eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   ebay link accounts by items you sell (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/75081-ebay-link-accounts-items-you-sell.html)

saram70 07-07-2014 10:58 AM

ebay link accounts by items you sell

hi there, I'm just wondering if ebay could link my accounts by the items i sell? so if i was selling on account that got suspended, and listed the same items on my stealth account, could ebay link the 2 accounts by just the items I'm selling alone?

thanks for any help in advance

Sandy D 07-08-2014 12:44 AM

Re: ebay link accounts by items you sell

Yes.

Switch things up, new pictures, add some different items because competitors also will see you.

GreenBean 07-08-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saram70 (Post 564895)
hi there, I'm just wondering if ebay could link my accounts by the items i sell? so if i was selling on account that got suspended, and listed the same items on my stealth account, could ebay link the 2 accounts by just the items I'm selling alone?

thanks for any help in advance

Very often yes.

ebay UK does a lot more manual reviews as well as Bots picking up similarities.

Make sure everything you do is a new you including photos of your listings.

Use different layouts and make sure to use exif or similar to clear data.

PeHe oT PecToPaHTa 07-08-2014 01:46 AM

Generally:

• Stock images and/or PSed ones with a little change in the size or 1x1px dot somewhere if you plan to use the same photos;
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeHe oT PecToPaHTa (Post 564933)
Why people don't use multiple img hosting / separate ones for each stealth acc? All should be fine. Very popular ones are:

• Different keywords and "playing" with the words both into the description and the title;
• Different pricing;
• Different general layout/template.

Should works.

rsot 07-08-2014 05:50 AM

Welcome to the forums OP - you must vary your listings including text and pictures to remain linkfree (part of the stealth method - learn about it)

fox20c 07-08-2014 07:26 AM

Another little tip is you can add "dummy" items (items you never truly intend to sell or don't care if they do) to throw off the bots.

Smus 07-08-2014 07:36 AM

Don't forget to wipe the photos metadata

Brainbuster 07-11-2014 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 565146)
Another little tip is you can add "dummy" items (items you never truly intend to sell or don't care if they do) to throw off the bots.

I've read in the forums to sell 2 to 5 items which you've never sold before on suspended accts... for every 1 item which you've sold before on your suspended account.

For these "dummy" items, can we just price them high so they won't sell often (and when they do sell, we'll make a definite profit).
By doing that, most of your "Active Selling" items will be red herrings, there to bewilder the hunter.

But in the "Sold," it will show the same items you sold from your suspended account.

So, are they looking at active listings, or sold items?

ovidiu 07-11-2014 02:40 AM

eBay doesn't have armies of people manually combing listings. They have bots that look for similarities and send an alert to an actual human (sic) being when something suspicious is found. There isn't a rhyme or reason to it. There are some basic rules, but once a manual review is undertaken, you could be suspended for as little as the eBay employee being in a bad mood at that moment. eBay will just send you some generic message such as threat to eBay's wellbeing or what not and you are done. Best thing to do is to NEVER go under that manual review.

vogeltron 07-11-2014 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 565059)
Yes.

Switch things up, new pictures, add some different items because competitors also will see you.

Very much agreed. Definitely use different photos and backgrounds. Also try to make the descriptions different. Font's, wording, verbiage. Definitely make sure the titles are somewhat different.

I personally insert photos into the body of my listing so I like to use different image hosting sites for different accounts as well. Sometimes using a Auctiva or Inkfrog or some listing service like that can also help.

I never try to reinvent the wheel, but I like to make sure each account looks like it run by a completely different person.

Christianm 07-23-2014 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 565970)
eBay doesn't have armies of people manually combing listings. They have bots that look for similarities and send an alert to an actual human (sic) being when something suspicious is found. There isn't a rhyme or reason to it. There are some basic rules, but once a manual review is undertaken, you could be suspended for as little as the eBay employee being in a bad mood at that moment. eBay will just send you some generic message such as threat to eBay's wellbeing or what not and you are done. Best thing to do is to NEVER go under that manual review.

How is this actually known and i mean not buy trial and error i mean is this confirmed, surely someone has worked there from here or knows someone.

rsot 07-23-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 565146)

As long as you can fulfill the orders if they do sell...and they just might :d

skinnyhardaway 07-23-2014 01:04 PM

Post some decoy items like the week before you post the items you really want

testou2 07-23-2014 03:36 PM

you must change pictures and discription and a little in titles
i did it without problems

Christianm 07-24-2014 02:05 AM

so you've been linked by copy pasting previous? is this theory or its proven?

MM78 07-24-2014 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christianm (Post 570072)
so you've been linked by copy pasting previous? is this theory or its proven?

Seriously, you need to settle down, your like paranoid city. IF you use the same exactly same listing info for the same product across multiple accounts...YOU MANY OR MAY NOT be linked...BUT....why take that chance, right?

So, in order NOT to take a gamble, it's best to change it up...That way your not in your closet wearing a tinfoil hat rocking back and forth wondering "IF" your going to get linked or when....

STOP BEING THIS GUY
http://www.coachingbysubjectexperts....n-foil-hat.jpg

Christianm 07-24-2014 03:17 AM

Its too late.....

skinnyhardaway 07-24-2014 06:39 AM

It really isn't too late just try to correct it for future listings

Christianm 07-24-2014 10:39 AM

was responding to the photo, but yes will obviously change it up now in future a bit more.

SaiJin 07-24-2014 11:05 AM

Christian, have you read the stealth guide yet? This is actually covered in the book very clearly.

Obviously you are serious about this business and you want to do thing the correct way.
But doing everything in the correct order is also important and I can't stress enough for you to re-study the guide.

In a nutshell, everything has to be different and what I meant is say you were to use the same photo, make sure the dimensions are different for example.

Change the layout of description and wording.

Christianm 07-24-2014 12:00 PM

Taken on board cheers