Really strange ebay call (limits) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-21-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Really strange ebay call (limits)

Hi,

I am a TRS gold PS operating on stealth. I stupidly called ebay today to get my limits raised.........

Went through the usual questions but then they surprised me by mentioning an old account of mine (which is permenantly banned) and then listed 3 others which are also banned. I just kind of waffled nervously and said I did not know what they were talking about.

They then sent an email whilst still on the phone detailing the accounts and even the paypal accounts associated. They said they had some issues which needed resolved................resolved - they are permenantly limited unless I am missing something..........they were limited for VERO.

Ebay then said that if I resolved the issues on the acccounts my limits would be increased (I already have a substantial limit).

Basically, I can't help feeling that they know fine that I am operating on stealth but so far have done nothing about it. I asked before I hung up the phone if they were going to suspend my account and they said "no no, of course not - you just need to sort the issues on all your other accounts ?????"

This has me baffled because they know I have 4 linked accounts and two linked paypal accounts with name variations and have done nothing. I expected to log on and find my account shut down.

Does anyone know if ebay are now turning a blind eye to stealth as long as the user has great account standing (I have 100% FB , TRS, Gold powerseller and feedback of over 600+ - account is over 2 years old).

Anyone else experienced this ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Really strange ebay call (limits)

I would say its a matter of time.

Why would you risk a Gold TRS if you already have a substantial limit?

I would start on getting more stealths started asap, and avoid all linking this time
Old 03-21-2014

Longevity: 58%

your accounts cant have been totally stealth if they have linked you

why call up ??

not smart
Old 03-21-2014

You must have forgotten your Stealth gear. Are you following this forum really well. There are numerous times when members have been cautioned on calling for limits especially if the account is Stealth.

Start all over again, there are very few options to dig that account out.
Old 03-21-2014
Threadstarter  

I have a substantial limit but an even more stock..........I guess I just got impatient as I have been stuck on the same limit (18K) for the past three months - a mistake I know.

I have eight stealth accounts and I am well versed in stealth but this particular account has a great following - 50+ subscribers and my products sell very well. I just got greedy I guess and thought I would try to phone in...........NEVER AGAIN - they are pretty good at trying to trip you up.

Ebay are just fishing - this account is stealth but it is a close name variation to my old accounts. I never once admitted to having anything at all to do with the other accounts - I think they were waiting for me to admit it and then shut me down.

I suspect they will do a bit more digging over the next few days and then shut me down..............a pain but not a problem for me.

I am just curious as to why they have not shut me down straight away ? Maybe they can't actually prove these accounts are linked because I am pretty careful about all aspects of stealth.

Will keep you updated but I am in the process scaling this account down now in preparation for the inevitable I think......

Onto the next account I go.........
Old 03-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

So you basically played Russian Roulette and lost...I hope that everyone is thinking of calling in reads this post so they can see WHY we suggest they DON'T call in!!!!

All your work flushed down the gutter with just 1 call, I truly hope you can get the account back but it's a shame to see these types of accounts go down. People would love to have an account with that status and selling limits.
Old 03-21-2014
Threadstarter  

The account is still live, that is why I can't understand why they did not shut me down straight away ?

Ebay just sprung it on me out of the blue during the phone call "so what about all your other accounts" and started listing them............this is what put me on the back foot.......I held my nerve and never admitted to them but they were persistent and kept saying you just need to resolve the issues on your other accounts and provided me with a phone number to call to sort the issues. They sent me an email during the call and told me to open it while I was on the phone - the email had details of 4 past accounts and 2 limited paypal accounts............this shocked me but again, I held my nerve.

MASSIVE lesson here though as you say - NEVER call into ebay to have limits raised.............take it from me but so far all OK as they have left my account up and running which is what I can't understand and why I started this thread.
Old 03-21-2014

Longevity: 76%

Just open more accounts....don't call unless necessary and even then it's last resort. Just drawing unnecessary attention.
Old 03-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

We'll that's good...So, when you calling again for limit raises? lol. If your account is still going then your super lucky.
Old 03-21-2014
Threadstarter  

SUPER LUCKY is an understatement BUT why on earth would they list all my suspended accounts and even 2 limited paypal accounts and tell me to phone in and resolve the issues ???????????? Once I done that they would look at raising the limits on my TRS account.........?

