eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   One question to business people here (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/73869-one-question-business-people-here.html)

seraphita 05-26-2014 03:39 PM

One question to business people here

Hello,

I have one important question, i hope you can help me out:

People who bought an ebay and paypal account (or probably more), are those people focusing to sell just their old clothes, Hats, Chocolate or Drills? For me, who had a business account on ebay and paypal, who knows how to sell 50-100 items per day, know that ebay and paypal are going to ask me about business documents. But as i know, every seller on this forum sells only personal accounts. So how do you manage everything? With 10 Accounts? But a time will come where you have to verifiy your business, because you sell too many items. Do you give up your account at this point? If you think its too private, you can also send me a private message, i appreciate any response.

Bunneh 05-26-2014 04:03 PM

Re: One question to business people here

You will reach a point when you can no longer sell as a individual on an ebay account if you sell to much.
So you would need to upgrade it to a business ebay account.

seraphita 05-27-2014 08:07 AM

Hey bunneh,

Thanks for your answer. We had already a long conversation together, thanks that you take so much time for people who has some problems.

Well, i know that i'll reach that point someday. My question is to people from UK, but also from other EU countries, how did you get on? have you registered a company with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity? I guess it isnt' just done by clicking on "upgrade to busineses account" on ebay, and they will never ask about required documents. :)
It helps me if i get some tips from other people how they managed the business thing on ebay/paypal successfully.

Thanks.

Ebayorbust 05-27-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

I guess it isnt' just done by clicking on "upgrade to busineses account" on ebay, and they will never ask about required documents.

That's pretty much exactly how it is done.

Having a business ebay account does not automatically mean you have to be a PLC / LTD company.

Sole traders provide the same documentation as personal customers.

Don't exceed the VAT threshold in any given year and you will never be asked to provide VAT info. If you are going to sell more than that, operate more than one account.

seraphita 05-27-2014 09:05 AM

But its impossible to build an image if i have to change the accounts as soon i have reached the vat treshold.
how high is it btw in UK?

Karakolio 05-27-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seraphita (Post 556005)
But its impossible to build an image if i have to change the accounts as soon i have reached the vat treshold.

Currently, it's £81,000.

Ebayorbust 05-27-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seraphita (Post 556005)

I was just offering one potential solution.

Callidus 05-27-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 556074)
I was just offering one potential solution.

The best solution! ;)

corleone 05-27-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seraphita (Post 555848)
Hello,

I have one important question, i hope you can help me out:

People who bought an ebay and paypal account (or probably more), are those people focusing to sell just their old clothes, Hats, Chocolate or Drills? For me, who had a business account on ebay and paypal, who knows how to sell 50-100 items per day, know that ebay and paypal are going to ask me about business documents. But as i know, every seller on this forum sells only personal accounts. So how do you manage everything? With 10 Accounts? But a time will come where you have to verifiy your business, because you sell too many items. Do you give up your account at this point? If you think its too private, you can also send me a private message, i appreciate any response.

You've kind of lost touch with the most important part of having successful stealth accounts.

You don't ever push the limits to those heights, just open more accounts.

Sandy D 05-28-2014 12:43 AM

Spread sales over as many accounts as you can handle correctly.

Dmshark25 05-28-2014 01:45 AM

I think someone who is used to operating only one or two accounts looks at having multiple accounts and gets overwhelmed right away

This is something you need to build over time,, no overnight solution, as you grow u will learn how to operate more and more accounts efficiently and with ease, but yes going from one to 100 accounts overnight is not ideal

Erik_ 05-28-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 556168)
I think someone who is used to operating only one or two accounts looks at having multiple accounts and gets overwhelmed right away

This is something you need to build over time,, no overnight solution, as you grow u will learn how to operate more and more accounts efficiently and with ease, but yes going from one to 100 accounts overnight is not ideal

I agree with this, but people also need to be open minded and have a long-term plan.

For me (someone extremely new to stealth, and also previously sold similar amount to the OP) the only thing overwhelming or scary is the fact that if I do not plan my sales for the 6 or 12 months in future. I may not have enough accounts/selling limits to take orders.

Dmshark25 05-28-2014 12:14 PM

That's why have at least one paypal that you setup with a business and get an EIN, that way you can go over the 200/20,000 limit, and just keep making more paypal stealth accounts in the meantime.

Eventually you will adjust and know how many paypal accounts will be ideal to have

Just seen your flag , my answer applies to the US, sorry

rsot 05-28-2014 12:26 PM

One advantage of spreading sales out over many accounts is that you wont hit limits so quickly...keeping low under the radar

seraphita 05-28-2014 10:01 PM

Hi,

Well i decided to fight against ebay with my lawyer. I'll let you know asap about the results.

Sandy D 05-28-2014 11:36 PM

I have 100s of sellers accounts I rotate year around and do not get the tax request other then on my real accounts.

Spreading sales takes a lot of work and effort but after a while you will see it pay off for you.

seraphita 05-29-2014 05:03 AM

To be honest, i dont want to use 10-15 Accounts. I think this is very tedious.
I have also an unique business idea , something which distinguishes me from the competition. It would not be special anymore if i use this idea with 10 accounts, because i want that people associate those features with my brand.

Erik_ 05-29-2014 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seraphita (Post 556408)
To be honest, i dont want to use 10-15 Accounts. I think this is very tedious.

If that's how you feel, have you considered operating your own website? I bought aspkin's Six Figure Boss today, and so far it's a great read.

Just another possible option for you.