I have a very distinct feeling about ebay...comments please. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-03-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default I have a very distinct feeling about ebay...comments please.

Does anybody else have this same feeling:

Ebay found out that they have more sellers than buyers. This is not a bad thing but in the equation demand/offer this particular situation drives the prices down (excess of offer) and consequently ebay makes less money per sale because the fees are lower.

So ebay is compelled to kick out any seller that does not "fit" on ebay. For example if you sell something that a lot of other people sell...you might be on the black list with ebay because you drive the prices down.

You might have a chance if you sell low volumes in unpopulated categories.

Does this make sense to anybody?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2008

Longevity: 91%

Of course it makes sense.
Hence, the shift to the Amazon.com mentality. They'll soon realize that they can't beat Amazon, though. Especially with forcing Sellers to have that PayPal anchor 'round their neck.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-03-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

A while back I was selling dvds on ebay, they were totally legit though my source was questionable, but because of this I was able to undercut the more established sellers, this was good and business was booming for about three weeks, then boom one day I wake up check my email and all my auctions had been taken down by ebay for copyright infringements and I was suspended.

At this time I did alot of research as to why my auctions were deemed suspicious by ebay and one of the things that transpired was that because my dvds were much cheaper than the other sellers it flagged on ebays system that these had to be copies, so moral of the story is, even if you can sell alot cheaper than your competitors don't, they won't like it and neither will ebay, obviously this only applies to BIN as auction prices cannot be controlled.