I just cannot understand that ?

Is it because I never admitted to having anything to do with the accounts they mentioned and they were just fishing and trying to get me to admit it ?

What do you guys think ?
Old 03-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I think you are missing the big point.

Why did they link you to your old accounts?

Doubtfully due to a mis-matched name only.

I would make it your number one priority to figure that out before proceeding to ensure the same mistake is not made again.
Old 03-21-2014
Threadstarter  

They did not actually say that they had linked me - they kept saying that you have outstanding issue on all your old accounts - my reply to them was - what old accounts ? - they then sent me details of them - again I denied it.

The one possibility is that I sell the same products as on my old account and my name is a close match to my old accounts so not really rocket science to work it out...............BUT they cannot prove anything as everything and I mean everything is different on my TRS account apart form the products I sell.

This is the only feasible way that they are SUSPECTING a link but they cannot prove it.

They said they will call me next week to see how I am getting on resolving the issues on my other accounts - I plan to avoid that phone call - should I answer ?
Old 03-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

eBay only need to suspect something. So long as they are suspisious, that is all that matter
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (03-21-2014)
Old 03-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I am no expert on here, but I am certain James is right.

Be very careful how you proceed.
Old 03-21-2014
Threadstarter  

What do you guys suggest ?

Do I answer the phone call next week (if they call) or do I avoid like the plague and HIDE !!!
Old 03-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry506 View Post
What do you guys suggest ?

Do I answer the phone call next week (if they call) or do I avoid like the plague and HIDE !!!
Either one could get your current account limited..Its a waiting game now,
Old 03-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Well, up early this morning and logged in to my TRS account..........still live and made 7 sales overnight.........account still very much live.

Something I forgot to say is that Ebay stated that the old accounts were all limited due to VERO and Ebay said because I was listing the same products on this account that I needed to phone the rights owner and get an email stating that they were OK with me selling their products. Once I have that email, I have to send it into ebay and everything will be fine.

there is not a chance that the company will say yes to selling their products so I am never going to be able to send this email to ebay.

In the meantime they also stated that they would recommend but not force me to take down all my listings of the relevant products - something that I have not done so far. They said that they would not remove the listings for me, I had to do it myself...........this confused me also ?

How would you guys tackle this one ?

Am I advised to end all my listings of the product (approx 200+ lisitngs) or do I just chance it and try to sell as many as I can before the phone call next week ?

I am not sure what ebay are up to here but it seems that they are turning a blind eye to me blatantly breaking their policy re. stealth.

Do you think fantastic reviews from customers and great standing is helping me here and ebay actually want to keep me ? Or am I being naive here ?
Old 03-22-2014

Longevity: 59%

if that is a real question, I'll give you a truthful answer...NAIVE in all caps! I don't mean to rain on your parade, but they could not care less when it comes to limiting you , about your feedback or anything else like that....Sorry to have to be blunt, but if you think that, you're in a dream world...and I speak from 1st hand experience.
Old 03-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Hi Pokerpro,

I don't actually think that, just asking the question as I cannot understand why they have not blocked my account instantly.

I am just looking for possible answers as to why they have not suspended me on the spot after linking me with old accounts.............doesn't add up.....?
Old 03-22-2014

Longevity: 76%

Give it a week. Once one of those nasty eBay reps catches on to conversations you have had with other reps or sees the notes from the previous phone call I reckon you'll be burnt to the ground, very quickly. Sending ID, invoices and the colour of your toothbrush won't get you unlimited.
Old 03-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Yes, that is my fear. I think I will spend this weekend trying to shift as much stock as I can on this account and withdraw paypal funds on an hourly basis !!

Been caught out through my own stupidity and two years of building an account and brand down the drain - GUTTED but not defeated............
Old 03-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

eBay can take a few days/weeks/months to sometimes block account.

Carry on with the account as normal, nothing you can do will save it if it is going to go down.

Start working on new stealths, make sure they remain unlinked.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 03-22-2014 at 07:12 AM.