eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Decrease in sales (November) ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/79963-decrease-sales-november.html)

scotch 11-25-2014 12:04 AM

Decrease in sales (November) ?

Anyone here noticed decrease in sales over this month ?
Supposed to be Holiday Season very soon, but eBay sales are way lower in comparison to last year. Strange things.

Any ideas ?

yankee 11-25-2014 01:10 AM

Re: Decrease in sales (November) ?

Normal for me.
Starting sunday NIGHT, sales will explode. It will be surges of sales, then slow times, explosions. Same deal every year. It used to start Thursday(USA Thanksgiving) but reality is Sunday night on the past several years. A decade ago Thanksgiving day was my single best day. Now, I wont have a single auction ending Thursday as a promotion.

solefoodbk 11-25-2014 01:28 AM

Yankee your so helpful its amazing. Just reading your posts inspires me to keep pushing sales and listing more. I'm not making any type of money you are I'm sure, but I plan on it!

yankee 11-25-2014 02:14 AM

Money....It is just a score. It is the game that is fun.
Three years ago in May of 2011 I somehow got invited to a "Event" in Festus Missori hosted by Azam Meo. It was an invite only deal that he himself paid for and I have no idea how he found me and why I was invited. I was netting $300 a day and though I was doing well and on top of the world. What I learned was everything is a matter of perspective. What is a big number to me may be a small number to you. I was hanging out with people who did not touch transactions unless they NETed 100k monthly. It was not imaginable, never mind obtainable in my crazy head. In 2013 I paid my shippers $2.00 an item and most shipped several hundred items a day. My envelope stuffers made more daily than I was just two years before. It is Amazing how if you expand your mind, your reality, your possibility, everything around you can expand.

Once you realize money is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, it is not even real, it is literally FIAT, your mind can bend and break and your perspectives can twist and change. Be generous, be thankful and don't work in your business and life changes forever. It wont be normal, but who wants to be normal? lol (I have a story about giving away all my assets and money not long ago because I wanted to know what normal was like)
OPM and OPT are some of the most valuable things in business. OPM= Other Peoples Money OPT= Other Peoples Time.
When I gone from servicing and being the face/expert to focusing on transactions, the game was never the same.
Make as many mistakes as you possibly can as fast as possible and learn from them. If you are not loosing a little money everyday on somethings you are not selling nearly to your velocity limits.

If your only goal is to make money you will end up having a very lonely feeling. Find a goal not attached to money and just use money as a score and have fun creating it. It is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ anyways.

eezo 11-25-2014 03:24 AM

This will be my fourth year selling on eBay, this November is probably the worst I have ever had, a lot of people are saying the same thing. It's odd because my Amazon sales are better than ever and I sell the exact same items.

I get the feeling eBay has seriously lost out in google rankings. It will depend on what you're selling though, some people are still doing very well.

vogeltron 11-25-2014 03:55 AM

Definitely a decrease in sales in November. It was kind of odd because the rest of the year had been pretty solid. Above average in some instances. That past few weeks have just been darn slow. Not in a category that is big on Amazon and what I do sell on there hasn't spiked. So I really have no idea what is going right now.

rsot 11-25-2014 05:57 AM

Don't forget that people may be drawn to other sites for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales...saving up for big offers towards the Xmas time...

solefoodbk 11-25-2014 12:38 PM

Hahah...whats up with everyone here?

We had a very long thread started back in September saying sales were to spike exactly around this time and now everyone is still complaining?? Not everyone but some...:doh:

I don't want to put my foot in my mouth as I respect your opinions, I myself haven't been selling on eBay that long (4+ years). I hope you guys aren't selling the same product as 4+ years ago? I'm really flirting with the idea to start selling on Amazon :spy:

I already know I have to prepare for them even MORE as I know they go to extremes on preventing us stealth users. Amazon is so much more accepted nationally, unversially then eBay is. You ask 10 people what site they'd rather buy from ....most would say Amazon I'm sure. Obviously it depends on what your buying, thats HUGE, BUT doing Amazon & eBay is starting to sound more and more the smarter choice instead of just going heavy into one.