I'm Just too @*%$^! Trusting - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-23-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default I'm Just too @*%$^! Trusting

Like it says just to dang nice at times, WHat happened was had a case opened and all it was just something minor with it. So we where having good communication and it was agreed he would return item for full refund plus shipping as long as he sent it back and covered the return shipping.

Well stupid me feeling nice that day must of been all the beers from watching the world cup!!(Go Portugal!!!)

Well long story short i gave him his refund BEFORE he gave my tracking!!! I know I know, well anyways now he wont return my emails no contact at all.

SO if i call ebay would that help me or would they start looking into this account?

It is a 199.99 dollar item!!! Whats my best option to fix this or is it worth risking the account to do anything at all.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%
Default re: I'm Just too @*%$^! Trusting

Sorry but there's nothing ebay or Paypal can do for you. You'll have to write it as a loss and learn your lesson from it. The most you can do is to negotiate with the buyer nicely about it; not all buyers are dishonest who tries to rip off sellers whenever they can.
Old 06-23-2014
Threadstarter  

Yeah I'm hoping that he just has not had the time to give me tracking info or something like that. ANd figured it wasn't worth messing up the account getting paypal or ebay involved plus seems like all they do now is side on the buyers side no matter what. Will give him a few more days

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-23-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: BAH
Old 06-23-2014

Longevity: 59%

I have done that twice and been in the same position as you. BOTH times, what worked for me, was getting their info off of ebay and phoning them. Both times, all I had to do was leave a nice phone message and, wham, I got my item or money back....give it a try, worked well for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
gosunsplease (06-23-2014)
Old 06-23-2014

Longevity: 90%

Don't listen to Binary ...

Threaten him with mail fraud, lawsuit and provide sufficient evidence to show him that you are serious and you will see him squeal like a pig. He will return your product immediately. Yuo need to be assertive and professional! I am dealing with a lot of scumbags like this every month. You never let any buyer walk all over you, NEVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosunsplease View Post
Yeah I'm hoping that he just has not had the time to give me tracking info or something like that. ANd figured it wasn't worth messing up the account getting paypal or ebay involved plus seems like all they do now is side on the buyers side no matter what. Will give him a few more days before i try and Link his dang account!! LOL Just kidding Greenie
brownsauce215 (06-26-2014), r00tk3y (06-25-2014)
Old 06-23-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

OP: Wait for the buyer to upload tracking. Pull up his contact info and if you don't see anything, call him.

Just be nice and give them the benefit of the doubt for the first time. If everything else fails, then do what stanis said. You can only try.

Another option is perhaps small claims court.
Old 06-23-2014
Threadstarter  

stanislav & SaiJin You both have very good thoughts and i actually agree with both of you. You see i have actually done Federal Time, Yes Prison, and one of the first things i learned was that ppl will take your "Kindness for Weakness". So with that i feel the same way stanislav does and almost went that route but with doing time i have learned to be more forgiving and understand with ppl(Except Snitches) and I'm going the route of what you say SaiJin yes i will give him some more time and wait to see what happens but then again if that does not work i do have all his info as he did pay so that will work to my advantage. But hopefully he sends the package back.

ANd you know what the funny thing about this is i really dont care about getting it back life is good. It is just that i took his word that he would be sending it back. And one thing i learned being locked up is that it don't matter who you are or what you have if you aint good on your word you aint ****!
Old 06-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
Don't listen to Binary ...

Threaten him with mail fraud, lawsuit and provide sufficient evidence to show him that you are serious and you will see him squeal like a pig. He will return your product immediately. Yuo need to be assertive and professional! I am dealing with a lot of scumbags like this every month. You never let any buyer walk all over you, NEVER.
ONLY threaten with involvment with law enforcements if they're being uncooporative with you AFTER you've kindly ask them to return the item/money to you.
Otherwise you can kiss that account good bye if you decided to be hostile towards the buyer right off the bat over a mistake that you've made yourself, if the buyer decided to report you to ebay.

Last edited by BiN4RY; 06-23-2014 at 08:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
stanislav (06-24-2014)
Old 06-23-2014
Threadstarter  

Yeah that's why just chilling waiting cause really don't want to lose the account cause getting my increases pretty fast on this account(listing for about 2 months only on it) But if being the nice guy don't work of course i will have to do something you know. But will just wait and see for the time being.

