eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   ebay category restrictions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/73386-ebay-category-restrictions.html)

inkidiot 05-10-2014 01:08 AM

ebay category restrictions

I just don't understand these category restrictions. some sellers sell the same thing I was selling and they are selling multiple pieces a day but when I try to I get the category restriction... what will happen if I list my items in a different category? while I get suspended? thanks all

also will category restrictions be eliminated after a certain amount of months?

JamesNorth101 05-10-2014 04:39 AM

Re: ebay category restrictions

How old is your account and what is its standing?

GreenBean 05-10-2014 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkidiot (Post 552055)
I just don't understand these category restrictions. some sellers sell the same thing I was selling and they are selling multiple pieces a day but when I try to I get the category restriction... what will happen if I list my items in a different category? while I get suspended? thanks all

also will category restrictions be eliminated after a certain amount of months?

Usual reasons for this are accounts that are not mature enough to do so.

How old is your account?

Yep, high chance of getting restricted if you try category swops too.

As your selling limits rise, matters could improve.

:brushteeth:

rsot 05-10-2014 08:33 AM

Other sellers might have more established accounts and know tricks/tips to listing

fox20c 05-10-2014 09:41 AM

Same thing happened to me a while back. It takes time and getting good feedback, etc., to get those restrictions lifted. After some time and work they do lift, though. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

inkidiot 05-10-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 552091)
Usual reasons for this are accounts that are not mature enough to do so.

How old is your account?

Yep, high chance of getting restricted if you try category swops too.

As your selling limits rise, matters could improve.

:brushteeth:

Based in United States, ******* has been an eBay member since Jan 04, 2014

no buyer feedback. first seller feedback was given april 18 2014. didn't start selling till april 2014. everything completly unlinked nothing but 100% feedback no neutrals or neg. sold random stuff from the store got 11 pos feedbacks.

and then when I listed some health items 3 sold. when I went to sell the remaining 5 I clicked "sell similar" instead of relist. it told me about category restriction.

so I changed category one sold and listing was pulled down before the last 4 could sell. I called E b@ y and was hung up on twice. then I called a 3rd time and was told that they were'nt comfortable with me as a seller. even though other people sell the same exact stuff.

one of my buyers emailed me and said that e b @ y emailed her and told her that because she won the auction (even though it was fixed price) that the listing is being taken down since she was the winner)

I assured her that her item would be sent out. and I uploaded the tracking on paypal as well as emailed it to her and told her the expected delivery date.

well anyways thanks all and time for a new stealth account....

JamesNorth101 05-10-2014 12:28 PM

You are a new eBay seller, even if you have had your buyers account for 2 years you do not start to age as a seller until you have sold your first item.

You cannot list an item in a category unrelated to it.

You cannot base your selling plan on what other sellers can and cannot sell. They may have earned the right to sell certain items whereas you have not.

GreenBean 05-10-2014 12:49 PM

Be happy your account has only had listings pulled.

It is so young it might have got zapped.

Refine your plan and avoid changing categories.

inkidiot 05-10-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 552160)
Be happy your account has only had listings pulled.

It is so young it might have got zapped.

Refine your plan and avoid changing categories.

Oh no that's the thing it did get suspended. already got another stealth aging. will turn it into a seller account soon though.

caitlin622 07-01-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 552122)
Same thing happened to me a while back. It takes time and getting good feedback, etc., to get those restrictions lifted. After some time and work they do lift, though. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Like.... How much time?