 PM

Good question,

Maybe it will help with sales as people will see that some of there money is going to charity and are more likely to buy from you,

But if eBay ever see anything wrong with your account they won't think twice before suspending you just like they do with any account,

I would say if you want to donate do it out of the good of your heart, but don't expect any special treatment from eBay!

nivo 12-16-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazzler87 (Post 511995)
Good question,

Maybe it will help with sales as people will see that some of there money is going to charity and are more likely to buy from you,

But if eBay ever see anything wrong with your account they won't think twice before suspending you just like they do with any account,

I would say if you want to donate do it out of the good of your heart, but don't expect any special treatment from eBay!

Exactly, most of the time, unless it is a manuel review, a "actual" person does not even review the account, they are bots to monitor the community as a whole, and I doubt they are programmed to make your banning a little less bad just because you donated to charity - anyway, for all they know, it is your charity :)

yotano211 12-16-2013 04:44 PM

To me its just a free tax right off for ebay since its a stealth account. I do my own donating on my time and my own tax right off.

Its like donating a few bucks at the grocery store during those money donating drives they do a few times a year. The store gets a free tax right off at the expense of their own shoppers, plus they get all of the credit for it.

nivo 12-16-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 512062)
To me its just a free tax right off for ebay since its a stealth account. I do my own donating on my time and my own tax right off.

Its like donating a few bucks at the grocery store during those money donating drives they do a few times a year. The store gets a free tax right off at the expense of their own shoppers, plus they get all of the credit for it.

That is why I like to do different things like donate my computer(s) processing power for organizations instead (using BOINC). It may be less efficient then the company having there own custom server duplexes, but I can see the direct benefit - never looked into writing it off, but probably could write off the power consumption of my comps ;)