anybody using the verizon jetpack and how do you like it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-22-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default anybody using the verizon jetpack and how do you like it?

Hey people, who is using the Verizon jetpack as there isp for stealth account, and how do you like it?
I am considering getting it myself.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: anybody using the verizon jetpack and how do you like it?

Also It may be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway, so I thought I read on here that I will get a dynamic ip and every time I turn it off and on I'll get a new ip, but I was just chatting with Verizon they told me it's a Static IP? Is this true?
Old 10-22-2014

Longevity: 64%

I used the Jetpack 4620L for a few months and was impressed. The 4G LTE speeds were great - they were actually faster than T-mobile whom I use for cell phone service. But that really depends on your area, so you'll want to check Verizon's coverage maps first before making a decision.

One great feature I liked was the ability to add an antenna to it. Normally cell service is spotty in my area (hence the slow speeds for T-mobile), but I bought a cheap signal booster off of Amazon to pair with the jetpack and got awesome speeds. Verizon has a huge range of IPs and yes it does change every time you turn it on or off (really you don't even have to do that. I just turn airplane mode on/off on my laptop and get a new IP). The biggest downside for me was the monthly fees. They have to be the most expensive but you do get what you pay for.

Since then I've moved on to a flashed Verizon mifi. It only has 3G speeds but it's much cheaper monthly and has an even bigger IP pool from what I can tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
larry12 (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

My experiance with the jetpack regarding on IPs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
My experiance with Verizon is that they are scheduled give you a new collection of IP every 12 hours or so. There are typically 10-20 IPs per collection for you to use, and once they're all used up, you're going to get these same IPs over and over again until the next refresh happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
larry12 (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
I used the Jetpack 4620L for a few months and was impressed. The 4G LTE speeds were great - they were actually faster than T-mobile whom I use for cell phone service. But that really depends on your area, so you'll want to check Verizon's coverage maps first before making a decision.

One great feature I liked was the ability to add an antenna to it. Normally cell service is spotty in my area (hence the slow speeds for T-mobile), but I bought a cheap signal booster off of Amazon to pair with the jetpack and got awesome speeds. Verizon has a huge range of IPs and yes it does change every time you turn it on or off (really you don't even have to do that. I just turn airplane mode on/off on my laptop and get a new IP). The biggest downside for me was the monthly fees. They have to be the most expensive but you do get what you pay for.

Since then I've moved on to a flashed Verizon mifi. It only has 3G speeds but it's much cheaper monthly and has an even bigger IP pool from what I can tell.
Thanks for the reply, and how much are you paying monthly? For the jetpack 4620l and the verizon mifi?
And also this means that they are a dynamic ip address not Static IP, right?
Old 10-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
My experiance with the jetpack regarding on IPs:
Thanks for the reply, which device from them do you have do you have?
Old 10-22-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I've been using the Verizon jet pack 4G LTE mobile hotspot model # MiFi 4510L

It's a Prepaid device I purchased 2 months ago for $50, and I definitely recommend this, it works great, perfect connection, it doesn't jump IPs while in use.

The IP pool is large, I log all IPs and have yet to repeat one in 8 weeks and I use it every day for 5 accounts

Since it's prepaid the prices are higher I pay $90 for 10Gb a month, but if u don't want to be locked in another contract, and are looking for a high speed Internet connection with large IP pool this is the one
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
larry12 (10-22-2014), outofluck (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I've been using the Verizon jet pack 4G LTE mobile hotspot model # MiFi 4510L

It's a Prepaid device I purchased 2 months ago for $50, and I definitely recommend this, it works great, perfect connection, it doesn't jump IPs while in use.

The IP pool is large, I log all IPs and have yet to repeat one in 8 weeks and I use it every day for 5 accounts

Since it's prepaid the prices are higher I pay $90 for 10Gb a month, but if u don't want to be locked in another contract, and are looking for a high speed Internet connection with large IP pool this is the one
Awesome! Also you mentioned that you have 5 accounts do you have a new computer for each account? Or you just make a new user on one computer for each account?
Also just out of curiosity are your accounts personal or business?
Old 10-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry12 View Post
Thanks for the reply, and how much are you paying monthly? For the jetpack 4620l and the verizon mifi?
And also this means that they are a dynamic ip address not Static IP, right?

For the jetpack I started off on the weekly plan ($15 for 250 MB) just to try it out, was impressed and moved on to the 3GB monthly plan ($60) for 2 months. Then I moved on to the flashed mifi which is $15/month for unlimited (within reason) 3G.

Yes, they are dynamic. Like Dmshark I run multiple accounts (10+) using this as the primary source of IPs and haven't gotten duplicates. I don't use it daily, more like every 2-3 days, but I have used it for the greater part of 4 months. The IP pool is so large, it's unreal.
larry12 (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote:
Awesome! Also you mentioned that you have 5 accounts do you have a new computer for each account? Or you just make a new user on one computer for each account?
Also just out of curiosity are your accounts personal or business?
I have more than 5 accounts, but I use the version jet pack to run a group of 5 accounts I have

I like to mix up my ISP'S ALSO, instead of using just one company for every account, and I also have At&t, T-mobile hotshot, as well as comcast Internet

But I use one user account and use portable Firefox for each account, portable browsers work also, or you can just create a new user account for every stealth account

The problem with user accounts once you start running a certain amount of accounts it becomes too much

With portable browsers your able to use one user account and what I do is have a portable Firefox on my desktop labeled Template, and I have that formatted with add-ons and all privacy settings the way I like, so when I make a new account I just copy and paste it right on the desktop and it's ready to go

So I no longer need to take that few minutes creating a desktop and than formatting the browser, everything is done

And than I have one folder labeled eBay and I just put every browser into heat one folder so everything is nice and neat

All my eBay accounts are personal, I start paypal as personal and than upgrade it later on to business
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
larry12 (10-22-2014), OfficialGenius (10-23-2014), outofluck (10-22-2014), Pnw507 (11-02-2014)
Old 10-22-2014

Does anyone find connection to be ridiculously slow on the Verizon flashed mifi 3g? Or would an antenna help with that?