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-23-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You apply the concepts spoken about in the Godfather.....

You let the buyer know of your determination to re-acquire your item and how you will work with him in any way to obtain that goal.

Being a reasonable person, he will understand your pov

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
gosunsplease (06-23-2014)
Old 06-24-2014

Longevity: 90%
Default Re: I'm Just too @*%$^! Trusting

To be hostile in most cases is the only way to ward off this scumbags ... Sometimes you will still get negative but that's all there is to it. If eBay doesn't want to teach buyers they how to properly interact with sellers then I will do it for eBay, as I have done so for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
ONLY threaten with involvment with law enforcements if they're being uncooporative with you AFTER you've kindly ask them to return the item/money to you.
Otherwise you can kiss that account good bye if you decided to be hostile towards the buyer right off the bat over a mistake that you've made yourself, if the buyer decided to report you to ebay.
Old 06-24-2014

Longevity: 64%

Personally I don't threaten people with hollow threats. Anybody with half a brain knows USPS & the FED would not dedicate the resources to investigate such a petty amount. (not to you though)
I have been through this way too many times to even consider refund without tracking showing received by USPS.
Wish you luck.
Old 06-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Talk it out with the buyer - use the options provided by the posters here.

eB and PP won't help you so that's a waste of time.

(As for your beers and comments on Portugal - that's another matter )
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
gosunsplease (06-24-2014)
Old 06-24-2014
Banned

Longevity: 58%

It always pays to be kind first and then ramp up the rhetoric. You never know maybe the guy takes a while to get his packages out. But in the end it probably is not worth the stress, I always want to move on with my life and try not to let the negative stuff drag me down. And by the way what is soccer and who is Portugal?
Old 06-25-2014

Longevity: 73%

I deal with asshole buyers everyday, if it was a stealth account though Id go all out on them. Tell them you will contact their local police department put down the address and phone number, tell them you have proof, show them pictures of the transaction refund, tell them they have 72 hrs to contact you or you will be filing a fraud complaint also with paypal and their pd, and let them know mail fraud is a serious offense and put down the usps # lol

#GOTEAMUSA
Old 06-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

A refund was done in haste...it is actually seller error

Last edited by rsot; 06-25-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
In this case, the buyer is not the a$$hole...a refund was done in haste...it is actually seller error
that's only your slant.

Re-read the thread.

OP states he and buyer agreed to resolution of matter.

Yes, he made an error by doing the refund prematurely. But the issue is compounded now because the buyer has made no contact.

Looking like an AH of a buyer from my side....

What do you think after re-reading the posts.

Old 06-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

True - didnt realize the lack of contact by the buyer...it is sh*tty of the buyer indeed - won't vouch for that
Old 06-25-2014
Threadstarter  

Hey all, so i actually decided to call the guy instead of an email. He sounded pretty surprised that i was calling him in fact i was very polite and stated i was really concerned on this matter on HIS part, gave him the line about contacting Ebay/Paypal AND if need be the USPS about mail fraud LOL well after he quit stuttering he was all apologetic and even admitted that he made a mistake by trying to keep the item also so long story short he is sending my item back BY express LOL maybe i got that done when after are conversation i told him "Oh by the way i also recorded this conversation". So lets see what happens. Thanks All
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gosunsplease For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-26-2014), stanislav (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

See this is why Beers and Stealth don't mix! lol
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
gosunsplease (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosunsplease View Post
Hey all, so i actually decided to call the guy instead of an email. He sounded pretty surprised that i was calling him in fact i was very polite and stated i was really concerned on this matter on HIS part, gave him the line about contacting Ebay/Paypal AND if need be the USPS about mail fraud LOL well after he quit stuttering he was all apologetic and even admitted that he made a mistake by trying to keep the item also so long story short he is sending my item back BY express LOL maybe i got that done when after are conversation i told him "Oh by the way i also recorded this conversation". So lets see what happens. Thanks All
Hope it works out gosuns
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
gosunsplease (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014

Longevity: 59%

Good job....call has worked for me....but I never actually got to talk to them, I just left a message and that worked....I'm SURE that guy was surprised to hear from you....they don't seem to realize that can happen, until it does! lol.