'Request" opened buyer wants money returned to a different paypal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-24-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default 'Request" opened buyer wants money returned to a different paypal account

So the buyer states that the item is all kinds of damaged and not "as described" It was brand new, but whatever. Buyer says that they want money refunded to them and has a new paypal account, and will give me that info when we decide how much will be refunded.

What is the best course of action to take?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2014

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: 'Request" opened buyer wants money returned to a different paypal account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebazstealth View Post
So the buyer states that the item is all kinds of damaged and not "as described" It was brand new, but whatever. Buyer says that they want money refunded to them and has a new paypal account, and will give me that info when we decide how much will be refunded.

You're making the buyer return the item, right? Get them to return the merchandise, and if it's in the same condition as sent, refund to the original paypal. Don't refund to a different paypal acct. than the one that paid you.
Old 09-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Default Re: 'Request" opened buyer wants money returned to a different paypal account

You are best refunding the money to the PayPal account that the buyer used to pay with.

Opening yourself up to being scammed otherwise.

If they want a full refund make sure they return the item before issuing them with a refund.
Old 09-24-2014

Longevity: 76%

This has potential to end badly...you would end up 'sending' the money to their new PayPal account and then they will chargeback or request a refund through the account they originally paid through!
Old 09-24-2014
Threadstarter  

This was exactly my feelings. You guys confirmed what I was thinking. I told her that I would gladly refund all of her money after she returns the item to me, but refund would only be to her original paypal account that she paid through. Will be interesting to see how ebay handles this.
Old 09-24-2014

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:

Refund the buyer through the specific paypal transaction he paid with. So go into the paypal transaction showing his payment, from there you can partially or fully reimburse him.

By refunding to another account, you fall outside the boundaries of "paypal seller protection", and as things get messy, you might end up paying out "twice", once to the buyers requested paypal account and again being forced to refund him by ebay to his original paypal account.

To prevent buyer getting agitated, inform him paypal told you as part of seller protection, you can only refund to the original payment method and for him to take it up with paypal/ebay.
Old 09-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Buyer will not ship back unless I pay for it. And can't comprehend why I can't refund to a different Paypal account
Old 09-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Offer to send them a prepaid postal label if you are willing to.
Old 09-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Not sure what to do at this point. I am going to have to think about this. Now all of the sudden it is torn in 3 places and has marks all over it (first report was has a mark on it). After I told her full refund after she returns it she response with "it looks like a knock off". That ticked me off. I have my supplier invoices and actual pictures to prove otherwise. I think this buyer is a "pro".
Old 09-24-2014

Quote:
Not sure what to do at this point. I am going to have to think about this. Now all of the sudden it is torn in 3 places and has marks all over it (first report was has a mark on it). After I told her full refund after she returns it she response with "it looks like a knock off". That ticked me off. I have my supplier invoices and actual pictures to prove otherwise. I think this buyer is a "pro".
Report to ebay, if a case opens let it run its course.

ebay will check customers account to see if this is a frequent occurrence for the customer, if it is they will rule it in your favour.

If not, you will receive item back by FORCE, had it done to me TWICE. Once the buyer purchased a computer, took out an expensive part, returned it, guess what? he got an expensive computer part + a full refund. Despite arguing with ebay, they dont care. Their argument is, they didnt see the item prior to despatch.

If someone says its a knock off, ebay will auto-rule in their favour, no matter how many invoices you send or pictures to prove otherwise. If you call them, they will say accept item return and then appeal decision once you receive it and we will most likely take your side.

Once you appeal, they will kick you out the door again. This is ebay. Once you lose a bit of money, you realise from a selling point of view on ebay, it can often take a toll for the worst.

My verdict is, you going to end up being forced to refund this buyer.
Old 09-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
If someone says its a knock off, ebay will auto-rule in their favour, no matter how many invoices you send or pictures to prove otherwise.
This is just not true.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
ebazstealth (09-24-2014)
Old 09-24-2014
Threadstarter  

I really have no problem refunding them. She haggled with me for free shipping, so I gave her that (cost me almost $10), now she wants a full refund, wants me to pay to ship it back and refund a completely different Paypal account. Each time she sends me a message, she escalates the damage and calls it a knock off.