I was using At&t 3g APN settings through a phone and it was as fast as my road runner, but it can be tough to reliably get it to connect to the tower every time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Exile3 For This Useful Post:
larry12 (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
For the jetpack I started off on the weekly plan ($15 for 250 MB) just to try it out, was impressed and moved on to the 3GB monthly plan ($60) for 2 months. Then I moved on to the flashed mifi which is $15/month for unlimited (within reason) 3G.

Yes, they are dynamic. Like Dmshark I run multiple accounts (10+) using this as the primary source of IPs and haven't gotten duplicates. I don't use it daily, more like every 2-3 days, but I have used it for the greater part of 4 months. The IP pool is so large, it's unreal.
Woah! 10+ accounts.. nice!!!
Let me ask you what do you do about the phone number? I mean do you have 10 different phone numbers for each account or what do you do?

Also that price 15$ for unlimited 3g you got that w/o a contract?

Last edited by larry12; 10-22-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I have more than 5 accounts, but I use the version jet pack to run a group of 5 accounts I have

I like to mix up my ISP'S ALSO, instead of using just one company for every account, and I also have At&t, T-mobile hotshot, as well as comcast Internet

But I use one user account and use portable Firefox for each account, portable browsers work also, or you can just create a new user account for every stealth account

The problem with user accounts once you start running a certain amount of accounts it becomes too much

With portable browsers your able to use one user account and what I do is have a portable Firefox on my desktop labeled Template, and I have that formatted with add-ons and all privacy settings the way I like, so when I make a new account I just copy and paste it right on the desktop and it's ready to go

So I no longer need to take that few minutes creating a desktop and than formatting the browser, everything is done

And than I have one folder labeled eBay and I just put every browser into heat one folder so everything is nice and neat

All my eBay accounts are personal, I start paypal as personal and than upgrade it later on to business
What's the reason for starting the payapl as personel then upgrade to business?
Old 10-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile3 View Post
Does anyone find connection to be ridiculously slow on the Verizon flashed mifi 3g? Or would an antenna help with that?
Yeah mine is pretty slow too. I use the same antenna that I used on my non-flashed 4620L and it helps slightly. It doesn't fit as snugly so it's probably not the correct kind, but it works. It's not as significant change as when I used the antenna on the non-flashed mifi, but it helps enough so that the connection is stable.

Quote:
Woah! 10+ accounts.. nice!!!
Let me ask you what do you do about the phone number? I mean do you have 10 different phone numbers for each account or what do you do?
Yes, you'll need a new # for each account. I used prepaid Tracfones.

Last edited by plumsake2; 10-22-2014 at 10:48 PM.
larry12 (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014
Threadstarter  

what speeds are you guys getting with Verizon flashed mifi 3g?
I want to get this becuase it seems pretty cheep, is it usable?
Old 10-23-2014
Threadstarter  

What's your verizon mifi speeds, and which model do you have?
Old 10-23-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile3 View Post

I was using At&t 3g APN settings through a phone and it was as fast as my road runner, but it can be tough to reliably get it to connect to the tower every time.
What's your verizon mifi speeds, and which model do you have?
Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

I have the jetpack mobile hotspot. Cost $50 and I pay 80$ a month for 10GB. It has a very large IP pool and great speeds, but now I have several thousand IPs logged and am starting to get duplicates more than I would like.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
larry12 (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
I have the jetpack mobile hotspot. Cost $50 and I pay 80$ a month for 10GB. It has a very large IP pool and great speeds, but now I have several thousand IPs logged and am starting to get duplicates more than I would like.
Time to get a Flashed Verizon Mifi my friend!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
larry12 (10-23-2014), nodeal (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Also It may be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway, so I thought I read on here that I will get a dynamic ip and every time I turn it off and on I'll get a new ip, but I was just chatting with Verizon they told me it's a Static IP? Is this true?
In case you are being told inaccurate info, try doing this yourself to see what type of IP you actually have.

Turn on computer.

Run Track Your IP Address - IPBurger.com ( created by aspkin )

Log the numbers.

Turn off the computer.

Turn back on and log again.

Check the numbers and compare results.

If the numbers are the same, the IP is static.

A numbers' change means dynamic. ( in some cases these are sticky & hard to change)

Check and report back.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
larry12 (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Time to get a Flashed Verizon Mifi my friend!

i was going to order one online last night, but i got scared. just check out the amazon reviews on one of them and you will know what i mean
Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
i was going to order one online last night, but i got scared. just check out the amazon reviews on one of them and you will know what i mean
I've been using a Flashed Mifi for a long time now....So trust me, Flashed Mifi's are nothing new to me. Now the downside is the speed since it's 3G but the upside is the huge IP Pool.