Sick of Ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-02-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Angry Sick of Ebay

Hi,, I am new here and glad i found this site. I started selling seriously for the past month. I have had Half of my items taken down due to MC999 DEA drug paraphernalia.. 1st all of my hand held pipes were taken down after i sold out then ordered more and relished them . 2nd I just listed water filter smoking cigarette pipes and know they are all taken down for same reason.

I see the same pipes being sold even as of today. Hundreds of them. I received no help from Ebay (I see I'm not alone after reading ) Suffice to say my account is flagged so anything i list is looked at (discrimination Possibly?? Not in bays eyes) I pleaded my case and gave the examples of listings that were the same as mine (ya i know good try).. WTF!!! Ebay is like a communist site!

Anyway with these stealth accounts after one is set up can i slowly make new listings with different wording so the aren't taken down?? I have all this merchandise with nothing to do with. I bought them cause they were all selling good.
I am not computer savvy. Are stealths very easily to set up or would it be better (for someone like me) to purchase an account???? Thanks so much in advance.. EBAY BLOWS!!!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Sick of Ebay

Welcome to the forums.

Once you learn stealth, it's easy to make new accounts OR you can purchase and operate them well.

As for your competition...they are either lucky in terms of not being taken down OR they know tips/tricks for avoiding detection OR they will be taken down retroactively.

As always, experimentation + trial & error are key...your items are risky though that's for sure
Old 05-02-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

hi, thanks,, I had no idea my items would be risky.. they are not bongs etc.. when i searches ebay i say how many people look for these items and how many there are I thought i was GTG!!!

SO is there a learning curve to the stealth account or is it simple to follow the instructions??
Old 05-02-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

just ordered the book,, I had trouble with the download to MAC took me 25 minutes to figure out how to get it, Finally have it and afraid to close it UGH,, only me!!!! Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks..
Old 05-02-2014

Longevity: 64%

There is definitely a learning curve to stealth in general, but you are on the right path by coming here and ordering the book.

Just take things slowly, read the forums as much as possible to find answers to common questions, and ask about anything else that may be unclear to you. You'll be fine though, we all were new to stealth at one point.
Old 05-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

The book is irreplaceable but it is a lil out dated. Be sure to chat it up with a few people in the forum before you open your new account.

1) be sure you set up new user IDs on your computer (keeps cookies and flash cookies separate) this is the easiest and most recommended method

2) do not use IP addresses that you have already used. since you have prob not kept track of your IPs to this point, you may need a see what options are good for you to acquire a new (or some new) IP addresses

3) go to a gas station, walgreens, something and get a vanilla visa gift card or debit card. DO NOT GET A PREPAID CARD (prepaid card will say "prepaid" on it). lowest amount is sufficient to put on it.

4) have a new email ready. gmail is recommended

5) need access to a number that has not been used with EB/PP before. you can find some ideas in here as well for that

6) ignore the section about using friends and family for addresses. we do not recommend that any longer

that should get you a lil to get started with.

Welcome to the Forums. Be patient. I know it is hard to not try to jump in and retrieve the money you are missing, but if you do not wait, you will have wasted some of your resources on another failed EB account.
Old 05-02-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

It takes time and patience, you need to grow your business slow and steady , but as far as time building a business, eBay is very fast

A normal brick and mortar business , you may go the first 3 years just trying to keep afloat and forget about a steady paycheck , your trying to grow your business while struggling to pay the bills
If you can pay the Bills the first 3 years your I'm great shape, but most business will struggle lose money and no return

With eBay the great thing is that you do not have the huge overhead, you can start with one item and keep flipping it into more and more inventory , also the traffic is always there, it's like opening a store in the greatest location on earth with an endless line of customers no matter what, and that is why eBay is so enticing , it can be very profitable

The biggest mistake is that people want to sell on eBay but want to make a living from day one, and these sellers are looked at as high risk and eBay will notice right away and shut you down

Get the book read it over a couple times, it will give you a foundation of where to start, what our fundamental principles are, do not look at it as a step by step guide , it's just a foundation of basic principles

The forum is where your training or education will take place and where you will learn how to build accounts and operate, and just like any business change is constant and if you do not change you will not survive

So it's crucial to understand that there is no exact set in stone guide, this is an ongoing learning experience that will teach how to be a successful eBay seller
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
sttephannyh (05-03-2014)
Old 05-03-2014

Longevity: 77%

Remember to do very careful research on the IP part cuz it is your power. There are many topics about ips for ebay in this forum and just click search button will help you alot.
Old 05-03-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
It takes time and patience, you need to grow your business slow and steady , but as far as time building a business, eBay is very fast

A normal brick and mortar business , you may go the first 3 years just trying to keep afloat and forget about a steady paycheck , your trying to grow your business while struggling to pay the bills
If you can pay the Bills the first 3 years your I'm great shape, but most business will struggle lose money and no return

With eBay the great thing is that you do not have the huge overhead, you can start with one item and keep flipping it into more and more inventory , also the traffic is always there, it's like opening a store in the greatest location on earth with an endless line of customers no matter what, and that is why eBay is so enticing , it can be very profitable

The biggest mistake is that people want to sell on eBay but want to make a living from day one, and these sellers are looked at as high risk and eBay will notice right away and shut you down

Get the book read it over a couple times, it will give you a foundation of where to start, what our fundamental principles are, do not look at it as a step by step guide , it's just a foundation of basic principles

The forum is where your training or education will take place and where you will learn how to build accounts and operate, and just like any business change is constant and if you do not change you will not survive

So it's crucial to understand that there is no exact set in stone guide, this is an ongoing learning experience that will teach how to be a successful eBay seller
That is very true! I babied my one and only, and it's still standing. My mistake was not babying multiple accounts along with it. live and learn!
Old 05-03-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thanks everyone. The IP address thing gives me the heebie geebies,,,,, I had a hard time getting the book into a shared file on MAC to use it when on another account, I will keep an open mind and hope for the best with it
Old 05-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdssn View Post
thanks everyone. The IP address thing gives me the heebie geebies,,,,, I had a hard time getting the book into a shared file on MAC to use it when on another account, I will keep an open mind and hope for the best with it
Stealth is not for the faint hearted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (05-06-2014), kittylove (05-16-2014)
Old 05-06-2014

Longevity: 64%

Welcome. Your competition could have sabotaged you. Just do like the more experience peeps here have advised and you can work through this with a little patience. Best of luck.
Old 05-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdssn View Post
Hi,, I am new here and glad i found this site. I started selling seriously for the past month. I have had Half of my items taken down due to MC999 DEA drug paraphernalia.. 1st all of my hand held pipes were taken down after i sold out then ordered more and relished them . 2nd I just listed water filter smoking cigarette pipes and know they are all taken down for same reason.
That has been a difficult item to sell for ages.

New accounts flop.

Old 05-07-2014

Longevity: 59%

I would think pipes or smoking items would be somewhat high risk.

heck they are crazy about anything tobacco which I have dabbled with in the past.

best thing you can do is build slow WITH multiple accounts going and in a year or so you will be in full swing and bigger and better then ever.

if one goes down you will have three coming up! best a luck
Old 05-08-2014

Longevity: 58%
Wink Re: Sick of Ebay

On your main Mac HDD, create a folder for the book on the desktop and then drag it onto your main hard drive partition. Your Mac will probably ask you for your user name and password - put in a user name and password of an Administrator account - and you'll be all set. No file sharing required! I call my folder 'FOR ALL ACCOUNTS' and it sits right next to Users folder. Hope this helps!