eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   WARNING: Certain eBay Listings Can Steal Your Passwords (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/77631-warning-certain-ebay-listings-can-steal-your-passwords.html)

jeffweico 09-21-2014 08:21 AM

WARNING: Certain eBay Listings Can Steal Your Passwords

I just came across this article, it is being reported in several places so you might want to try Google for additional information.

Apparently, there are some listings on the eBay website that will re-direct you to a PHAKE eBay website where your passwords can be stolen:

eBay scam listings redirect users to phishing websites - SlashGear

nicoleleeli 09-21-2014 08:53 AM

Re: WARNING: Certain eBay Listings Can Steal Your Passwords

I seen an article about that on what really happened, im wondering if that's why it's harder to open a seller account now.

rsot 09-21-2014 08:58 AM

Noticed that awhile back jeffweico - quite a few years ago...I figure there were some nitwits who would fall for this. Have to always double check where you are entering info

yaseen46 09-21-2014 01:26 PM

Phishing is old. I dont see how people will fall for this tbh. Common sense.

Dmshark25 09-21-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaseen46 (Post 590064)
Phishing is old. I dont see how people will fall for this tbh. Common sense.

I think when u click the listing it brings u to the log in page again that looks exactly like eBay, and

Play 09-25-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 590000)
I just came across this article, it is being reported in several places so you might want to try Google for additional information.

Apparently, there are some listings on the eBay website that will re-direct you to a PHAKE eBay website where your passwords can be stolen:

eBay scam listings redirect users to phishing websites - SlashGear

Ive seen this in action myself, but if you keep your eyes peeled you notice something is just not right...

Basically what happens is once you open the listing, it has a auto-redirect (guessing html coding) built in, so it takes you to ebay (phishing) login page. You think you've been logged out, so as you log back in, they will capture your details.

Reported to ebay customer services, took them several hours to remove, something so serious I would have assumed the advisor on the phone would remove instantly, but no.

Moving on, just make sure for future reference everytime you approach the login page the URL on the address bar is ebay.co.uk, ebay.com, ebay.au etc., the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones are completely different BUT the ebay page looks just like the real deal.