ARE your sales still slow this month? Oct - Nov 2014 - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-03-2014

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%
Default re: ARE your sales still slow this month? Oct - Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
No and No.
Big accounts have an ebay rep, one person who waits on them. Good size sellers get top customer care and have a hold time on a minute or two at most. Customer service is not even comparable to small sellers. I doubt any small seller calls in and has 50 cases closed manually by ebay. I doubt any small seller has 10-20 negative feedback removed daily.
The service supplied to small sellers in outsourced, LONG and slow.

Not remotely comparable.
So not like us peasants that wait up to 2 hours to talk to a rep? Haha.

(yes I did this once last month...)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
So if you stop selling today on ebay, NO other ebay seller sells the same items and ebay will loose sale?
The Answer is no.

So we will take my big account I lost last year about this time when I came to this forum. It sold $680,000.00 in September. According to terrapeak ebay total sales of this product was $816,000.00 for I literally sold 80+% of the market on ebay on this one account. Now I paid the lowest ebay fees, thousands of free listings every month the lowest paypal fees, called ebay and paypal more than 10 times a day everyday.

When that account was restricted, October according to terrapeak ebay sold $856,000.00 without me at all.

How many more thousands of dollars did ebay make? How much support did they offer those other small sellers who now picked up those sales? Also, eliminating me who controlled the market and set the price, etc...How much more total revenue in FVF did ebay make?

People are going to buy on ebay no matter what. It is not your or my account that matters.
Yep I totally agree, eBay has built there site up , just imagine one big store called eBay, and a constant line around the block 24/7 7 days

Now the sellers on there site are just basically workers inside their store , there's really no difference .

Just like any company, when there employee that has been working there for many years and now commands a big salary, what does the company do, they fire the older more experienced worker and replace them with someone right out of college and pay that employee a fraction of what there predecessor made but they are still making the same amount of money for the company

And now the company makes higher profits.

When you work for a company and put your life into it and many years, it's hard to imagine that your replaceable , but the fact is everyone is replaceable and life goes on.

So eBay needs to run just like any other corporation and when there employees, all us sellers, get to big they cut us out, because they know no matter what with the traffic that they have created that it makes no sense to keep a big seller in with all the discounts when they can just replace that big seller with new ones and make a ton more in fees

Somehow they are definitely manipulating traffic, I changed everything around and pretty much ditched my older accounts back in March and just went on an account making binge from June to August

I'm trying my best to keep the accounts new and not do too many sales a month , or gain TRS status or Anything, because than its the beginning of the end
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (05-28-2015), solefoodbk (11-04-2014), stanislav (11-06-2014), yankee (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Its kind of crushing at the same time to read this :( I've been aspiring to get a TRS account for the discounts, seems counter productive which in itself is a contraction. Ebay at its purest form.
Old 11-04-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

My sales have fallen off a cliff, I sell items that are perfect for gifts and this time of year has been booming for me the last 3 years and only gets better as Christmas gets closer. This year I am TRS, I offer premium service, I appear at the top or near the top for all my listings, my sales have increased by 30% compared to same months last year. Then all of a sudden October is an awful month with lower sales than last year and November is turning out to massively down so far.

I sell the same items on Amazon and sales are up so it would appear to be an eBay specific issue, I'm at a total loss as to what's going on and I'm getting very concerned.
Old 11-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

My sales still have no recovered from about 2011. When I first started I was probably one of 50 sellers in this category of products. Now I am about one of 5. Sales have been way down and its not really products that something like Amazon would steal market share.

