eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Dropshipping From Ebay/Half.com Sellers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/71549-dropshipping-ebay-half-com-sellers.html)

supdawg1985 03-22-2014 05:43 AM

Dropshipping From Ebay/Half.com Sellers

I was thinking about implementing a dropshipping strategy using two different sites. One for a site I can list an item, and second, which would be Ebay or Half.com, to use as a source for inventory.

When I make a sale on the other site, is there a way to have the Ebay seller send it to that address once I make the purchase? I could have it sent directly to me and I could relay it to the customer, but it would be more expensive and more timely to do it that way.

vogeltron 03-22-2014 05:49 AM

Re: Dropshipping From Ebay/Half.com Sellers

Very risky. You have no control over quality or shipping time etc. This has been a topic suggest on here for the past 3-4 years. Seems like those who have tried it have failed. Not necessarily due to their actions but because their on demand "suppliers" let them down. Best of luck.

JamesNorth101 03-22-2014 05:53 AM

As a long term plan this does not work all that well.

supdawg1985 03-22-2014 05:55 AM

This is not my ideal by any means. Just a temporary solution while my business' inventory starts to expand.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the address can be specified during checkout, or if there are any other ways to ensure it is sent to the buyer's address on the other site.

vogeltron 03-22-2014 06:30 AM

I am going to be real with you. If you have an established account that has been on bay for a couple years and a few thousand feedback with solid DSRs you might be able to pull off something like this for a while.

If you think you can do this on a new account to cut corners. Your account will be flagged and down in minutes. It is a bad idea. You are playing with more than fire.

All I can say is you live and learn. Best of luck. When it fails you know where we all are.

bigcasey123 03-22-2014 12:28 PM

On checkout you can change your address. I do this a lot, when i get a international order i buy from a Chinese seller and have it shipped directly to my buyer. So far i only had 1 case open (after 50+ international orders) and this is because the guy wouldn't wait another 3 days. In fact i think he received the item because he never replied back on the open case.

BigCJ 03-22-2014 12:39 PM

Changing addresses has to be one of the BIGGEST flags around. :doh:
It is NOT recommended at all.

Just because it worked for you, does not mean that it will work for others.

Not saying to to be rude either. Thats just a very dangerous practice.

supdawg1985 03-22-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcasey123 (Post 538776)
On checkout you can change your address. I do this a lot, when i get a international order i buy from a Chinese seller and have it shipped directly to my buyer. So far i only had 1 case open (after 50+ international orders) and this is because the guy wouldn't wait another 3 days. In fact i think he received the item because he never replied back on the open case.

How often do you do it a day? What if I sold like 30 things on the other site? I would have an unlimited amount of address changes?

I understand the risk of getting suspended, but I just got suspended anyway. I would just open a new Ebay account for buying only. It would be a pretty expendable account.

bigcasey123 03-22-2014 05:52 PM

I do it about 3 - 4 times a day but i use different sellers because i don't want them to combined the shipping (some sellers will just put all the items in one package and ship it to one address even if the addresses are different).
I don't understand why people say this is a "red flag" because eBay does not say you can't do this.

supdawg1985 03-22-2014 06:18 PM

Yes, it's more of an "unwritten rule" if anything. I even saw in an Amazon forum that the mod himself said dropshipping was okay to do.

So what about Half.com? Can I use the same methods to change the address?

bigcasey123 03-22-2014 06:38 PM

Never used Half.com so i don't know sorry.

bruceox1962 03-24-2014 05:58 AM

Ebay would most likely figure out you are dropshipping plus when you use dropshipping you tend to have to use the pictures the original seller is using and that is a dead give away that you are dropshipping. Ebay allows it but they do not allow it at the same time.

vogeltron 03-26-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcasey123 (Post 538821)
I do it about 3 - 4 times a day but i use different sellers because i don't want them to combined the shipping (some sellers will just put all the items in one package and ship it to one address even if the addresses are different).
I don't understand why people say this is a "red flag" because eBay does not say you can't do this.

You would be the outlier who knows the system to get away with this. Congrats to you. Do not empower people who have no idea what they are doing to pursue this. It will end up in disaster.