Just irritating, that's all.
Old 09-24-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Don't allow yourself to be bullied by a professional buyer. Follow the standard protocol. They send back then receive full refund to the paypal account they paid with.

If indeed it turns out to have been damaged in transit. You shiuld then refund the postage too.

I hate buyers that try to dictate their terms. You're the seller. You're in control. (to a degree)
Old 09-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Stick to your guns and tell her to return it for a refund.

Let her rant and rave. And then let it escalate to extortion and then nail her.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
Play (09-24-2014)
Old 09-24-2014
Threadstarter  

BigCJ, this is exactly what I am doing right now. I am just screwing around with her now. I am acting stupid and saying "I am trying my best to resolve the situation" blah blah blah. Trying to gauge her level of stupidity. Each time she replies she violates more buyer policies. So far she has demanded I refund to different paypal, threatened me with negative feedback, refused to send the item back even with a prepaid label (says she wants the refund first), and her last statement was this "most sellers will either give a partial refund or just refund your money. They do this to avoid negative feedback"

BINGO! Freebayer. Hopefully that was just enough rope for eBay to do something. Probably not though.

Last edited by ebazstealth; 09-24-2014 at 03:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebazstealth For This Useful Post:
Play (09-24-2014)
Old 09-24-2014

Quote:
BigCJ, this is exactly what I am doing right now. I am just screwing around with her now. I am acting stupid and saying "I am trying my best to resolve the situation" blah blah blah. Trying to gauge her level of stupidity. Each time she replies she violates more buyer policies. So far she has demanded I refund to different paypal, threatened me with negative feedback, refused to send the item back even with a prepaid label (says she wants the refund first), and her last statement was this "most sellers will either give a partial refund or just refund your money. They do this to avoid negative feedback"

BINGO! Freebayer. Hopefully that was just enough rope for eBay to do something. Probably not though.
Wait for her to open case and just use these messages against her.
Old 09-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
This is just not true.
It is. I had so much evidence to show it was genuine. It was ruled in the buyers favour. When I asked ebay, they said it was because the buyer believed it was not genuine. When I asked on what basis they took the buyers side, they just said oh we at ebay dont see the item you send, so we have to take on board what the customer says.

Keep in mind, I spoke to numerous ebay agents on the phone, spoke to escalation team, had my appeal denied...

I bloody had a invoice for the item, UK registered business, UK Vat number, company number all printed black and white, they just didnt want to know.
Old 09-24-2014

Longevity: 77%

It's really not fair. Justice is on your side, be persistant till you get item back. I wouldn't give up in this case as long there is a single chance.
Old 09-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Stealth or Not Stealth, I would call EB and PP on her. When she doesn't get her way, she is gonna try to F up your account. You didnt give her what she wanted so now she will go for blood. I would call EB. I doubt they try to confirm any personal info. They will see her new excuses for return and they will probably end the case and take away her right to leave FB.

I think you need to be the aggressor at this point.
Old 09-24-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

If the buyer has threatened to call eBay and say the item is not genuine if you do not refund to a different PayPal address , why not get ahead of this and send that message to eBay and report the threat

Did they also give u the email of the other paypal??

If you have this threat through emails and the other paypal email address than , you may get off not needing to refund anything and getting the buyer kicked off

They may be a scammer and have had multiple buying accounts suspended along with paypal limited, and the paypal they made the purchase from could be limited, so they made another paypal and want the funds sent there
Old 09-25-2014

Give ebay a call, but try speak to a manager right away, 99% of staff just chat rubbish to get you to end the call.
Old 09-25-2014

Longevity: 65%

1. Buyer Return
2. Seller Receive
3. Refund (if damaged)
4. Only refund to the confirmed paypal paypal at point of sale.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turtleman000 For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (09-25-2014), Play (09-25-2014)