eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   New ATT Dongle Account Suspended. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/77765-new-att-dongle-account-suspended.html)

bushidopit 09-25-2014 12:09 PM

New ATT Dongle Account Suspended.

Hey guys, I set up a new computer with an att dongle. This second Ebay account I made was legitimate. I used my same information as my current Ebay account, everything was ok and fine. I have not been suspended from Ebay before.

Today, I got suspended on the new account. I called in and they said it was because they linked my 2nd Ebay account to a random IP of a guy named Bobby who's Ebay account is suspended.

I have had this dongle for two months now, only logged in from the new computer. They said bobby logged into his account 2 weeks ago from my IP address.

Does the att Dongle change IP addresses? What could be the issue here. I also use this for an Amazon account. Should I not use the ATT Dongle anymore?

Now I'm ****ting bricks because this account is linked to my original Ebay account which is a very good account for me. They stated any linked accounts would be suspended as well.

Play 09-25-2014 12:33 PM

Re: New ATT Dongle Account Suspended.

If you dont know Bobby, you should tell ebay your using a mobile dongle from outside (local cafe etc.) to use internet.

To be honest I think theres more to it, there must be more common denominators that caused the link other than just IP.

Also they shouldnt be releasing personal information of other users... So for them to give the guys name etc. is actually against the data protection act (im sure you have a similar legislation in the US).

bushidopit 09-25-2014 12:42 PM

I told here I was using a wireless card.

But on my end, there is nothing more to it. I only use this computer to log into this account and amazon account.

It was odd, the first thing she asked was "do you know anyone named Bobby?"

Play 09-25-2014 12:49 PM

Ok...

Was the stealth account setup accordingly? i.e. unique name, address etc.?

bushidopit 09-25-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 591486)
Ok...

Was the stealth account setup accordingly? i.e. unique name, address etc.?

As I stated, it was a legitimate 2nd account. I used the same name and information as my original account and linked the accounts through Ebay.

I use the dongle for an amazon account. But use this computer for the 2nd ebay account for ease of use.

Play 09-25-2014 01:14 PM

hmmm... I would do one of two things

if the account doesnt mean much, let it go, you dont want to risk losing the first account if ebay start looking into it and they see something more than just ip matched, they will manually suspend your first account.

or if you really want this account, email ebay and tell them you have no idea who bobby is and no have no association with this so called person.

If I was in your shoes I would be so annoyed to get screwed over because of "bobby"

bushidopit 09-25-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 591494)
hmmm... I would do one of two things

if the account doesnt mean much, let it go, you dont want to risk losing the first account if ebay start looking into it and they see something more than just ip matched, they will manually suspend your first account.

or if you really want this account, email ebay and tell them you have no idea who bobby is and no have no association with this so called person.

If I was in your shoes I would be so annoyed to get screwed over because of "bobby"

Well, the main question now is, are dongles safe?

I have this dongle running a 2nd amazon account, I'm kind of freaking out that this will happen to my amazon account down the line.

Play 09-25-2014 01:52 PM

I use a mobile hotspot on one of my stealth accounts, same thing as a dongle if not similar, no problem what so ever.

Can you imagine everyone who uses ebay on their phone whilst using public transport - surely they wont all be linked.

I still think there more to it than an IP.

bushidopit 09-25-2014 02:00 PM

What more can there be? Computer has a password, nothing could have really linked the accounts other than an IP...

Play 09-25-2014 03:07 PM

Everything, from name, address, to ip needs to be unique. I dont think I have ever heard someone get suspended over ip link... just another thread I responded to now where the guy was on his stealth ebay and his brother was browsing ebay same ip, he was worried about getting suspended due to the other ip being previously linked...

cut the story short his perfectly fine. Your not. As I said numerous times, it cannot be just the IP, keep thinking, something else triggered it.

bushidopit 10-01-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 591557)
Everything, from name, address, to ip needs to be unique. I dont think I have ever heard someone get suspended over ip link... just another thread I responded to now where the guy was on his stealth ebay and his brother was browsing ebay same ip, he was worried about getting suspended due to the other ip being previously linked...

cut the story short his perfectly fine. Your not. As I said numerous times, it cannot be just the IP, keep thinking, something else triggered it.

