Finally getting increases, stuck on what to sell! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Finally getting increases, stuck on what to sell!

Thanks to the wonderful information outlined in eBay Stealth along with the great wealth of information on this board, I have managed to get limit increases on several accounts up to 100/5000 per month and 30/3000 on a few others. It is great to finally see this after my 4 months or so of work I have been putting into eBay Stealth.

Now that I have these listings available, the obvious question is what to sell! I have been reading a lot on these boards, and some hints/leads have been dropped if you read close enough through the forums. For this I am grateful. But man, finding good merchandise is truly the toughest part of this ordeal!

Finding goods to sell isn't outlined in an A, B, C fashion like creating stealth accounts is because, obviously, nobody wants to give up their hard-earned secrets.

I have a pretty good clothing connection, and I always read to start with something you already have a foot in the door with, so I invested some money into a few different articles of clothing. It's tough, though! I haven't really made any sales yet and so far it's just more boxes of crap lying around that aren't selling! Very demoralizing.

Also, looking at what other people are selling is very deceiving, since I can find the same items selling well on other people's accounts, but the same items not being sold on my accounts! And in some of these instances, my listings will be just as good, if not better, than the ebay seller making all the sales on these particular items! Again, demoralizing to say the least!

It's all good, though. I am prepared to keep on chipping away until I find those few items that really start bringing in profit. I actually have touched upon one item. Unfortunately I can't fill up all my listings on every account with the same item! I will find more in time, though. It is just a matter of time, experimentation, and continuous research!

Thank you all for providing me with the tools necessary to go eBay Stealth! I'm very happy for my limit increases! Unfortunately finding the goods to sell is very frustrating, and I'm hitting a little rough patch in this step of the process. I'm hoping most of you went through something similar when you were just beginning to sell. If you guys have any tips, hints, or words of motivation, I could definitely use them right now
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Finally getting increases, stuck on what to sell!

Finding what to sell is 90% of the work

For every 20 hours I put into research I get 3 or 4 items out of it, only 1 of those items tends to turn a good profit in the real world.

When you start to have 50 or 60 of these products that each have 4 or 5 variations each making a good bit of profit though you start to really realise what you spend all those hours hunched over the computer late at night for. Generic cloths are always a hard area to sell in

Keep chipping away. Works out in the end
Old 01-11-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Finding a niche product is the majority of being successful on ebay.

Like many, I put in hours researching a single product.

Keep looking and researching and something will come to you.

Good place to start is sold items in a category you know on ebay.
Old 01-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I would add that when you find one niche products, others often follow. For example, you stumble across some medical device, or product. It sells. You can then think of related products and search them s well.

I use Terapeak to research items I think might be worthwhile. They will show you how many listings there are for a particular item and - MORE IMPORTANTLY - how many SALES there have been and at what price.

Sometimes you will come across a product and think you have struck gold, but when you look at actual sales, there were all of THREE sold over a 90 day period.