eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Free shipping or not free shipping (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/77910-free-shipping-not-free-shipping.html)

Arkus May 09-29-2014 07:12 AM

Free shipping or not free shipping

I've been listing items with free P&P option, this means client buys a unit for an amount where price for P&P is included.

Im wondering should i keep doing that?

For example . 5 GBP per unit with free P&P

Or should i set 3GBP for unit price with 2GBP P&P fees?

Which one works best for best match on ebay search? :spy:

GreenBean 09-29-2014 07:16 AM

Re: Free shipping or not free shipping

Which way works best for your profits is the first concern.

JamesNorth101 09-29-2014 07:19 AM

Trial and error.

Put each up for a week and see the results yourself.

yankee 09-29-2014 07:36 AM

Every situation is different.
I almost never offer free shipping on auctions but on some items in some categories this causes a combined shipping issue and that issue causes a feedback issue and a feedback issue requires a telephone call into ebay and that does not work too well with stealth accounts but on the accounts that I do it with, calling ebay daily is not a problem.
You have to experiment with it yourself. I have a new account that I only offer local pickup for example but it sells very large items and buyers almost always pay cash in hand.
Trial and error for each item and category works for me. On auctions that are not usually combined, I always charge shipping. I average $1.76 additional profit for each item.

rsot 09-29-2014 10:16 AM

@OP, if you can sustain the loss in overall sale value for free shipping...then continue on

Play 09-30-2014 09:08 AM

OP's pricing looks like his selling BIN - might want to check out this website (ecal | Calcola Gratis le Tariffe e le Commissioni di eBay e PayPal) - its a fee calculator, but not sure if it will work for Lithuania, so google it if need be.

In the UK, ebay charge fees based on BIN price + Shipping, they used to just charge it for BIN price before, I think its because some people were putting shipping prices up to abstain from paying high fees. Not sure if this is the case for all ebay countries though.
If it is, just give free postage, makes buyers feel good when buying, plus I think there are few more advantages, such as your listing rank is higher, not 100% though.

If on the other hand you notice your buyers tend to buy multiple items from your ebay store etc. and you offer combined postage etc., you might want to deter from offering free postage as you might incur a loss.

Finally, when it comes down to resolutions on ebay, I have noticed they force you to pay the buyer back what they paid for postage sometimes, including price of item, other times they dont.

You assess what works best, a lot to think about, a lot of calculations to do, espcially if your selling a large volume of small amount goods, you want to maximise every penny of profit.

Happy Selling!