eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   We've protected your selling account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/79204-weve-protected-your-selling-account.html)

bjammin 11-05-2014 11:12 PM

We've protected your selling account

So I am sure that just about everyone who has an established seller account has seen this message. I have received this message so many times that I just wanted to take a minute and give it the attention that it deserves.

Are they trying to pretend to be the nice guy after establishing their ridiculous DSR rules that started in August? Or, do they possibly think they screwed sellers and are now trying to reconcile? Or, could this be the first step in getting rid of those ridiculous new DSR rules?

Any reason they have, I just wanted to state that every time I saw this email that it irritated me more and more and more. Last week I got a message stating that I am no longer a top rated seller. After this email, I am now a top rated seller again. I really don't care about the glorified title, but please make up yoru damn mind!

shani1212 11-05-2014 11:22 PM

Re: We've protected your selling account

Bjammin, I got these email too. I think Ebay realized that they some how lost tons of seller after that rules took in affect. I really don't care about it ....

LoopHole 11-05-2014 11:23 PM

aww man.... i felt special for a second. Everyone else got this too???

bjammin 11-05-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopHole (Post 605419)

lol, thank you...that got a laugh

MM78 11-05-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopHole (Post 605419)

Your still special in my heart Loop!

TGMT² 11-05-2014 11:55 PM

I received that same letter today too..

But they didn't do squat. I was on the phone for 2 hours and 15 minutes + 3 reps to get one undeserved defect removed.

And they want the credit for protecting my account ???

slokor 11-06-2014 12:26 AM

I get these on all my seller account.
Pretty much all of them stating they improved several feedbacks to 5 star status.
I find the whole thing absurd and retarded. If a buyer left me 4 stars who are they to change that?
The Only reason I can see is that theyre losing too many seller because of these new rules of theirs and this is the ONLY way to ensure that those sellers are not lost.
Quite the system. Way to go ebay. Bunch of clowns.

rsot 11-06-2014 12:33 AM

Smokes and mirrors

dealagreeproceed 11-06-2014 12:43 AM

yup been seein these alot:spy::cheer::spy:

Dmshark25 11-06-2014 12:59 AM

Yep been getting them on a couple accounts , the problem is if you had a case opened for a return, say the item was broken, you could of had a case open and item not described detailed rating of 3

Now a 3 is considered a defect and the open case is a defect also, so by them saying they removed a low detailed seller rating means nothing because you still have one defect from this one sale because even though they may of moved the 3 to a 5, the opened case itself is a defect

So basically removing a low rating means nothing because usually a case was opened along with it, and u don't get 2 defects from one customer just 1 and that one still stands

EBay is just ridiculous trying to make it look like they are doing good for the seller, so ⊗⊗⊗⊗, if they want to protect the account why not remove what will hurt the account which is the defect and not something like low rating which means nothing if a case was open as well

user3657 11-06-2014 06:13 AM

This is bs. I dont see what they did for me to get this. I only received one case, the guy returned a "defective" item that wasnt defective so I charged him 20$. He opened a case, I told him to go pound sand and that I have proof the item worked and he wasnt getting anything, so the case just timed out and expired.

He did leave a neg, but it was never removed.

So what did ebay really protect me with? I log on daily, this email is just marketing.

pokerpro 11-06-2014 08:15 AM

Yep. it's just ebay's way of giving themselves a big pat on the back.....

vogeltron 11-07-2014 06:16 AM

Yea, I got this on all my accounts I believe.

james13v 11-07-2014 11:48 AM

Yeah, I don't see a single defect removed. What the hell is it that they did exactly?

rsot 11-07-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 605965)
Yeah, I don't see a single defect removed. What the hell is it that they did exactly?

They grabbed your attention - objective achieved.

james13v 11-07-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 605987)
They grabbed your attention - objective achieved.

Objective was to grab my attention? For me to pay attention, that they didn't do ****? What exactly is the end goal

oompaloompa 11-08-2014 10:10 AM

I have got this email on alot of accounts lately, never used to, so they have obviously stepped up their pretence that they are protecting sellers...

jak 11-08-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 605413)
So I am sure that just about everyone who has an established seller account has seen this message. I have received this message so many times that I just wanted to take a minute and give it the attention that it deserves.

Are they trying to pretend to be the nice guy after establishing their ridiculous DSR rules that started in August? Or, do they possibly think they screwed sellers and are now trying to reconcile? Or, could this be the first step in getting rid of those ridiculous new DSR rules?

Any reason they have, I just wanted to state that every time I saw this email that it irritated me more and more and more. Last week I got a message stating that I am no longer a top rated seller. After this email, I am now a top rated seller again. I really don't care about the glorified title, but please make up yoru damn mind!

It is because aliexpress is kicking ebay's ass and they are $hiting themselves as they cannot compete with the chinese.. ebay is the problem and it will always will be, they are a sick usury company, who find pleasure in there sickness amoung it's sellers who they treat like $hit, unlike aliexpress and alipay who do not treats it's sellers the same way....... this will be ebay biggest fall down in the next 2~3 years, keep it up ebay then we shall see what happens :D

BigCJ 11-08-2014 10:42 AM

Ebay is full of it.
I love how I got messages on accounts that JUST turned into seller accounts and never even sold anything.