eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   My experiment getting around the uptights at UPS Store and stealth accounts/names (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/75184-my-experiment-getting-around-uptights-ups-store-stealth-accounts-names.html)

ovidiu 07-10-2014 04:28 PM

My experiment getting around the uptights at UPS Store and stealth accounts/names

So I am doing a new eBay account with a purchased seller acct from Sandy (thanks Sandy!).

I like having legit details as far as I can since that it is my preference to go long haul with an account and not burn and run. So that means a real address I can access, IE UPS store. This especially applies for long term accounts that you will make purchases on, and want to nurture for the long run.

Of course, UPS Store used to be really easy when I first used them about 8 years ago. Just sign up with real name and ask if you can add more names, no problem.

Now they are all uptight and nasty about it, ESPECIALLY if there is some old white person managing it (no offense to anyone, I am white myself). Asian run stores are much easier.

I have been thinking that considering how Paypal and eBay let you format addresses willy nilly, just use your business LLC name without any mention of the stealth name on there. Tell them you will be receiving mail occasionally in a few business names.

I just did this and will be updating my results as they come in. I don't see a problem in theory and we'll find out in practice. Obviously this will only work for one eBay acct with a LLC Paypal linked to it, but you could throw together a Amazon and eBay account on the same box. I plan to have one etsy and one eBay account at this address.

unkown5454 07-10-2014 04:41 PM

Re: My experiment getting around the uptights at UPS Store and stealth accounts/names

UPS stores do this no problem. Not news really...

I can add any business I want.

ovidiu 07-10-2014 04:42 PM

Re: My experiment getting around the uptights at UPS Store and stealth accounts/names

Just saying that many of us have been trying to add ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names instead of business names, and depending on store goodwill to ignore this. Also, today I noticed forms with a federal look to them (USPS stuff I guess).

unkown5454 07-10-2014 09:18 PM

Yea, they don't play with phake personal names. But, they have never had an issue with a business name.

exxomscp 07-10-2014 09:22 PM

In my experience, as long as the business name is displayed on the package with it (as required under the box), it should be fine.. Even if you have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

For example:
John Doe
MyBusinessName LLC
00000 Street Rd.
Suite 000
City, State 00000

OR

Returns Department
MyBusinessName LLC
00000 Street Rd.
Suite 000
City, State 00000

Has worked fine for me so far with my UPS box. They've only complained when the business name was not attached..
I've had the box for ages, regular customer. Most of my mail is delivered properly and signed for by the authorized agent, but I've only had trouble receiving registered mail packages.
I was also able to add my other business name to the same box without any issues or documentation later on, just added it on the form.

unkown5454 07-11-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA (Post 565905)
In my experience, as long as the business address is displayed on the package with it (as required under the box), it should be fine.. Even if you have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

For example:
John Doe
MyBusinessName LLC
00000 Street Rd.
Suite 000
City, State 00000

Good deal. Haven't thought of that.

aspkin 07-11-2014 01:29 AM

The only problem with that is they want you to upgrade to a large box (at least in my experience) when accepting business returns. *those punks..

Sandy D 07-11-2014 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 565959)
The only problem with that is they want you to upgrade to a large box (at least in my experience) when accepting business returns. *those punks..

This is why I like using the mom and pop smaller stores.

They allow you t use their street, give you a suite number, dont hassle you for the most expensive box etc.

Thanks OP for your business.

If I can help you in any way please let me know.

ovidiu 07-11-2014 02:43 AM

Washington is pretty strict about registering everything and having everything in order. So I like having as much legit info as possible. Even doing business under an unregistered ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name is technically illegal.

A few months back, a SWAT team (!) was sent to an address where a person was running an unauthorized business (I believe it was a unlicensed bar or such in a Salt Lake City area city). Everyone's goals should be to NOT make waves and be good. The more bad people, the more eBay and the government clamps down, until you will need to fax in ID and SSN just to make purchases on eBay, much less sell.

vogeltron 07-11-2014 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 565971)
Washington is pretty strict about registering everything and having everything in order. So I like having as much legit info as possible. Even doing business under an unregistered ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name is technically illegal.

A few months back, a SWAT team (!) was sent to an address where a person was running an unauthorized business (I believe it was a unlicensed bar or such in a Salt Lake City area city). Everyone's goals should be to NOT make waves and be good. The more bad people, the more eBay and the government clamps down, until you will need to fax in ID and SSN just to make purchases on eBay, much less sell.

What does the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives raiding and illegal bar have to do with eBay?

unkown5454 07-11-2014 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 565976)
What does the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives raiding and illegal bar have to do with eBay?

Exactly my thoughts. Left field there OP. ATF has nothing to do with this. Selling alcohol with no license is way beyond selling random crap on the internet... :juggle:

rsot 07-11-2014 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 565971)

A few months back, a SWAT team (!) was sent to an address where a person was running an unauthorized business (I believe it was a unlicensed bar or such in a Salt Lake City area city).

Thankfully, those are exceptions...caused by fraudulent sellers...that does suck for the true owner of the address...ironic takedown :(

vogeltron 07-11-2014 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 565987)
Exactly my thoughts. Left field there OP. ATF has nothing to do with this. Selling alcohol with no license is way beyond selling random crap on the internet... :juggle:

I don't think the poster understand that Stealth guide came out in like 2008. Many of us have been using this system 5-6 years now. Granted things have changed and we have had to adapt our ways of using stealth accounts.

I guess for most people when they experience something new they assume it is new for everyone else.