eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Password Reset Issue (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/74100-password-reset-issue.html)

acreech41311 06-02-2014 08:06 PM

Password Reset Issue

I have one aged account, its over 13 years old so I don't want to lose it, it has my legit info but its not an account I use very often, maybe a couple times a year to sell some of my personal stuff but mostly I use my main powerseller account to sell new items.
At any rate I tried to log into it today and it is forcing me to change the password either by an email link or a phone call. Problem is I changed service providers a few months ago and the email attached to that account was from my old provider netzero and has since been cancelled, also my phone number attached to it is my landline number however our area code changed a couple years ago and I never thought to update it on ebay, all the numbers are correct except the area code.
It is giving me the option of calling customer service but it doesn't say anything about them resetting the password, it actually suggests just making a new account.
Has anyone else had to call and have they allowed you to reset your password or update your info?

BigCJ 06-02-2014 08:38 PM

Re: Password Reset Issue

IMHO, Its best to try to call and save the account.

I had the same issue on one of my stealth accounts but it was only a few months old so I left it alone.

Id wait for others to chime in. But it may be your only option.

arkimidisk 06-02-2014 08:50 PM

I had changed password on every stealth account as ebay request. All account will works. I think this case because eBay get hacked by hacker.

eBay can't tell us if Oh..they get hacked information such as your credit card / Bank account/ ect..It will effect to customer.

It might happen to paypal account as well

joew8989 06-02-2014 08:56 PM

I have the same issue, I am going to opt for making a new account. Ive called ebay and they told me they would call back. Its been a week and no call.

acreech41311 06-02-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joew8989 (Post 557458)
I have the same issue, I am going to opt for making a new account. Ive called ebay and they told me they would call back. Its been a week and no call.

That's what I was afraid of, the little message that pops up doesn't say anything about them resetting your account if you call, it seems they are pushing for new accounts instead.

dealagreeproceed 06-02-2014 11:11 PM

HEY acreech call in and they will help you, just make sure you know ALL the info. Had similar issue

plumsake2 06-03-2014 03:36 AM

I also agree on calling - if you're unable to use the account without resetting the password, then you have nothing to lose by calling and have a good chance of getting it back.

I haven't had that exact problem, but I did have a situation where I was forced to call in because the system wouldn't let me list a new item since I was using a new IP on one of my accounts which was dormant for a while. Guess they thought the account may have been hacked. I forgot to update the phone number on my account, which was a big problem since they wanted to send a pin number to the registered number on my account to confirm that I was the account owner.

Long story short, I got it fixed in 3 calls. The first 2 reps weren't helpful (wanted to send a pin number to my inactive number), but the 3rd rep just asked basic information from the account (make sure you know yours inside and out) and I was good to go from there.

rsot 06-03-2014 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 557510)
I

Long story short, I got it fixed in 3 calls. The first 2 reps weren't helpful (wanted to send a pin number to my inactive number), but the 3rd rep just asked basic information from the account (make sure you know yours inside and out) and I was good to go from there.

Nice followup - I am going to do this for one account today

acreech41311 06-03-2014 09:05 AM

I'll give them a call I have nothing to lose either way since I can't use the account if I don't get the password reset.

Optimistic411 08-04-2014 07:10 PM

Im kinda in a similar situation as well. Used a stealth account, built up sales, left it alone for about 3 month, and now its asking me to reset my pw. In addition, gmail diabled my stealth account gmail and the phone # is of course invalid.

My question is, can I at least use the paypal account and link it to another new stealth account? The bank account linked is a waste

pokerpro 08-04-2014 11:58 PM

I had the same thing happen..called and it was handled in 5 minutes...and it was a stealth account, and no, that paypal account will link you to whatever you attach it too forever., if you lose that account, it's a dead player....call in and get it handled.

MM78 08-05-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimistic411 (Post 574433)
My question is, can I at least use the paypal account and link it to another new stealth account? The bank account linked is a waste

No....Can't link Paypal to another Ebay....

rsot 08-05-2014 02:17 AM

That pp can be used for other things but not for eB

GreenBean 08-05-2014 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimistic411 (Post 574433)
Im kinda in a similar situation as well. Used a stealth account, built up sales, left it alone for about 3 month, and now its asking me to reset my pw. In addition, gmail diabled my stealth account gmail and the phone # is of course invalid.

Not on ebay.

You can use it for off ebay transactions.

Are you speaking to gmail about getting that gmail restored?

:argue: