eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How to handle unauthorized returns? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/73246-how-handle-unauthorized-returns.html)

acreech41311 05-06-2014 12:57 PM

How to handle unauthorized returns?

I sell clothing, and I clearly state in my listings and return policy that I do not accept returns if an item doesn't fit, that I only accept returns if the item is not as described and that if they need measurements to ask before buying.

Well I had a lady who bought 2 of the same items in different colors over a month ago (end of march to be exact). Saturday I get an email from her that says, "sorry these just don't fit me so it looks like I'll be returning them."

To which I replied reminding her that per the listing and my return policy I don't accept returns for sizing or fit.

Well today I get a package in the mail and what do you know its the two shirts back AND an enclosed note that tells me I will also need to refund her the cost of shipping it back to me and for me to please refer to the label for the total amount to send her. :mad:

So my question is how do you handle unauthorized returns? When you specifically tell someone they can't return an item and they do anyway?
Obviously I'm not going to refund her the shipping cost.

BigCJ 05-06-2014 01:06 PM

Re: How to handle unauthorized returns?

She will probably just open a claim and then leave a neg (If she already left feedback then I wouldnt worry about it)

If not too expensive, just refund her the cost of the items and block her. But she isnt getting return shipping. If its more money, let her escalate and you can show ebay that shes kept it, abused it and then tried to return it over a month later.

did she use tracking?

bjammin 05-06-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCJ (Post 551049)
did she use tracking?

That is a beautiful question

Is this a stealth account? If not, I would call EB and be proactive instead of reactive. It's always nice to tattle first when you know someone is about to tattle on you. Somehow seems pointing the blame at someone before it gets pointed at you helps.

If it was me, I think I would try calling EB regardless of it was stealth or not. I think it would be odd if they database'd you, but you never really know.

I really cannot stand people that do crap like your buyer. Either they didn't read or the didn't care. Also, trying to force you to do something is a crock of crap. It is amazing how brave people are when you are not face to face with them.

vogeltron 05-07-2014 02:43 AM

It does suck when this happens. That is why I have no gone out of my way to include hand taken measurements on all articles of clothing. Have a policy like yours that basically says check and compare to something you own sale is final.

Basically I would email he back. Say that you are making a big exception by even doing this. You will be refunding her the purchase price less what it cost you to ship the item. That is was clearly stated in the listing that returns due to sizing were not accepted.