Anyone know what goes on here? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Anyone know what goes on here?

Anyone know what goes on here?

I have some accounts that I know people go and report all the time but they're just immune.

Others, eBay seems to always be trying to take the items down for just ficticious violations that the other sellers in my category have the same stuff if not worse of and if I report them, eBay just lets them go but always takes my stuff down within hours for just random untrue listing violations. These aren't taken down for VERO and my other accounts that seem immune have the same stuff eBay takes down and some actual stuff they probably wouldn't like but eBay lets those slide and goes after some of my accounts making up whatever random violations they can. Examples of violations they take them down for are for like if the item is selling clothes, eBay takes them down for a violation relating only to electronic items. Or they'll enforce stuff like "no money orders allowed", "include handling time", "fill out the returns policy form", 1 and 1 half month early. When I contact eBay on them, it's near impossible to get an answer and eBay just doesn't back down, claim they're right and refuse to admit error, and they do "do this" and I do it and then they find something new to take them down for again. I'll do a test of maybe 1 item and the most I can get anything to stay up on them is a few hours. When I find a competitor with the same violation that they took my listing down for (which is 100% of the competitors), eBay never takes a competitor's listing down. It'll be like ebay says "you must specify a handling time" (1 and 1/2 months early) and then I go and report a competitor to see what eBay does and say "you took mine down for not specifying a handling time and they aren't either" of which eBay never does anything, ever. I am not sure if it's a competitor or if it's purely eBay's doing on its own.

For my accounts that seem immune and my accounts that eBay targets, none of them are powersellers. They're all similar in feedback and account age. The payment options are about the same, etc. For every account that eBay will just take stuff down on for a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ violation, I will have 1-2 other accounts that they are fine with selling in the same category and the same stuff and the immune ones even have violations that eBay would take stuff down on my targetted accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!