eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Quandry # 34: Selling Limits vs. PP SSN request (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/75238-quandry-34-selling-limits-vs-pp-ssn-request.html)

Lost in the Supermarket 07-12-2014 10:16 PM

Quandry # 34: Selling Limits vs. PP SSN request

Hi,

Just combining several thread topics here and found a potential problem.

I will put it in my terms and see if anyone bites...........

I have a few great stealth accounts that are bumping up into a decent level of selling limits. It hit me today that even though I am allowed 90 items / 9K per month.....if I sell too many items I will get the request from PP for my SSN. My SSN is burned from previous restricted accounts.

I like to play it very very safe so I don't plan to get close to the 175 soft number to prompt PP for more info. I am thinking about 120-150 per year. So averaging 10-12 per month, what good does it do me to have an account where I can sell 90 items? This is already set up with my personal bank account (#2), so I dont think an EIN will do me any good on the particular EB account I am thinking about.

Bit of background info....I have 4 other stealth accounts that are growing at a safe pace and have one EIN set up being developed. But for now I am looking at a bunch of accounts that are only good for selling 150+- items per year. (I can easily sell 1500).

Thoughts?

Sandy D 07-12-2014 11:13 PM

Re: Quandry # 34: Selling Limits vs. PP SSN request

Does you a lot of good.

I set a sales record for myself last year by running 100s of my own seller accounts.

I have been selling on ebay since 1995 and last year I sold more then ever before by doing this.

Not one single request from pp for SSN.

More work? yes, pay off? HELL YES IT DID.

Some dont want to do the legwork but they are missing out on tons of good money.

Lost in the Supermarket 07-12-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 566566)
Does you a lot of good.

I set a sales record for myself last year by running 100s of my own seller accounts.

I have been selling on ebay since 1995 and last year I sold more then ever before by doing this.

Some dont want to do the legwork but they are missing out on tons of good money.

So you just have tons and tons of accounts but they never hit the magic number to have PP ask you for a SSN? So hundreds of accounts each selling around 10-12 items per month? Is that your system? Yes, it does sound like a lot of work. Do you do auctions or BIN? Must be tough sending invoices and dealing with slow payments (if you sell by auction).

Do you report non-paying bidders too?

Lost in the Supermarket 07-12-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 566566)
Does you a lot of good.

Sorry, one more question.....how do yo9u manage to change your IP for so many accounts? I only know of a couple of ways including changing the MAC on the router and driving to a hotspot.

MM78 07-12-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket (Post 566568)
Sorry, one more question.....how do yo9u manage to change your IP for so many accounts? I only know of a couple of ways including changing the MAC on the router and driving to a hotspot.

There are Mifi's, Dongles, Dialup, Some Internet Providers are easier to change IP's....It's not really rocket science, just need to find the ones that work for you.

yotano211 07-12-2014 11:55 PM

I primary use phone tether with a large cellphone company. They have tons of IP address. The smaller companies like Cricket or Metro PCS have a much smaller IP address window.

Sandy D 07-13-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket (Post 566567)
So you just have tons and tons of accounts but they never hit the magic number to have PP ask you for a SSN? So hundreds of accounts each selling around 10-12 items per month? Is that your system? Yes, it does sound like a lot of work. Do you do auctions or BIN? Must be tough sending invoices and dealing with slow payments (if you sell by auction).

Do you report non-paying bidders too?

Not this past year.

Lots of work but most of my items once the account is healthy are high dollar antiques.

No, I rotate 20 accounts per month, by the time I get back around the the same account its months later and I can sell 50 or so items 3 months a year on several 100 accounts.

Mostly all auctions. Sunday to Sunday so I dont have to deal with the BIN etc.

I dont work accounts here on Sundays as Sundays is my day to work my own accounts etc.

I have a full time employee who does the pictures, packing etc.

She never sees a computer. Only the labels with the item name on the back on Monday mornings.

Sandy D 07-13-2014 12:12 AM

Read around more.

GB just posted two excel spreadsheets to use to keep track of your ips.

GreenBean 07-13-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket (Post 566568)

At some point, you sit down and decide exactly what you want.

Decide how you are going to achieve that.

Then find the required tools to implement the stealth plan.

You ensure it is as easy and as efficient as you can make it.

You need to work hard to maintain such plans.

You then reap the benefits.

Good Luck.

:clap:

vogeltron 07-13-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 566584)
At some point, you sit down and decide exactly what you want.

Decide how you are going to achieve that.

Then find the required tools to implement the stealth plan.

You ensure it is as easy and as efficient as you can make it.

You need to work hard to maintain such plans.

You then reap the benefits.

Good Luck.

:clap:

Once you know in your mind that it is possible to beat the system. You must learn and learn and learn from the site how to do so.

Like SandyD said earlier. It is much more than previous years. But for those willing to go through the motions and do it the right way. It definitely pays off.

If you are serious about running 5+ stealth's it is possible. But you must be organized. I have journals with all my account information etc. Have certain times of the month I check my phones and services, etc to make sure they are all good. It takes maintenance but well worth it.

GreenBean 07-13-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 566604)
If you are serious about running 5+ stealth's it is possible. But you must be organized. I have journals with all my account information etc. Have certain times of the month I check my phones and services, etc to make sure they are all good. It takes maintenance but well worth it.

The analogy I used was it is like learning to drive an auto.

You start off slow.

Then you realize that to drive well you need to know what to do.

Same with stealth. Preparation, hard work, more preparation AND more work.

:pop2: