eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Sold an item 4 months ago, and now stating the item has issues. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/73629-sold-item-4-months-ago-now-stating-item-has-issues.html)

mynameis 05-18-2014 01:44 PM

Sold an item 4 months ago, and now stating the item has issues.

Sold an item couple of months back and the customer is now stating that the battery keeps draining out. Am i entitled to do anything? The battery can be bought for about £20, and this is very likely a user specific issue.

exxomscp 05-18-2014 02:08 PM

re: Sold an item 4 months ago, and now stating the item has issues.

EB & PP policies won't budge since it's probably past the point of filing a dispute (depends how many days exactly). However, they may be able to still file a credit card chargeback.

toml3030 05-18-2014 02:55 PM

Usually, you can only charge back on your credit card for 2 billing cycles or 60 days after the charge. After 4 months, I don't think a charge back would be successful unless warranty was offered at the time of purchase.

ssean759 05-18-2014 03:13 PM

I think it's 6 months for a charge back. Could be wrong but heard you have 6 months to file charge back. You have 45 days to file claim with pp 60 to file claim with eBay. And 180 days to file a claim with pp if multiple claims are filed against seller. It also might depend on on cc company u using on chargeback policy. I would just ignore it and hope for the best.

GreenBean 05-18-2014 07:35 PM

Re: Sold an item 4 months ago, and now stating the item has issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by toml3030 (Post 554035)
Usually, you can only charge back on your credit card for 2 billing cycles or 60 days after the charge. After 4 months, I don't think a charge back would be successful unless warranty was offered at the time of purchase.

Two points: The OP is from the UK.

Consumker laws vary a little.

Credit card chargebacks can be done up to 180 days.

GreenBean 05-18-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameis (Post 554023)
Sold an item couple of months back and the customer is now stating that the battery keeps draining out. Am i entitled to do anything? The battery can be bought for about £20, and this is very likely a user specific issue.

What does entitled have to do with anything?

It is more if you feel you should, ie obliged to do anything.

Was the item new?

What is the state of your account?

jeffweico 05-19-2014 12:22 AM

If a new battery would make the customer happy, I'd buy a new battery for them.

Is this RIGHT? No. But if it escalates and eBay gets involved, they may get the idea that you are offering shoddy merchandise and will then view you as risky.

Of course, if you offered a WARRANTY with the product, then you pretty much HAVE TO take care of the customer.

As a seller, you have to remember this is not an issue of what the rules say, nor is it an issue of right and wrong. It is an issue of damage control. Do whatever you think will provide the best outcome for your business (I'm guessing that means replacing the battery). You could WIN an eBay case since 4 months have passed, but if you lose the account, did you really win???

mynameis 05-19-2014 02:07 AM

The item was new, he is stating the battery drains too quickly. Sorry just looked at the sell date, it was actually October 2013, so 8 months ago.

GreenBean 05-19-2014 02:27 AM

8 months ago?

Hmmm..... bit different for re-acting to what to do.

I suggest you double check with the manufacturer about the issue. Yes, it might be a user issue BUT sometimes batches of batteries have problems. See what they offer..... hint at wanting them to step up & replace under warranty ;)

rsot 05-19-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameis (Post 554128)
The item was new, he is stating the battery drains too quickly. Sorry just looked at the sell date, it was actually October 2013, so 8 months ago.

Definitely do the legwork for the customer and see warranty with manufacturer since it's a new item but...8 months ago hmmm

keepongoing 05-19-2014 09:51 AM

the paypal or ebay time frame doesnt matter.

how I know this is, someone can call pp or ebay personally and start a case wayyyyy after a item sells! had a 1000 plus case against me wayyy after the timeframe to open a case.

a pp rep can do whatever they want, just a FYI from experience.

bjammin 05-19-2014 08:03 PM

Who knows what the customer will do, but 4 months later is pathetic. I do not think I would do anything. They could have done multiple things to cause that battery to go bad. Just my POV