Using iPad safely for single new account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Using iPad safely for single new account

I'm a bit confused from the different posts on this, some seem to say if the iPad has been used before with a banned account you can't use it again no matter what you do because they will see the device ID. Others seem to say it's fine to just clear the cookies.

It was used with the dreaded app before as there was only one account & that was fine, but that has now been banned.

So can I just delete the app, clear the cookies & use the single new account on the safari browser?

Or should I wipe the iPad then only use the browser?

Or should I just keep any new accounts away from that iPad?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-17-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Using iPad safely for single new account

Just delete the app and never use the eBay or paypal App again

Sign in using a browser, and just clear all cookies and data before u start from the browser
Old 11-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

The most important part is the IP. Where the iPad connect to? WIFI?
Old 11-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Just delete the app and never use the eBay or paypal App again

Sign in using a browser, and just clear all cookies and data before u start from the browser
Yes will keep well clear of the aps now!

To answer my next question, these two posts seem to say the same thing so I guess this is all I have to do to clear the cookies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge90 View Post
I know if you go to settings, safari you can delete history, cookies and cache in there. But im not sure if that would delete all the ebay app evidence. Ive ran multiple accounts on my iphone ebay app for months now and ive had no problems at all. Also two old accounts i used to use on my iphone have been blocked but not linked. So you should be fine i think. But if you wanna be extra extra safe, only other way is to restore your iphone. Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
As to delete your cookies and cache just go to settings, click on safari and then you will see buttons that say "clear history" and "clear cookies and data". Hope this helps
Old 11-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
The most important part is the IP. Where the iPad connect to? WIFI?
WIFI yes, it hasn't got 3G but it was in the old house so a totally different IP.

I have now established (thanks to help on here) that my router changes IP by just switching it off & on. That will be useful
Old 11-17-2014

I use my IPad to run 26 accounts, and as long as you follow all the proper operations you will be fine, just think of your iPad as a PC, and operate accounts only from Browsers

And never use or have downloaded the eBay App

I would be lost without my iPad , it is really great, there are many other apps that will assist you in organizing your operations so that running many accounts feels like just One business

Starting with the regular Mail Center which is great, u can load as many email addresses as you need and it simplifies things, because as a message comes in your always notified in one place from as many emails as u have, no logging in and out

Email lets you know what is going on with every account in real time, great way of keeping on top,of your business

Just make sure on your iPad to go into settings and under Mail turn all images off, so you don't need to worry about web beacons from images

I just read the messages as they come in, I never click any links, and if I need to do something I know exactly what account to log into

There are so many apps for spreadsheets, I love "Numbers" I have spreadsheets that have a tab for each account and every piece of Data from each stealth account organized neatly into spreadsheets, which are backed up to the cloud automatically

With IOS8 its now even better because all the spreadsheets that are backed up can be accessed from your PC OR Mac as well, so you have access to that information from anywhere, any device, computer

And I also use a spreadsheet to,log IPS

IPVIEW IS another nice App, it shows and logs every IP YOU EVER USE
So you will know instantly if the current ip is brand new or not, and I have a list that is over 2 years running that has been transferred now to at least 5 different apple devices, so the App is great for logging IPS

And than u can just touch the current ip and go right to your spreadsheet App and past it to the corresponding stealth account

That way using the find function can tell u right away what IPAD was used on what account

Also all your banks , there's an app for everything so you can control all finances

Along with many other features

So yes if operated correctly an IPAD can be a great tool that makes operating your online business very easy and something you can always have with you

Also you can access your home computer remotely from anywhere in the world, I use LOGMEIN , so I'm able to access my laptop and PC to operate other stealth accounts and Amazon accounts all from my iPad

Transferring files is so easy with logmein, so many uses for that, such as pictures you take that you may want to clean using exif data or whatever program, you can take a picture with your iPad transfer it to your PC , clean it and upload to your stealth

Once you get used to,stealth and familiarize yourself with your iPad and a home network it's really amazing of what can be done

I even have an app that controls an outlet WEMO SWITCH , so I can change my home IP from anywhere all on my iPad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-17-2014), yankee (11-17-2014)
Old 11-17-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I use my IPad to run 26 accounts, and as long as you follow all the proper operations you will be fine, just think of your iPad as a PC, and operate accounts only from Browsers........
Wow that's some going! It will take a while before I get to anything like that level of use but good to know it's possible thanks
Old 11-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrt View Post
Wow that's some going! It will take a while before I get to anything like that level of use but good to know it's possible thanks
Just go slow, everything comes over time, I started with no money, I just had closed my previous business , restaurant industry , massive overhead for nothing, I actually borrowed my girl friends credit card to buy the stealth guide

I than made all my accounts for free, and sold things I had, and just kept flipping and re investing in inventory, while learning stealth, and also learning more about computers and networking

Slowly over a couple years I added computers, laptops, iPads , hotspots for 4 cellular networks , learned how to build a network with all my PCs and laptops in my house and learned how to access everything remotely using my iPad

It's overwhelming in the beginning but step by step before you know it you have something nice going
Old 11-17-2014

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Just go slow, everything comes over time, I started with no money, I just had closed my previous business , restaurant industry , massive overhead for nothing, I actually borrowed my girl friends credit card to buy the stealth guide

I than made all my accounts for free, and sold things I had, and just kept flipping and re investing in inventory, while learning stealth, and also learning more about computers and networking

Slowly over a couple years I added computers, laptops, iPads , hotspots for 4 cellular networks , learned how to build a network with all my PCs and laptops in my house and learned how to access everything remotely using my iPad

It's overwhelming in the beginning but step by step before you know it you have something nice going
This is EXACTLY what is been like for me.

Once you know stealth its simply a matter of time. Its as if your climbing a mountain, you know whats on the other side, but it just takes time to see it. How long have you been using your iPad for stealth use?
Old 11-17-2014

Over 2 years now, but when I started I didn't nearly use it to the way I operate it now, and I had an older model and operating system 2 years ago so everything progresses and I keep learning and do more and more