IS anyone using one stealth account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default IS anyone using one stealth account?

I'm just curious as to know if anyone here has one stealth account that they use all the time. My goal is to be able to use just one by using a DBA or LLC. Any advice for me reaching this goal? And I know I will always have back ups just in case but I just really want one account. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: IS anyone using one stealth account?

"Want" and "Need" are two completely different things to think about.....You may want to only run 1 account but that's not always the best case scenario.

Let me setup a scenario for you:
You only sell on this account, you last 1-2 years and POOF the account is now dead. Now you be upset and start a new account but it will take time to build up a new account.

Now you could of had 4-8 accounts all working side by side, so if 1 or 2 or even 3 go down....you still have many more to keep you going.

Just something to think about.
Old 04-29-2014

Longevity: 62%

I use one but I just sell lightly nothing of the same item, nothing quantity. Don't wanna burn the game out for the big sellers here. On the plus side it's been giving me more time to study stealth and more practice time with one account, concentrating on the habits, doing everything in the same way as if I did have other stealth accts.

Although I do only use one acct, I still have a few of my suspended accounts in separate user profiles on my computer. And the google voice phone number that I use for my only account, belongs to one of my suspended accounts. The suspended acct had a different phone number and that phone number is my cell phone number I use today, so apps like the eB app and the ppal app would kill me.

If I had the extra money I would be creating more now for when the day comes, the day I find my own items to sell/brand. Because in order to have everything look 'different' as can be between accounts and or if a manual review ever happens, and I'm not saying it's the factor, the more internet providers you have gives you more NetRange=wider ip range.

I forgot too add, and this goes for anybody selling brand names on eB, I always check to see if the item/brand I want to sell is on the VeRo member list if it is I won't list it. And that list is NOT complete! Their are more I guess that are not on the list.

Last edited by okay; 04-29-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

I am so confused as to why so many people on here talk about making new accounts after they have been suspended and talk about a DBA or LLC or business license etc.

These can be important things. But usually when in the United States you PayPal is gone it means your SSN was attached and you are done. That is where you have to look into using the stealth principles with an EIN. The other things are just formalities for establishing your business in the the state you reside in. Important yes, but not in getting back on eBay/PayPal.
Old 04-29-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I use one main account with 4/5 others ageing and selling sporadically.

If I had nore time i'd be at a much more advanced stage but life is hectic right now.
Old 04-29-2014

Longevity: 72%

Always have backups. Make things in advance, plan ahead. Never hurts at all, it helps.

Having an LLC is entirely up to you. I have a primary and a backup in case any of my banking gets screwed up and to separate liability entities.
Old 04-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I will never just rely on one stealth account - would rather have 5, 10, 15, etc and rotate sales - good value
Old 04-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Think of it like a sleeper cell. One goes down, and the other picks it back up. the worse part about stealth is waiting for the account to mature to some viable to your needs. Most peoples needs surpass the 10/1000 selling limit per month. You may never need a second stealth, but if you have another stealth, hopefully you won't get jammed up.
Old 04-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

i ran 30 stealth...now I am down to 5 time to build up more !
Old 04-29-2014

Longevity: 72%

I think the truth being said here is that you can never have too many stealth accounts..

At least in my business
Old 04-29-2014

Why do you think Parachutes, all have a backup shoot packed inside as well? I don't want to beat a dead horse......but to have a few backups..... is just plain common sense.
Old 04-29-2014

Longevity: 64%

There are very experienced people on here offering wonderful experience and advice. I am with rsot and others. One account is a disaster waiting to happen. Not "IF" but when? I have only been successful because of rsot, gbean, SandyD, Vogeltron and others. I don't let them waste their keystrokes and time. I know from experience they speak the truth.
Old 04-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
There are very experienced people on here offering wonderful experience and advice. I am with rsot and others. One account is a disaster waiting to happen. Not "IF" but when? I have only been successful because of rsot, gbean, SandyD, Vogeltron and others. I don't let them waste their keystrokes and time. I know from experience they speak the truth.
Joesshooze, I think SandyD has put it best. For US Members I can speak to anyone else. She like Myself have a main account with our Tax ID attached for PayPal etc. The for lack of a better word we have a portfolio of Stealth Accounts. Much for backups, some for a rainy day, and some because once you figure out how to do it. It can be kinda addicting, lol.

I also have many stealth accounts, because I want to clear out inventory and do not want to cannibalize my own sales on my own account. If you offer items lower than everything else you have listed you have everyone and their mother low balling you.
Old 04-30-2014

You wanna have 1 account running only? You better be friends with the ceo of ebay!