eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How Long Does it Take for Items Listed on Stealth to Appear in Search?? (8hrs+) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/78007-how-long-does-take-items-listed-stealth-appear-search-8hrs.html)

LetItBe 10-01-2014 07:31 PM

How Long Does it Take for Items Listed on Stealth to Appear in Search?? (8hrs+)

So I was finally able to get my stealth working and listed some laptops and iphones for sale. However, after 8 hours it is still not searchable and my user ID has 0 items selling.

Should I be worried? Or is this common?

Bunneh 10-01-2014 07:37 PM

Re: How Long Does it Take for Items Listed on Stealth to Appear in Search?? (8hrs+)

When you create the listing is says it can take up to 24hours for it to appear.

From experience they show up from 12hours.

However it is NOT a good idea to list these items if this is your new stealth account.

JamesNorth101 10-01-2014 07:37 PM

Re: How Long Does it Take for Items Listed on Stealth to Appear in Search?? (8hrs+)

Takes upto 24 hours

LetItBe 10-01-2014 07:40 PM

I already verified my account and got past the MC999 so it should be okay. Just taking forever to list the item.

Bunneh 10-01-2014 07:41 PM

Doesnt matter if you are verified.. these items are STILL high risk to list on a new account and you will get suspended... especially at this time of year.

JamesNorth101 10-01-2014 07:43 PM

Totally agree with Bunneh here.

Laptops and iPhone are a very high risk item to sell on a new account regardless of the account being verified.

You need to start of a lot slower.

Its more your PayPal you should be concerned. Getting large payments like that on a new account 95% of the time will only lead to one thing...

bjammin 10-01-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 593743)
When you create the listing is says it can take up to 24hours for it to appear.

From experience they show up from 12hours.

However it is NOT a good idea to list these items if this is your new stealth account.

That is my normal time on a brand new account also. The MC999 account registration is totally separate. Give it 12 hours before you worry. If they was gonna take it down, they would have gotcha by in a couple hours. 12 hours is 100% normal on a new account!

And as James said, it can take up to 24 hours, but I personally have not had that long of a delay.

fox20c 10-02-2014 10:37 AM

Like Bjammin said 12 is fairly normal, but I have had many cases where it was a solid 24 hours. After 24 hr I start to get a little nervous.

Play 10-02-2014 11:25 AM

I would say end your listings. Sell small items, things lying around your home, get 10 feedback, get a nice yellow star and if you must, then, and only then, sell your laptops etc.

Look at it from ebay/paypal point of view, put yourself in their shoes - new stealth account, just started selling items, and your selling high value goods... I cant see hope in this. Goes against every stealth tips provided.

BeAwesome 10-02-2014 07:44 PM

I just started listing on my new stealth accounts. The listings took 12 hours to appear in the search. I presume this is because they screen all new ads because listings for my old non-stealth accounts show up immediately. The ads took another 12 hours to get MC999. I called and cleared it easily, just asking me what I plan to sell etc.

I just did an experiment of listing an item, getting the MC999 then clearing it up. I waited two days and revised the ad. The revision made the listing disappear from search again and I am now waiting to see how long it takes to come up. I am presuming they scrutinize every revision too on new stealths.

So, either your ad passes or it doesn't, but know it's being looked at before they let it go live.

Play 10-03-2014 06:57 AM

@beawesome... these MC999 seem to happen on items sold with red flags im assuming...because I have yet to have an MC999 upon selling an item.

GreenBean 10-03-2014 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItBe (Post 593738)
So I was finally able to get my stealth working and listed some laptops and iphones for sale. However, after 8 hours it is still not searchable and my user ID has 0 items selling.

Should I be worried? Or is this common?

Worried!!!

Laptops and iphones are high risk.

Just becasue you managed to get over the 1st MC999, does not mean you are safe.

Why did you list them

Does not seem like you have read the help on the forum

:faint:

rsot 10-03-2014 08:24 AM

Sadly, can still get a MC999 later on...this is too high risk on a new account

BeAwesome 10-04-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 594287)
@beawesome... these MC999 seem to happen on items sold with red flags im assuming...because I have yet to have an MC999 upon selling an item.

It is my understanding that MC999 can happen on any type of listing and some people say they have gotten even before listing an item at all.

I listed one safe item. A household item with real pic and rec'd the MC999. So, I guess it really does not matter.

Update on revising the item though. After I revised this item with a "riskier" item - very risky item I might add, it took twelve hours to update the revision, but the risky item passed and showed up with no problems so far. Even sold two of them the first day and so far so good.

I know that pushing the envelope like this is against the stealth rules, but I am just doing experiments on my own to see, and I am happy to leave the feedback here for others. So, I am doing a multi-pronged approach. Making multiple stealths. Some following the stealth rules of going slowly and aging accounts to get some solid accounts established, And others I am being more risky and seeing what happens.

animekings99 10-06-2014 11:14 AM

24 to 48 . 48 at most.