Well, I think you met the first.

After very long talk with Ebay support over the phone, they told me that this IP link was the reason I was suspended. And they recommend not using this type of device that changes IP's for this specific reason, especially for my new account.

So, what type of ISP should I use now?

yankee 10-01-2014 07:35 PM

Odds are that the obvious linked ebay accounts triggered the temporary suspension. They used IP as an excuse to verify you have two accounts and your intentions.

My question is, why have two linked accounts? Why not create entirely new separate accounts and operate with less risk?

Same goes for amazon.

bushidopit 10-01-2014 07:45 PM

Amazon is a ghost account. Ebay is not.

They upped my selling limits because of my linked accounts. If I didn't link them, they gave me 5 units per category which was not acceptable.

plumsake2 10-01-2014 08:03 PM

Are you saying that the reason you created a 2nd account with the same information was to override category limits? If so, then that probably was the cause of the suspension. Were you selling the same/similar items on both accounts, using the same pictures and such?

It's fine to have multiple accounts, but you should really create accounts with completely different information to avoid any links.

bushidopit 10-01-2014 08:48 PM

No, completely different items, again, completely legitimate. Created second account Ebay account because 2nd corporation attached to 2nd amazon ghost account... similar items, need to fulfill through amazon ghost account. Long story.

Andrewattson 10-02-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushidopit (Post 593773)
No, completely different items, again, completely legitimate. Created second account Ebay account because 2nd corporation attached to 2nd amazon ghost account... similar items, need to fulfill through amazon ghost account. Long story.

I certainly hope that doesn't happen to me aswell as I also have that same dongle. Maybe there was a mistake you made somewhere that you didn't notice.
As a new user im not even sure if having a new ip everytime I login (one stealth) is safe maybe that is what you did wrong. I was told it shouldn't matter at all hopefully that is true.

fox20c 10-02-2014 10:35 AM

Dont trust the eBay rep. They rarely know what they are talking about. I would start another completely new stealth account and see what happens, then you can start seeing a pattern and connecting any dots.

user3657 10-02-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushidopit (Post 591492)
As I stated, it was a legitimate 2nd account. I used the same name and information as my original account and linked the accounts through Ebay.

I use the dongle for an amazon account. But use this computer for the 2nd ebay account for ease of use.

Im not following here...It seems like you linked two accounts to increase limits? Of course that is going to link you. What am I not following?

BeAwesome 10-02-2014 08:33 PM

Are you using the same ip for both your first legit account and this new legit account? Maybe because you are using two linked accounts from two different ip's they want to question you.

I linked new legit accounts to my old established legit account to raise limits on the new account a couple of times in the past. I always accessed both from the same ip's. Getting rid of category limitations and raising selling limits on the new account is the whole purpose of linking the accounts... Per Ebay. That is ebay's instructions on how to lift limits on a new account, so nothing wrong with doing that, as long as you are staying with legit products on both.

The accounts are already linked... so, no changing that. Just make sure you stay with legit products on the new account and I would make sure to access any linked accounts from the same ip's all the time so it looks right. I don't believe there is a "Bobby".

bushidopit 10-03-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeAwesome (Post 594122)
Are you using the same ip for both your first legit account and this new legit account? Maybe because you are using two linked accounts from two different ip's they want to question you.

I linked new legit accounts to my old established legit account to raise limits on the new account a couple of times in the past. I always accessed both from the same ip's. Getting rid of category limitations and raising selling limits on the new account is the whole purpose of linking the accounts... Per Ebay. That is ebay's instructions on how to lift limits on a new account, so nothing wrong with doing that, as long as you are staying with legit products on both.

The accounts are already linked... so, no changing that. Just make sure you stay with legit products on the new account and I would make sure to access any linked accounts from the same ip's all the time so it looks right. I don't believe there is a "Bobby".

Gotchya, very good answer. That could have done it. Thanks