eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   US and UK ebay won't allow me to sell? why? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/7241-us-uk-ebay-wont-allow-me-sell-why.html)

ebayoo 09-23-2008 08:04 AM

US and UK ebay won't allow me to sell? why?

from today, when i open a US and UK ebay account and try to sell something, ebay keep asking me to link a verified paypal account. this prblem never happended before, can anybody know why this happens and how to sort out the problem. thanks the follwoing is the message from ebay

Please read. Your response is required.
As a precaution, we have limited the activity on your eBay account until we receive additional verification information from you. We sometimes need to do this to make sure that eBay remains a place where members can buy and sell with confidence.

To have this restriction lifted, you need to become PayPal Verified* and then link your verified PayPal account to your eBay account. Once you've completed this process, you'll be able to sell on any eBay site worldwide.

If you're already PayPal Verified, you just need to link your verified PayPal account to your eBay account. For instructions, please click the link below for the eBay site you're registered on.

Australia | Austria| Belgium| Belgium French| Canada| Canada French | France | Germany| Hong Kong| India | Ireland| Italy| Malaysia | Netherlands| New Zealand | Philippines| Poland| Singapore | Spain | Switzerland | Taiwan | United Kingdom| United States| Other

*If you're registered on Germany, Austria, or Switzerland, you can complete verification through PostIdent or ID Verify instead of PayPal. Please click the link for the site you registered on for instructions.

Quasi_Mojo 09-23-2008 11:50 AM

UK accounts have to have a verified Paypal account attached.
For the US, you're obviously doing something wrong.
Let me guess - you didn't read the ebook?

Yeah... looking at your past questions, it's obvious you have not done enough reading. You're still asking basic questions.

If you want a high-level overview of what you should do to correctly create new eBay/PP accounts, check this out. Read the whole thread and follow the links in the first post.

If you want more detail, I seriously recommend you purchase the eBay Stealth ebook.

Also, please search before you start another thread. You're questions have most likely been asked and answered before (like this one). And it's always best to post in an existing thread.

Here We Go Again 09-23-2008 11:53 AM

Yes this is a new requirement on eBay US. I do not know about other eBay sites.
In order to sell on eBay US with new accounts you are required to link your eBay account to your Paypal account.

This has been discussed in detail a few times on this forum.
Just do a search for it.

ebayoo 10-05-2008 07:32 AM

i have linked my new ebay account to a new paypal account, but the paypal account is NOT verified, do they have to be verified paypal account? please help. thanks

sycore 10-05-2008 12:51 PM

Just created another new account last night and did not have to link to paypal to sell. Did have to verify phone number.