eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Selling branded items on ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/77573-selling-branded-items-ebay.html)

lilgermangirl 09-19-2014 05:30 AM

Selling branded items on ebay

Hiya, I got a big one for you to help me with (if you can) :)

I have a company and am selling branded handbags bought in Germany, these are outlet items but branded and authentic. We do get an extra certificate of authenticity from our licenced supplier in Germany as well as a 1 year warranty on the items but we still had some trouble with eBay removing listings on our old account, despite offering to send them the original receipt etc. for verification. I do get that there are some people out there who market inauthentic bags but does this have to mean their mistakes must crucially effect me? :( Anyways, my question is, what do I need to keep in mind when listing my bags, any specific information, certain types of pictures? I probably did not do enough before, so I want to make it better this time without having all the same problems again :)

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

JamesNorth101 09-19-2014 05:33 AM

Re: Selling branded items on ebay

It depends on the brand.

The highly counterfeited brands are just not worth listing on eBay unless you have the rights holders permission. They will be taken down every time otherwise.

lilgermangirl 09-19-2014 05:48 AM

Huhm I guess our MK bags will be amongst those sadly, might be worth asking eBay how these need to be listed or if we can sell those at all, the other ones are Mulberry

lilgermangirl 09-19-2014 05:51 AM

Will try contacting them as a guest through chat :)

GreenBean 09-19-2014 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgermangirl (Post 589465)
Hiya, I got a big one for you to help me with (if you can) :)

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

wait until your new account has well and truly aged.

You should be really established before even thinking of selling these.

CoA is no guarantee that ebay will not dislike your listings or even that the IP holder wants their items onsold.

:amen:

ETA: Mulberry are high on the foo-foo list. Be forewarned.

rsot 09-19-2014 06:08 AM

@lilgermangirl, all the advice is valid - Mulberry is very highly monitored even for established accounts. If you truly set on selling that...better learn to make several stealth accounts - don't rely just on one

joesshooze 09-19-2014 07:17 AM

You are going to have a daily battle with this. In my experience for the last 3 years Aspkin and stealth accounts is the only way around it and it's getting tougher every day.
eb could care less and all the documents in the world won't help. They don't give a rat's ass about sellers that are not "big box" any more. You are going to have to try to fly low under the radar. It can be done if you are diligent. Good luck!

pokerpro 09-19-2014 08:19 AM

Knock on wood, I don't have to sell any VERO items to make a living....I'm sure there is a dollar amount that I would mess with it for, but it would have to be super HUGE to go thru all that headache....

rsot 09-19-2014 10:42 AM

OP, explore your own website perhaps?