eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   COD shipping (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/69872-cod-shipping.html)

hulkman 02-01-2014 03:29 PM

COD shipping

I am trying to ship a package to a customer who has bought an item from me before. This time he wants more (about $400) and doing the transaction outside of ebay.

He wants to do COD. With COD, I can't seem to get a clear answer out of the post office about payment. I know its either cash or personal check, however I don't know if you can specify which you want. I obviously want cash because with checks someone can write a bad check or stop it.

Does anyone know anything about this. Can you specify cash only? The post office people dont seem to know at all.

BigCJ 02-01-2014 05:49 PM

Re: COD shipping

Last time I used COD it was a money order that needed to be use. If using a MO, I would use Postal variety only because you can cash it right away.

Keep in mind this was 7 years ago....Not sure what has changed now.

I would make them send you a money order (postal only) instead by priority mail with tracking, then you send your item to them being that its outside of Ebays scope.

Be sure to keep a copy of all emails and receipts.

GreenBean 02-01-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulkman (Post 524948)
I am trying to ship a package to a customer who has bought an item from me before. This time he wants more (about $400) and doing the transaction outside of ebay.

He wants to do COD. With COD, I can't seem to get a clear answer out of the post office about payment. I know its either cash or personal check, however I don't know if you can specify which you want. I obviously want cash because with checks someone can write a bad check or stop it.

Does anyone know anything about this. Can you specify cash only? The post office people dont seem to know at all.

A buyer is dictating the terms of sale to you?

Does that sound sensible?

Why are you NOT protecting yourself? True COD should be notes of legal tender. Nearly anything else could have issues. Think along Craiglist lines....

scam city here.

:mad:

vogeltron 02-02-2014 06:59 AM

agree with cjmixers. Last time I did COD was like 6 years ago myself. They gave me an option of like and I can't remember but I want to say they called it a "verified payment" which was nothing more than a money order.

I am with the more senior members on this one. This payment method is quite risky an outdated. You have much better options now.

rsot 02-02-2014 09:49 AM

COD payment will come to you in the form of a postal money order - it is still a legit form of payment (I did one last week for a client) - slower but postal service still can do it.

GreenBean 02-02-2014 09:50 AM

Postal money orders can still be forged.

Have to be well aware of that.

:mod:

DarkKnight34 02-02-2014 11:36 PM

Cod just seems like a scam to me if it was a small amount i might risk it but for $400 I wouldnt

vogeltron 02-03-2014 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 525082)
COD payment will come to you in the form of a postal money order - it is still a legit form of payment (I did one last week for a client) - slower but postal service still can do it.

Not always. It may be different now here in the states. But if you did COD UPS or FedEx. You had to specify if it was and I am probably getting the wording wrong. But like a verified payment which meant straight up cash or a money order like stated. You could still do COD where you get a personal check, etc.

Lolitax 02-03-2014 05:35 AM

I bought something COD 2-3 years ago and had to pay buy either check or money order. I chose to pay by money order. Cash wasn't one of the options.

vogeltron 02-13-2014 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolitax (Post 525322)
I bought something COD 2-3 years ago and had to pay buy either check or money order. I chose to pay by money order. Cash wasn't one of the options.

You sound right. COD for the most part is becoming a relic of a previous era. Much like the LAN Telephone Line and the Pay Phone.

joesshooze 02-14-2014 03:48 PM

I won't do a COD and out of eb is not advise. Postal money order is the largest item forged in US prisons besides US treasury checks. My bank would not cash my SS settlement check until I deposited it & verified the next day.

rsot 02-14-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 528172)
You sound right. COD for the most part is becoming a relic of a previous era. Much like the LAN Telephone Line and the Pay Phone.

I agree - it is a relic - better to process a credit card payment or ask for bank transfer...takes communication and buyer faith