eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Selling branded products (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/77686-selling-branded-products.html)

Arkus May 09-23-2014 03:20 PM

Selling branded products

I've heard that its not a good idea to sell branded products.

Now I've found the good wholesaler with good prices of branded products of Samsung, Blackberry, Huawei, Lg, Phillips, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Htc, Motorola, Apple.

Those brands arent in vero program. Does it mean im safe to sell those genuine products?

Thanks in advance ;)

BigCJ 09-23-2014 03:27 PM

Re: Selling branded products

Those names are even WORSE to sell...

You look not only to be suspended, but scammed and losing a LOT of money on a new account. Heck, even aged accounts... :violin:

FRP 09-23-2014 03:27 PM

if its genuine go for it worst comes to worst you are going to need to supply your wholesaler info

but it will be a headache for sure, listing in electronics if you are just started you need to have many stealth accs for it good luck

Arkus May 09-23-2014 03:42 PM

Thanks for quick respond

I have a non stealth account - my first real account where I sold already non branded ~30 products so far so good 100% positive fb's.
So you suggest to avoid these kind of products? What if I supply information of a wholesaler? Will it be still a risky deal?

products are cables speakers headphones etc so the price would not be above 25gbp/40 usd

fox20c 09-23-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCJ (Post 590655)
Those names are even WORSE to sell...

You look not only to be suspended, but scammed and losing a LOT of money on a new account. Heck, even aged accounts... :violin:

I couldn't agree more with this. Everything mentioned WILL happen. Leave this for some other sucker to loose $.

ilcarletto 09-23-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkus May (Post 590659)
Thanks for quick respond

I have a non stealth account - my first real account where I sold already non branded ~30 products so far so good 100% positive fb's.
So you suggest to avoid these kind of products? What if I supply information of a wholesaler? Will it be still a risky deal?

products are cables speakers headphones etc so the price would not be above 25gbp/40 usd

Do not waste your real account this way. Very risky even if you supply all the infos.

If you really want to test selling this poducts, build your own stealth account and go with that.

Be sure not to link the other one... learn stealth properly.

Christmas time is getting closer... a lot of accounts will die...

Arkus May 09-23-2014 04:45 PM

Thanks for the input.

I have one more question :) Then how the heck some sellers has 100k+ feedbacks , selling same genuine products without getting suspended?

WARNING EBAY LINK

For example
londonmagicstore on eBay
uniloop2014 on eBay

I bet i could find many more...

JamesNorth101 09-23-2014 05:02 PM

They have old very trusted accounts.

They can do a lot more than a brand new account. Different ball park

joesshooze 09-23-2014 05:59 PM

Christmas time is getting closer... a lot of accounts will die...[/QUOTE]

ilcarletto What doe this mean please?

xShevaa7x 09-23-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 590683)
Christmas time is getting closer... a lot of accounts will die...

Quote:

ilcarletto What doe this mean please?
I think he means it's nearer Christmas and eBay don't want their reputation tarnished by poor sellers sending presents late etc.

Amazon have sent out emails stating only people with certain metrics can sell in certain categories from November.

They don't want to take any risks with even more bad press, and only want the best sellers, especially in categories like electronics, toys and products given as gifts. The last thing they need is someone running to the press because their little timmy o'toole didn't get his presents on time at Christmas, thus eBay will be even stricter suspending people giving either poor service or poor products.

Edit: That uniloops2014 feedback is pretty impressive. Looks like they contact everyone who leaves negatives because they have 4 negatives and 165 revised.

Foreveryoung789 09-23-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xShevaa7x (Post 590684)
I think he means it's nearer Christmas and eBay don't want their reputation tarnished by poor sellers sending presents late etc.

Amazon have sent out emails stating only people with certain metrics can sell in certain categories from November.

They don't want to take any risks with even more bad press, and only want the best sellers, especially in categories like electronics, toys and products given as gifts.

Many accounts will die if people won't be careful. I think it's better to make pause and not selling anything in that period if it's not very trusted account.

ilcarletto 09-24-2014 01:13 AM

eBay security will be tighter in the period before Christmas.

Lots of saless going ond an people is spending quite a lot for presents and stuff...
High risk of buying @@@@ items that eBay doesn't like.

I remember last year, there was quite a lot of new members in here for this reason.
Be careful.

rsot 09-24-2014 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkus May (Post 590673)
Thanks for the input.

I have one more question :) Then how the heck some sellers has 100k+ feedbacks , selling same genuine products without getting suspended?

WARNING EBAY LINK

For example
londonmagicstore on eBay
uniloop2014 on eBay

I bet i could find many more...

Don't worry about other sellers - worry about your own operations. Study them and learn ...if you wish. You are unlikely to get pointers here on how they sell

Play 09-24-2014 01:36 PM

I would buy one sample from the supplier, see if its genuine then buy small quantities. I really dont see why you cant sell these items on ebay, so long as you can prove they are genuine. ebay would most likely ask for invoices.

JamesNorth101 09-24-2014 01:38 PM

eBay do not always care if an item is genuine.

If the rights holder does not want their item on eBay it will be removed regardless of how many invoices you have proving authenticity.

ilcarletto 09-25-2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 590980)
I would buy one sample from the supplier, see if its genuine then buy small quantities. I really dont see why you cant sell these items on ebay, so long as you can prove they are genuine. ebay would most likely ask for invoices.

...I wish it was like that...

That would be a happy Little Pony world...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-igVGziv4qU...Valentines.jpg

Play 09-25-2014 03:00 AM

For many items it is like that. However there are also many items the rights holder as rightly pointed out can decide not to have their items listed on ebay, at which point your listing wont last long, it will keep getting removed. ebay will tell you to contact the rights holder directly and give you their direct email for you to liase with them.