I will say end of October and November there is always a slow down. But just keep trying everyone its getting tougher and tougher to make it on eBay.
Old 11-04-2014

Longevity: 90%

I was doing excellent until somewhere between March - April of this year but then I noticed a big decline in sales and views. Instead of giving up I introduced even more products to my inventory and it seemed to work for a while until May. Once eBay announced their 150 million active accounts were compromised by hackers and then Google demoted their eBay links for being too spammy, all hell broke lose. In fact during July it looked like eBay was coming back to normal. Since August sales took even a bigger nosedive. October and now November have never been this bad for anyone on eBay even during recession. Conservatively speaking I lost at least 80% of my sales. Technically if traffic was as good as it was at the beginning of this year with the amount of products I have in my inventory right now I should be able to ship about 250-350 products everyday. I am now shipping around 40-50 only.
Old 11-04-2014

Longevity: 68%

Sales have been 0 since November started. I did not enlist in the extra long return TRS offer by ebay. So don't know if that is why the sales are so bad.

I have checked out terapeak, and my competitors have all been down as well. About the same percentage as my sales have been down. Huge reductions in gross sales since the same time last year for me and competitors. 60-80% less gross sales! Crazy! plus, I sell in a couple different categories.

Hard to speculate on why ebay is such a crappy place to sell products. I personally think ebay is going to get worse in regards to sales. Their bad practices with google and their data breach do not give much consumer confidence. Anyone who has attempted to sell their old phones or random stuff more than a few times has probably ran into a buyer who has ripped them off somewhere along the way. There is not an infinite pool of sellers and buyers willing to use ebay. Especially now since paypal has a 6 month refund period. An average, non techsavy person is going to go somewhere else.

Glad I have diversified into other market places
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Con For This Useful Post:
stanislav (11-04-2014), vogeltron (11-05-2014)
Old 11-04-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

I don't even have TRS, but my sales is similar to 2012 which was not great, but I still made something.

I was told that 2013 (when My november sales were great) Stores were rolling out early black friday sales, whereas this year is just the traditional Black friday timing.

So could this be why?
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Default Is your sales still slow this month? Oct - Nov 2014

Sales are down and views are extremely low as well. I hate how slow things are going. It's not like it used to be when I would have to spend hours packaging and organizing orders.

I used to wake up every morning with at least 3-4 over night sales. Not much action at the moment. I used to always brag about making money while I'm sleeping to my neighbor lol.

Last edited by aking; 11-06-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Sales are down and views are extremely low as well. I hate how slow things are going. It's not like it used to be when I would have to spend hours packaging and organizing orders.

I used to wake up every morning with at least 3-4 over night sales. Not much action at the moment. I used to always brag about making money while I'm sleeping to my neighbor lol.
It's pretty darn bad. Actually trying to venture over to Amazon a little bit for what few products I can sell on there. Anything helps right now.
Old 11-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Also big sellers pay less in fees all around. Ebay makes A LOT more money on small sellers and offer 1/100 of the human resources in support.
Easy to kick around for sure
Old 11-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The word from rsot.

Old 11-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

My items have changed over the year due to ebays ever changing policy's which doesn't help either.
Old 11-07-2014

Yesterday all of a sudden I had rush of orders (70 orders). I thought things got back somewhat to normal ... Today it's DEAD .... I tried to click on one of my items found in search results, "lo and behold" it wont let me go into my listing and instead I get to see similar products - "Items found similar to". I had to click 4 times until it "fixed itself".

Ladies and gentleman, they are hiding our listings. I think they decided to get rid of as many sellers as possible by sabotaging everyone's listings this close to holidays. Ebay lost some traffic and some buyers over security breach and Google downgrade but it's difficult to believe there aren't enough buyers to accommodate most sellers on eBay.
Old 11-09-2014

Longevity: 96%

Same here I was doing well september then its just slowed to a halt in comparison to last year. i was doing 22 - 40 items/day this time last year now I doing less than 10 with full top rated seller and about 30% more items available. i'm looking at the returns system glitches and also the global selling programme as it seems to have coincided with there instructions as its mainly my non UK sales which are really down and it usually now US and Australia start they xmas shopping to get thing delivered in time, I'm very concerned
Old 11-09-2014

