eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   I received a ebay coupon today in the mail today (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/74696-i-received-ebay-coupon-today-mail-today.html)

jojo2012 06-24-2014 04:08 PM

I received a ebay coupon today in the mail today

I received a ebay coupon today in the mail today. It is like a post card. It Has a specific Coupon code for each card so they clearly gave every account a specific coupon code. It thanks me for being a valued Customer & apologizes for any interruptions I may have experienced due to the password thing.

My concern is that I was set up NOT to receive mailings for this account but I received this any way. My real concern is now all my accounts may be getting one of these. This means if this where to be delivered to any persons house, They don't have an eBay account (or so they think), they call the very large TOLL FREE # Clearly displayed on this Post Card, & eBay directs them to an account they had no prior knowledge of.... Any one here realize what this could mean????:shocked:

danshan 06-24-2014 04:45 PM

Re: I received a ebay coupon today in the mail today

I would never worry about that, they call in with the code and its not linked to their acct ebay will never figure that out imo

jojo2012 06-24-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 562002)
I would never worry about that, they call in with the code and its not linked to their acct ebay will never figure that out imo

I hope you're right. People are paranoid about ID & breaches. I would have investigated this if I didn't have an eBay account.:s

Dmshark25 06-24-2014 07:49 PM

Hopefully most people will just look at it as junk mail, just an advertisement and throw it away

I could see some problems if the owner of the house called in and really started digging deep, the reps are not allowed to just give out information over the phone but they are not all the brightest, so u never know

BiN4RY 06-25-2014 03:08 AM

how much was the coupon worth anyways?

rsot 06-25-2014 04:35 AM

It's just a coupon - promotion-style - dont get worried about it.

MOST people don't call in about junk mail - it's rare concern...waste of time

jojo2012 06-25-2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 562111)
how much was the coupon worth anyways?

$15.00 fifteen American dollars.

jojo2012 06-25-2014 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r00tk3y (Post 562109)
This is why you use a couple digits off a house address.

Yes I understand that concept but I have had much more luck w/ real names & addresses. Random ones usually get shut down after some time.:s

jojo2012 06-25-2014 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 562064)
Hopefully most people will just look at it as junk mail, just an advertisement and throw it away

I could see some problems if the owner of the house called in and really started digging deep, the reps are not allowed to just give out information over the phone but they are not all the brightest, so u never know

Yes famous words "you never know". I hope my worries are UN warranted,. with things like lifelock out there. I am starting to believe that identity protection is bigger business than identity theft. I know the stealth guide says there is nothing "wrong" about doing this to ebay but I'm not a lawyer & I am becoming more & more concerned That this may be....you know.... trouble, big time.

Dmshark25 06-25-2014 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo2012 (Post 562142)
Yes famous words "you never know". I hope my worries are UN warranted,. with things like lifelock out there. I am starting to believe that identity protection is bigger business than identity theft. I know the stealth guide says there is nothing "wrong" about doing this to ebay but I'm not a lawyer & I am becoming more & more concerned That this may be....you know.... trouble, big time.

You need to change your information to an address that u have access to ultimately, avoiding this type of problems or worries

Wait a month and than change the address to your own

GreenBean 06-25-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 562146)
You need to change your information to an address that u have access to ultimately, avoiding this type of problems or worries

Wait a month and than change the address to your own

Change to his own maybe suspended address????

:faint:

danshan 06-25-2014 06:59 AM

I only have one way of success with addresses and it took me unfortunately forever to figure it out. Use a valid address and than do an online address forward on one of the sites that does not require a credit card because vcc or gift cards do not work to verify an address forward. This method has worked flawlessly for me. Just my cent and a half

jojo2012 06-25-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 562152)
I only have one way of success with addresses and it took me unfortunately forever to figure it out. Use a valid address and than do an online address forward on one of the sites that does not require a credit card because vcc or gift cards do not work to verify an address forward. This method has worked flawlessly for me. Just my cent and a half

I hear what you are saying but I would never do that ta a real persons address, see where that crosses a line?

jojo2012 06-25-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 562150)

I wish I could afford all those diffrent PO boxes I have at least 100 accounts now.:noidea:

danshan 06-25-2014 07:21 AM

I think you must have a valid address or acct is hit and I always try and use vacant or for sale homes and it
Does not affect the actual people because the address change is name specific not the whole address forwarded

Dmshark25 06-25-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 562150)

Obviously your own address that you haven't used on eBay like a PO BOX that you are renting

Dmshark25 06-25-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo2012 (Post 562157)
I wish I could afford all those diffrent PO boxes I have at least 100 accounts now.:noidea:

There are other ways to go about this to alleviate your original concerns.

Just know after a month it's usually ok to change the address , so that's a hint that you can think about in reference to ur concerns with LifeLock and along those lines