do i have to be stealth while making an ebay business account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-07-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default do i have to be stealth while making an ebay business account

do i have to be stealth while making an ebay business account
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: do i have to be stealth while making an ebay business account

Maybe and maybe not.
Sometimes you can open an ebay account in 100% business details BUT they ask for the user/operator of the account to supply SS.
If you open a regular stealth account and wait for PP to demand(not auto prompt) you only upgrade and add the EIN then. No SS requirement as of today anyways.

I recommend only adding an EIN when absolutely a must. This reduces the risk of a failing account killing your future use of an EIN before the 200/20K threshold.
Old 12-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Best to apply stealth for all workings
Old 12-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Maybe and maybe not.
Sometimes you can open an ebay account in 100% business details BUT they ask for the user/operator of the account to supply SS.
If you open a regular stealth account and wait for PP to demand(not auto prompt) you only upgrade and add the EIN then. No SS requirement as of today anyways.

I recommend only adding an EIN when absolutely a must. This reduces the risk of a failing account killing your future use of an EIN before the 200/20K threshold.
I've read the stealth guide a few times and am trying to get my head wrapped around the details, so this answer prompted two additional questions for me:

1. When you mention a 'regular' stealth account, I assume you mean as opposed to an LLC, so do you set them up using fictional names/addresses or real people's data? Since you mention adding an EIN only after PP demands an upgrade, I assume you're using real people's data since you can't ⊗⊗⊗⊗ a EIN (at least if you want to stay out of the hokey). So, how many accounts can you make using real people's data? Do people really have that many friends and relatives who don't mind lending their details?

2. Is the 200/20k threshold you mention a PP limit before they demand SSN/EIN verification?

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

You NEVER use someones info.
Just make a name up... John Smith, Brittney Right, Juan Jon, Paul Delmonico, Jacob Brown, Jason Bourne, Erika Rodriguez, Alan Jackson, etc... Any name you decide to come up with...
Addresses from say, a business plaza or a strip mall...make up a unit number. Empty Homes from the MLS.

EIN are your real company Info.
How many accounts, how many addresses and names can you come up with? I would says millions if you had the desire and time.

Paypal might ask for the EIN/SS etc well before the IRS required 200/20K It has been reported as little as $7.00 but typically 150-170 or 15-17K and if the dollar amounts are mixed, 100-150 and 5K

I have an account that has far exceeded 20K this month but less than 100 items. I doubt they will request it. If it was January, the request would have been the first day it received a few grand in it. Soley based on the velocity and projection to years end.
Old 12-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
You NEVER use someones info.
Just make a name up... John Smith, Brittney Right, Juan Jon, Paul Delmonico, Jacob Brown, Jason Bourne, Erika Rodriguez, Alan Jackson, etc... Any name you decide to come up with...
Addresses from say, a business plaza or a strip mall...make up a unit number. Empty Homes from the MLS.

EIN are your real company Info.
How many accounts, how many addresses and names can you come up with? I would says millions if you had the desire and time.
First of all, let me say the amount of knowledge you guys have on here is amazing and thanks again for sharing it with us new guys.

One of the stealth guide techniques mentions using real info from real people who give you permission to do so, so I guess I've been wondering if that's what most people do to create a stealth acct, or if they use all made-up names to create stealth accts.

But if you use made-up names and imaginary unit #s from strip malls, how do you tie it to a real person (me) for reporting purposes? I purchase most of my products offline so I can't use PP proceeds to purchase inventory; I need to convert the PP$ into real cash in a bank, etc. Also, prior to suspension I was doing high enough annual $ amounts that I need to be 100% legit with the IRS since I always cross the reporting threshold quickly. So I'm still trying to figure out how someone can create 20 names and addresses and make it work. Do they never xfer PP$ to banks and are they all selling under the reporting limit so it never comes up with them?

Sorry I am so confused, but I want to truly understand how this structure works before I jump in.
Old 12-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Withdraw to your bank account(s) Whoever received income is responsible for it. If you withdraw into a company, then the company is responsible. If you withdraw into a personal account, then you are responsible.

You can also use some prepaid debit cards. Search the forum for the ones that work.

Structure is this:
Sell on stealth, ship items, get paid, withdraw into your bank account. