eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Hello! I have purchased the book and Have ?'s (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/7410-hello-i-have-purchased-book-have-s.html)

cam 10-02-2008 11:41 PM

Hello! I have purchased the book and Have ?'s

Okay, I had an ebay account limited due to DSR/Seller performance policies. It was told I could still buy but not sell for 30 days. Also that it was only related to this account and not my other very new (less than 30 days) account. So I started selling on that account and started selling. I signed up for a new paypal account for it (which I guess is a no no) because I had a business account already and I cannot have premier account also. So I downgraded it to a personal account and changed all my listings to my business paypal account. Now my paypal account is limited on both the personal and business account. And I got NARU'd on the new account. I have waited the 30 days, emailed, no response, etc...

I bought the book to help me open an new ebay and paypal account. I think the book is wonderful and has really helped me understand this process better.

I have registered a new ebay account using name variation (ex. Sarah Green I used S. Green).
Used grandma's valid address which is just around the block.
New phone # through vumber (different area code then where I live but within 50 miles??).
Removed and ebay hardware.
Created new window user, cleared cookies.
Opened paypal account with same name variation and address, phone #.
Got new bank account waiting for trial deposit.
Got a new google email address.
I use FireFox.
I have DSL modem and I understand how to change the IP address by unplugging it.
Also got a simon gift account with recipient's name same as ebay/paypal. Waiting for email delivery on this (tomorrow).

My Questions after reading the book and searching the posts on this site.

1. I really only care to have one ebay account and one paypal account. I do not sell anything that is high risk mostly will start out with used stuff around the house. Later get into more expensive stuff but nothing that will be pulled for vero/trademarks....

Do I have to change my IP address everytime I log into ebay or paypal if I only have ONE ebay and paypal account?

2. It does not really cover in the book and I am confused at the variation of answers....When an ebay member asks a question do I respond to them through ebay messages or through my gmail account (showing text only)?

3. Photos are taken and then saved on my hard drive will it link me that way? Or if I use like Auctiva will it have there information?

Thank you and I would really appreciate some input!

philly387 10-02-2008 11:48 PM

If you are using only one ebay/pp account then you do not need to change your IP addy every time you login. For photos, just move them into a different folder and then upload them. Showing they are in a differnet location might help.

cam 10-02-2008 11:51 PM

Thanks! As far as uploading the photos they go onto my kodak easyshare, what would I do to move them to a new location. Sorry if that is a stupid question.

cam 10-02-2008 11:57 PM

Also

Also since mention above I do not need to change my IP address everytime is it okay to check my old email that was related to the suspended account. It is my personal email account for family and friends.

aspkin 10-03-2008 12:00 AM

Photo location isn't a problem, just upload the pictures to eBay as usual. Have eBay host them.

About your email address, you should be fine, but don't mess with eBay emails or click on their outbound links. You should probably forward all eBay emails from that address to your spam folder.

philly387 10-03-2008 12:00 AM

yeah you can check that. I suggest deleting the emails from pp/ebay and not looking at them though. Not sure if it matters but...it cant hurt. You can move files by opening my computer and copying them into a new folder.

cam 10-03-2008 12:14 AM

Steps

As far as the steps I have taken am I on the right path? Also when it comes to paypal and eventually linking the ebay and paypal accounts together to receive payments will they ask for ss#. As I cannot give it because it is already connected to my limited paypal account.

Also I have a laptop and PC. Is it okay to use both to access ebay/paypal.

I still did not get an answer regarding how to respond to questions from ebay members.

Thanks for the help!

Quasi_Mojo 10-03-2008 12:23 AM

Welcome to the forum, cam!

As to the IP change, you just need to change it the first time. Double check to make sure it has changed, though. You might want to consider a separate Windows (or Mac) User Account, that you use specifically for eBay/PP. That way, you can keep your everyday surfing separate from your eBay business.

Something else you might want to consider, in regards to your photos, is to use a free photo hosting site like imageshack or photobucket. That way, using HTML, you can have as many free pictures in your listings as you want.

You can respond either way, through g-mail or eBay's messaging.

You might also want to consider setting up a second account and get it up to speed, just in case eBay does happen to shut you down. This way, there will be less downtime for you.

cam 10-03-2008 12:38 AM

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for responding you have been most helpful. I am sure I will have more questions as I go through the process. Good point about creating another account for possible downtime.

cam 10-03-2008 07:36 PM

Okay another question

Okay so I created my ebay and paypal accounts with the same name variation and address, phone #, email, etc... I added my simon card to ebay and everything was good. I also did the phone verification with vumber and so far so good. On the paypal side I verified my new bank acct. trial deposits and added the simon card(same one I used for the new ebay acct). I then confirmed it with the code. It was all good and my limits were lifted.

I want to sell on ebay now and use paypal to receive payments. Is it now okay to link my new ebay acct. and new paypal acct. to start accepting payments for auctions?

philly387 10-04-2008 02:48 AM

You can go ahead and start selling. Just take it very easy for a while. And while you are taking it easy, I would suggest to start making another ebay/pp account so you have a backup :)