eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   I need to change my ebay account to a different location to stop MC999? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/77849-i-need-change-my-ebay-account-different-location-stop-mc999.html)

Kilgore7 09-27-2014 06:33 PM

I need to change my ebay account to a different location to stop MC999?

Hello apparently I need to change my ebay account to a different location in the world besides USA to prevent from getting MC999 copyright flags against my listings. I see a lot of german sellers selling the same product as me without any problems so I guess I need to change my ebay account to a German location?

So my questions are:

1) Do I just change the location of my account to German address? Can I use any German address? ( I don't plan to actually ship from or to anything to address)

2) Do I need to use German VPS if I change my ebay location to German to succesfully no longer be flagged by MC999 on my listings?

3) Do I need to change the address on my paypal too?

4) Can someone recommend me a goo German VPS? Right now I am trying to decide between germanvps.com and rackburst.net Are there any better german VPS that are as good and cheaper than this?

5) Is it not possible to change the location to Germany? Will my ebay account still get flagged for MC999 against my listings and be treated as US ebay account? Do I have to create a new ebay account?

FRP 09-28-2014 03:43 AM

Re: I need to change my ebay account to a different location to stop MC999?

VPS comes with couple of IP's than for more you are going to need to pay for it do you aware of that?

german servers are overall rock solid and yes you are going to need to use german address

Kilgore7 09-28-2014 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRP (Post 592362)
VPS comes with couple of IP's than for more you are going to need to pay for it do you aware of that?

german servers are overall rock solid and yes you are going to need to use german address

VPS comes with couple of IP's than for more?

Do you mean more than I am going to need?

I see germanvps.com for 8-9 USD a month, I was wondering if there was anything cheaper with as good or better hardware

rsot 09-28-2014 04:45 AM

what gives you this impression OP? Changing location to avoid MC999...it isn't as simple as that.

Kilgore7 09-28-2014 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 592380)
what gives you this impression OP? Changing location to avoid MC999...it isn't as simple as that.

I was thinking this because the MC999 I'm getting is for digital goods, and while I search for the same digital goods I see many successful people from outside united states, more than 50 results selling the exact same thing I am trying to sell, specifically in Germany. So I was hoping to change my account to German location to avoid this

JamesNorth101 09-28-2014 05:21 AM

Simply changing your location is not going to prevent rights holders removing your auctions.

Other sellers may have privileges that you do not have. Just because they can sell X or Y does not mean you will be able to.

GreenBean 09-28-2014 05:23 AM

changing countries is not the issues.

Germany has worse rules than the USA.

Your first point is to learn to make accounts correctly.

Avoid thinking going international will solve your issues. They will not.

:ranger:

Kilgore7 09-28-2014 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 592397)
Simply changing your location is not going to prevent rights holders removing your auctions.

Other sellers may have privileges that you do not have. Just because they can sell X or Y does not mean you will be able to.

So what are these privileges? I am selling the product in the same format, category/listing, images, shipping, description all more or less the same (not copying of course)

I am a longer registered user on ebay than them and with double the feedback they have. Some of the 50-60 some users have only registered to ebay last year or this year with about 20-30 feedback and don't have any problem selling the same digital goods that I do. Only thing different is that they're not from America

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 592400)
changing countries is not the issues.

Germany has worse rules than the USA.

Your first point is to learn to make accounts correctly.

Avoid thinking going international will solve your issues. They will not.

:ranger:

I have about 900 positive feedback on ebay and without any limits I really don't want to make a new account, can't I just transfer to Germany location?

JamesNorth101 09-28-2014 06:57 AM

They may have the rights holders permission.

Their eBays mays also be linked to eBay accounts with 1000's of feedbacks.

They may also be getting lots of MC999's themselves.

You cannot base your sales on what other people can and cannot do.

Simply swapping your location to Germany is not going to solve your issue. Sounds like your account is already marked and being watched.

GreenBean 09-28-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgore7 (Post 592405)
S

I have about 900 positive feedback on ebay and without any limits I really don't want to make a new account, can't I just transfer to Germany location?

Resolve the copyright issue then.

:spy:

Kilgore7 09-28-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 592451)
Resolve the copyright issue then.

:spy:

How do I resolve the copyright issue?

rsot 09-28-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgore7 (Post 592405)
So what are these privileges? I am selling the product in the same format, category/listing, images, shipping, description all more or less the same (not copying of course)

I am a longer registered user on ebay than them and with double the feedback they have. Some of the 50-60 some users have only registered to ebay last year or this year with about 20-30 feedback and don't have any problem selling the same digital goods that I do. Only thing different is that they're not from America

Digital goods are always problematic for eb/pp - sellers that survive do qutie a bit of experimentation +/- luck in staying under the radar

JamesNorth101 09-28-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgore7 (Post 592457)
How do I resolve the copyright issue?

Talk to the rights holders