Selling restricted - anything that can be done? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-17-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Selling restricted - anything that can be done?

So i screwed up on ebay once and got some bad feedbacks.
I was busy at the time so i decided to take a break from selling at this time. Coming back to it, and seeing the poor state of my account I thought id just start a new account.
I Started a new account, and quickly reached the 100 items selling limit.
I called them, and they informed me im not eligible for an increase due to the bad performance of my original account.
She suggested I continue to sell on both accounts - 100 on this one and 15 on the old, to improve the standard.

What Id like to know is is there a quick way I can do this? Like list 15 auctions for 1c free postage, buy them all myself on a different account and give good feedback that way.?

Im hesitant to go the stealth route because I dont want to spend that much time on this, ive spent enough of my summer on ebay so far id like to not spend the next month studying how to do stealth as well as studying for my failed collage exams..

If I could, I would like to just do as they say, maybe open another account or two, as 300 items/month would be fine for me as long as i can keep the original account above the water.

P.s. I really think ebay should have a disclaimer somewhere that tells you you cannot **** up even once. **** up once and you are dead. Then i might have sent those damn envelopes on time
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-17-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Selling restricted - anything that can be done?

Oh lord...

1. There's no such thing as "quick" on eBay anymore.
2. You need to sit back and get it to your head that if you want to be serious about it, a lot of planning is in order.

3. The stealth guide is important in this situation, there are detailed steps you need to take and it's certainly not fast for a while at least until you get the hang of it.

But again, it's your choice. You can go ahead and do what they say... then let us know how you progressed.
Old 06-17-2014

Longevity: 58%

be VERY careful with the bad account. Since it is linked you can probably fix it. Once you do you may want to abandon it. Make sure the first account corrects itself over the 3/12 month window. Ebay is unforgiving if future problems arise. They won't go into a linked account if things are corrected on the old such as NARU or limited to zero.

I also would not buy from another account with another. Your account will easily be flagged and you will get perma-banned. You didn't learn to stealth in the first place or these 2 accounts would not be linked. The sooner you read up on stealth the better you will be. It will take you a long time to get to 300 items with this messed up account and one linked to it. Ebay is NOT that forgiving.
Old 06-17-2014
Threadstarter  

My new one has 100/month. 100x3=300.
I can keep this so long as they dont restrict/ban me on the 20 August :(

And no, i did not stealth. I actually specified that i dont want to go that route if i dont have to if you read my post..

" They won't go into a linked account if things are corrected on the old such as NARU or limited to zero. " Not sure what this sentance means.

"I also would not buy from another account with another. Your account will easily be flagged and you will get perma-banned."
/unfortunately.. i have kind of been doing this the whole time ive been on ebay, so 3years, using another account to sorta 'set a reserve' on an auction. Its resulted in alot of ugly looking close cases to the same buyer, but so far, even after calling them they have not mentioned it. So maybe its okay and they dont care or just havent looked at my account that much, or maybe its just because im too much of a small fish to fry
Old 06-17-2014

Longevity: 59%

When it comes to shill bidding, there is no such thing as "too small of a fish to fry"....you are on borrowed time if you continues doing this...been there, done that 12 years ago....
Old 06-17-2014
Threadstarter  

I wonder how they never mentioned it before then?

So what im hearing is at some point I will be banned and then I will have no chance but to go stealth?

Ack. I wish I new the everlasting effects of this before I decided to try ebay seriously. :/ Why dont they believe in second chances.. I was young..
Old 06-17-2014
Threadstarter  

And well, ill stop the shill, but im guessing it wont matter.
Old 06-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Lol, that sounds like digging your own grave with a bulldozer instead of a shovel. You may have outsmarted them somehow with the shrill bidding, but all they gotta do is catch you once. Then it is GAME OVER