eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   What the difference between ebay personal and business accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/70787-what-difference-between-ebay-personal-business-accounts.html)

rocketman 02-27-2014 11:51 PM

What the difference between ebay personal and business accounts?

I'm not asking about Paypal , Im asking about ebay, whats difference between ebay personal account and ebay business account. please list advantages and disadvantages of both. thanks

vogeltron 02-28-2014 04:26 AM

Re: What the difference between ebay personal and business accounts?

In the US it is very minimal. Especially if you are stealth user and trying to stay under the 1099k law. It is basically indifferent.

rsot 02-28-2014 05:40 AM

The business account basically allows for "easier" transition to accepting merchant payment processors....you still need to provide all kinds of documentation however...except that eB sees the account as open for mass business quantities

GreenBean 02-28-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketman (Post 533042)
I'm not asking about Paypal , Im asking about ebay, whats difference between ebay personal account and ebay business account. please list advantages and disadvantages of both. thanks

What are your intentions regarding selling in the future?

Choosing personal or business depends on that.

Then you can work out the differences.

:mod:

rocketman 03-01-2014 10:47 AM

I just thought that business account might be a little more stronger then personal?

rsot 03-01-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketman (Post 533389)
I just thought that business account might be a little more stronger then personal?

Untrue - both types are made stronger with verification but both can go down just as easily

MM78 03-01-2014 02:24 PM

As my Canadian hommie has pointed out, not much of a difference in strength, no account is safe....maybe the large corporation accounts.

Sandy D 03-01-2014 03:19 PM

For some reason there seems to be a few post that makes some believe that business accounts will get you quicker limit raises, will keep them from being toasted etc etc.

This information is false.

A business account LOOKS or APPEARS better in the eyes of a buyer on ebay and paypal itself but in the long run it does not keep you from being canned, does not give you a head ups on non business accounts and does not give you better or large raises on limits unless you add an LLC or something of that nature.

The misinformation has many scrambling to think I need to run and turn everything into a business name.

Some perks, but not protected and certainly not exempt from being canned.

This seems to be a trend of posting about this over and over again and the misinformation should be ended now that we have seen a large number of post about this and it has been cleared up.

Sandy D 03-01-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 533094)
What are your intentions regarding selling in the future?

Choosing personal or business depends on that.

Then you can work out the differences.

:mod:

As Greenie state so well.

It depends on what your future intentions are.

Can be a long term benefit if needed.