eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Beware when managing multiple Gmails. "On behalf of" feature red flag. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/70715-beware-when-managing-multiple-gmails-behalf-feature-red-flag.html)

0bitus 02-26-2014 03:02 AM

Beware when managing multiple Gmails. "On behalf of" feature red flag.

Just to let you know, since this info seems to be missing on this forum.

When granting access and managing your multiple email addresses from one Gmail account it may seem very convenient to use this feature to also instantly and easily follow and reply on Ebay messaging, but Don't!

If you do this - answer an ebay message from a 'stealth' gmail, while accessing it through another gmail, both of your mails will be labled on the letter with the "On Behalf of" stamp, thus linking your account would be that much easier.

You can just use another browser to login to each gmail account you need separately and answer messages from there. It does make it much slower when you have a lot of questions to answer on multiple accounts, but it's the easiest way i find to be safe, unless using additional paid tools.

Have a great day!

Skiba07 02-26-2014 04:43 AM

Re: Beware when managing multiple Gmails. "On behalf of" feature red flag.

Thanks for that info :)
Do you think redirecting email from few gmail acc to one, and then just reading but not answering emails from there is 100% safe?

Fleabay999 02-26-2014 07:25 AM

This only applies to replying emails yes and not viewing?

I read many link the emails for ease of sale/question information

JamesNorth101 02-26-2014 07:59 AM

Just to make sure the situation is clear

It is fine to forward all emails from stealth accounts to a master Gmail account to read them so long as beacons and images are disabled. It should go without saying you cannot reply to the emails from the master Gmail account.

When replying to an message it can either be done though eBay itself, or though the stealth Gmail account that corresponds with the stealth eBay account.

0bitus 02-26-2014 10:24 AM

Indeed that is true, however I was not speaking about managing your mail from a master account that receives forwarded messages.
I was speaking about when you have granted access from you stealth gmail to your master account (this is the more efficient choice for management in my opinion). In this case you are able to 'change user' within gmail from the master account without any additional log in, or confirmation (you already have permanent access). This opens up your stealth gmail directly from your master account and feels the same way as if you would log in to it separately, with the one condition that i explained in my first post, that you should know about and avoid it!

Sammich 03-13-2014 01:23 AM

I still dont get it. I use gmail and forward all my emails to one master email address. I have ten (the max allowed) gmail accounts logged in at once. Are you saying when I send an email all ten of my logged in email addresses is seen by the recipient?

nodeal 03-13-2014 03:13 AM

I use the iBid app so i can check my gmail accounts through there.

Can I respond to buyers' emails on this app or will that link me?

rsot 03-13-2014 04:04 AM

I always like to use separate browsers to vary up my activity but I am still a fan of just dealing with e-mails for one account at a time in the right user account

GreenBean 03-13-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 536524)
I always like to use separate browsers to vary up my activity but I am still a fan of just dealing with e-mails for one account at a time in the right user account

Changed your methods?

You used to say you only contacted via ebay and avoided emails.

:brushteeth:

sax4 03-13-2014 09:00 AM

I have many gmails forwarding to a master. I don't even open the fwded messages, sometimes the images show despite them being disabled in both accounts

pokerpro 03-13-2014 09:54 AM

I never even go into my gmail accounts...I just answer every ebay question, thru the ebay message system, 1 account at a time....guaranteed safe that way.

rsot 03-13-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 536569)
Changed your methods?

You used to say you only contacted via ebay and avoided emails.

:brushteeth:

..."in the right user account" :) - to clarify : in the right eB user account then

0bitus 03-14-2014 08:59 AM

The Stealthers paranoia is unavoidable :P

rsot 03-14-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0bitus (Post 536839)
The Stealthers paranoia is unavoidable :P

To certain degree, paranoia is healthy - keeps things separated

Leng 03-14-2014 11:38 AM

Anyone else find them struggling managing a new set of accounts then after a month thinking man this is easy I want more?!

keepongoing 03-14-2014 11:49 AM

I never open the gmail emails on my phone, I just see the email title and then go on directly to the site to read the full message.

I have had no issues doing this, you cant see the whole email but at least you know their is something to address on there.

I would think this method would be rather safe?