eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Virtual items (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/75433-virtual-items.html)

danshan 07-18-2014 11:18 AM

Virtual items

What security measures do any of you take to verify buyers to avoid charge backs and unauthorized transactions? I am just looking for some good ideas to lessen the blow from scammers because i know they are inevitable.

danshan 07-18-2014 05:22 PM

Re: Virtual items

Anybody with some ideas could use the help?

bjammin 07-18-2014 10:23 PM

im not 100% sure, but im thinking i seen threads where virtual items are an EB no-no. might wanna search it a lil in forum.

plumsake2 07-19-2014 12:54 PM

You could physically mail something with tracking (i.e. if you're selling an e-gift card, print out/write the code on paper and mail that). It might deter some people and would provide some proof that you actually sent an item, but you'll still have lots of issues. Unfortunately that just comes with the territory of virtual goods.

danshan 07-19-2014 01:17 PM

yeah I think that does work but I want to verify the buyer before I do the transaction. Any tricks I heard of guys using the email header to see where buyer is actually emailing from

Youngb 07-20-2014 01:56 PM

Virtual items on EB is restricted. EB requires a tracking number to prove shipment just in case someone opens a item not received case. If someone sends you a message to email it to them, you can do so at your own discretion, but beware of scammers if you choose to do so.

danshan 07-21-2014 11:57 AM

You are saying you cannot sell digital items on ebay?

danshan 07-21-2014 06:22 PM

Still bumping for any help from anybody

danshan 07-23-2014 01:13 PM

help me out anybody, come on someone knows something

sergfro 07-23-2014 01:17 PM

whats up ? ? ?

danshan 07-23-2014 01:58 PM

I want to know the trick to avoid charge backs and scammers on virtual items

aspkin 07-23-2014 10:12 PM

Sell items from your own website and you'll be able to verify by IP address or simply ask customers to come to you (your own website) in order to pick up their order and from there you can try to verify them but even if you do there is still a chance of losing money.

danshan 07-24-2014 06:33 AM

I like the idea of verifying ip but verifying what with the ip? General location or country or what do you think is important?

danshan 08-11-2014 08:50 AM

Bump bump bump

teedon 08-11-2014 10:38 AM

If they use VPN to go internet ,the real IP address will be not correct

danshan 08-11-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedon (Post 576788)
If they use VPN to go internet ,the real IP address will be not correct

Please elaborate I dont understand?

xShevaa7x 08-11-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 576789)
Please elaborate I dont understand?

He means if the buyer uses a VPN or socks proxy with their browser you cannot see their IP.

A company called shattered crystal deals with virtual items (legit ones) and do the following for security. They require first time buyers to give their phone number, then they call the buyer up and asks some questions like what's the nearer hospital or name some schools nearby. If you didn't want to do this you could just call them on their house phone and trust they're not using any forwarding service.

Sadly, nothing can be done against scammers using credit cards, and you could get hit months later. I will have a look on the internet for the information, but using these methods I think shattered crystals fraud was only around 2% of their profit.

It comes down to a few different factors. It can depend on what you're selling. I don't know your product, but if you're selling, for example, games you may see a difference in the types of games. If you're selling products for a game that has loads of younger people playing, then you can expect to get messaged around more than a game with a more mature audience. Sadly, some older people are far from mature, but luckily more of them are compared to teenagers.

People can moan about "racism" and other things, but certain countries with certain hypocritical beliefs should just be blocked from purchasing. Certain Arabian countries can be trusted like UAE, Qatar and Kuwait, however others definitely cannot; Egypt, Algeria, Syria etc have high amounts of fraud. I also wouldn't deal with countries like Turkey, but luckily many of these countries have been banned from using Paypal. Why? because of this very reason, high fraudulent activity.

danshan 08-11-2014 12:40 PM

Yeah I dont want to call 100 buyers a day that is too much work im not even sure I could have the time to do it. I need an automated way

xShevaa7x 08-11-2014 12:47 PM

Apart from ensuring people have confirmed addresses (which we know doesn't mean anything), then you can't do very much. You can do things mentioned here to get fraud down, but to get rid of it is impossible. It depends on so many factors, and without knowing what you're selling it makes it harder. Not that I expect you to tell anyone.

Just don't sell more than you can afford to lose.

danshan 08-11-2014 12:49 PM

It needs to verify number is not a voip or gv, it needs to verify ip is not a vps, vpn or proxy or tor, it needs to check the distance buyer is from confirmed address on payment. You do those things fraud has got be knocked way down

danshan 08-11-2014 12:50 PM

Of course no way to eliminate it all but you do those things and its got to cut fraud way way down

xShevaa7x 08-11-2014 12:52 PM

Yes, it will cut it down. Everything people has shared here will cut it down, but it won't go away completely. It's impossible. Unless you can write some scripts i'm not aware of anything that can check those things, nor do I know if it's possible.