eBay is purposefully exterminating sellers and its not just small or medium, large sellers are suffering too. I have been monitoring a lot of sellers for a few years now and every single one of them is selling less than they used to. For example one seller who used to sell 25 - 30 units is now selling 1 - 4 and their drop in sales was sudden.
scotch (11-25-2014)
Old 11-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
eBay is purposefully exterminating sellers and its not just small or medium, large sellers are suffering too. I have been monitoring a lot of sellers for a few years now and every single one of them is selling less than they used to. For example one seller who used to sell 25 - 30 units is now selling 1 - 4 and their drop in sales was sudden.
Something is seriously up. I am not sure if it is exterminating sellers because that would mostly increase my business. Seems like sales are down for most sellers across the board. Something isn't right.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
scotch (11-25-2014)
Old 11-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Something is seriously up. I am not sure if it is exterminating sellers because that would mostly increase my business. Seems like sales are down for most sellers across the board. Something isn't right.
No doubt something major is up. I just can't figure out if it's all intentional or if they majorly messed up their Cassini (CAN'T-SEE-ME) search engine. Maybe they should stop hiring programmers from third world countries in order to save money and start sourcing local it developers only.
Old 11-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
No doubt something major is up. I just can't figure out if it's all intentional or if they majorly messed up their Cassini (CAN'T-SEE-ME) search engine. Maybe they should stop hiring programmers from third world countries in order to save money and start sourcing local it developers only.
Yea, absolutely everyone I has talked to who sells on eBay. I don't care what country, what category what product. Sales are down the past few months. I have no idea! All I know is this is very bad for me as well as I am sure all of you. Either it turns around big time or I will be in panic mode!
Old 11-09-2014

Quote:
Yea, absolutely everyone I has talked to who sells on eBay. I don't care what country, what category what product. Sales are down the past few months. I have no idea! All I know is this is very bad for me as well as I am sure all of you. Either it turns around big time or I will be in panic mode!
Yes exactly. My sales are in a toilet. I have a lot of wonderful products in my inventory. I always get products that are in demand. With inventory I have right now if eBay was to get back to "normal" I could easily sell 300 items everyday. I spoke with a few people and every single one tells me sales is awful, anyone else who says otherwise is lying

Here is one of my contacts from eBay's Trust and Safety:

"Everyone i know who sells on ebay says the same thing.. something is very wrong with ebay these days"

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 11-09-2014 at 07:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stanislav For This Useful Post:
scotch (11-25-2014)
Old 11-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yes exactly. My sales are in a toilet. I have a lot of wonderful products in my inventory. I always get products that are in demand. With inventory I have right now if eBay was to get back to "normal" I could easily sell 300 items everyday. I spoke with a few people and every single one tells me sales is awful, anyone else who says otherwise is lying

Here is one of my contacts from eBay's Trust and Safety:

"Everyone i know who sells on ebay says the same thing.. something is very wrong with ebay these days"
Definitely the wrong time of the year to have a slowdown like this. I am praying and hoping for all us sellers that things turn around. I do have to say. In my 10 years of selling on eBay. Considering what I have listed at the current prices and the time of year. This is the absolutely worst I can ever remember. Even the seriously bad years of 08-10 I did much better with much more competition at the time.
Old 11-09-2014

Quote:
Definitely the wrong time of the year to have a slowdown like this. I am praying and hoping for all us sellers that things turn around. I do have to say. In my 10 years of selling on eBay. Considering what I have listed at the current prices and the time of year. This is the absolutely worst I can ever remember. Even the seriously bad years of 08-10 I did much better with much more competition at the time.
Yes you are correct again, it's worse than it was during 08 recession. Every single eBay veteran says the same exact thing. It's absolutely the worst of the worst it has EVER been on eBay. It seems like it got even worse after August 20th when they introduced their defect rating system. Are they doing it purposefully this time of the year in order to discourage and eliminate as many sellers as possible? It seems this way to me. Not to mention there is big influx of con artists, scammers or just plain nasty people who leave negative feedback if you do not comply with their demands (extortion). Seriously eBay has become one of the most corrupt companies I personally am aware of.