\"eBay  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   I thought today was Friday=( What to do about LATE shipping? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/71313-i-thought-today-friday-what-do-about-late-shipping.html)

okay 03-15-2014 07:25 PM

I thought today was Friday=( What to do about LATE shipping?

Okay, I list 'same-day' shipping. I have 2 sales that did not go out on the 'same-day'. So I printed one of the shipping labels through eB selecting from the drop-down list shipping date 'Today-03/14/14' but, last collection at USPS was long gone done over with but my postal worker will let a package with a 1-day old shipping label go out. The 2nd label I printed is for today and is the correct shipping date.

When I got to the post office it was closed (I thought it was Friday today) and last collection is bye-bye:s.

How is the best way to handle this?

Thankyou.

SaiJin 03-15-2014 07:42 PM

Re: I thought today was Friday=( What to do about LATE shipping?

Nothing you can do but ship on Monday.

Perhaps you can tell your customer about same day shipping as in in Weekdays, not weekends.

Only idiots expect a weekend shipping.
Same idiots who expect people to work on weekends.

okay 03-15-2014 07:56 PM

Thankyou! What about my prepaid printed labels that I purchased and printed on eB? Those will no longer be valid when Monday comes. And eB and paypal have these old label/tracking numbers in the system and when I create and pay for another label it will show as 2 shipments per address and that messes with my 21 day hold times which can extend the 21 day hold rule on my account, no?

My only thought and answer to myself is to VOID both labels. Is this the correct thing to do? I'm not worried about the customers or seller shipping performance times, I am more concerned about this screwing up my 21-day hold being imposed on my account longer.

SaiJin 03-15-2014 08:08 PM

Don't worry about it, use the label that is currently valid and drop it off first thing in the morning.

SaiJin 03-15-2014 09:47 PM

Yes, so use the one that you didn't cancel yet of courses.
Toss the one you canceled for refund from USPS

Salvo 03-16-2014 12:26 AM

I've had no problems using labels 1-2 days after printing date, it happens.

bigcasey123 03-16-2014 11:00 AM

why would they no longer be valid? just because you didn't ship on the day you put doesn't mean it's invalid.

okay 03-17-2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcasey123 (Post 537251)
why would they no longer be valid? just because you didn't ship on the day you put doesn't mean it's invalid.

Well after looking this up it seems the usps changed some policy on or around 2010-2011 and this is a part I pulled from it:
“Accepting packages that have stale ship dates on them could affect our delivery scores. This information from usps.com explains the correct process. The same policy would be in place for other pcpostage labels such as paypal, stamps.com, endicia.com, etc.

You must mail your item on the date that you selected for your Click-N-Ship label; this is known as the Ship Date. An electronic record is generated on that date indicating that your mail piece has been mailed. Packages shipped with labels that have incorrect Ship Dates will be returned to the sender and will not be eligible for a refund. If you are unable to use the label, you should request a refund within ten (10) days of the printed label and create another label with the correct Ship Date.
Your online label can be used only as it has been printed, without any alterations. If you find an error in your label, print a new label with the correct information and request a refund. Any mail piece which has a manually altered online label will be returned.”

Really depends on the p.o. and the worker and I guess try not to let the label get staler than 48 hours:croc:

vogeltron 03-17-2014 04:10 AM

The date on the label really dosn't matter much. I have shipped items 3-4 days later for various reasons. God knows I have dropped off enough packages that didn't get scanned for 2-3 days.

Your biggest issue would be the buyer. Not sure if you promised delivery by a certain date. But if you did and you think it will miss it. Would send them an message apologizing and saying it is rare you miss a cut off shipment and feel bad about it. Have done this a few times. Thankfully thus far the buyers have been understanding. Usually when they have to contact you is when it becomes problematic.

rsot 03-17-2014 05:27 AM

Ship out and wait for buyers to receive item. Communicate openly with them to avoid problems.

And the buyers paid more for 1 day shipping...hmm...might have to refund part of the shipping fee...honestly speaking

GreenBean 03-17-2014 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okay (Post 537147)
How is the best way to handle this?

Thankyou.

Have you thought of your buyers?

What are you doing for them?

Be careful of not getting them off side to ding your DSRs.....

Communicate quickly

:mod:

biglouis999 03-17-2014 08:09 AM

Dont know about in the USA but I have many times shipped packages with labels which were technically invalid but were never flagged.

The thing is that if you take them to the post office after a certain time when the last post has been collected they will stay there (at the post office)til the next day when they are taken to the sorting depot. However they are technically "in the system" so the postal sorting depot does not know when exactly they were handed in. And with the volume of mail who is going to check individual packages?

I have had packages go as late as 2 days and never be flagged. The post office recieving them never looks at the date if you go during a busy time with long lines.

I should add these were international packages so one or two days late makes no appreciable difference to shipping time. I tell my buyers 1-3 weeks and most packages arrive in 7-10 days.

okay 03-18-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 537391)
Ship out and wait for buyers to receive item. Communicate openly with them to avoid problems.

And the buyers paid more for 1 day shipping...hmm...might have to refund part of the shipping fee...honestly speaking

Actually I included free shipping with same-day handling time.

Everything worked out perfect. The 2 labels dated Friday 14th, I just told the rep at the post office I was not able to get in on time and I'm aware of the fairly new policy.. she STAMPED the label with today's date. Done. I messaged the buyer just like vogeltron advised and got received a nice 'dont worry about it, the girls b-day isnt for another 2 weeks..boomboom..Happy St. Patrick's Day!'

I'm just wanting to shake this 21-day hold policy as fast as possible and when a hiccup in shipping dates or even the updating of shipping numbers in paypal may play part in how much longer your kept on that 21-day hold.. I mean I can care less I'm trying to save my money anyway but then I do care, a lot, because lol this is my only stealth..:croc: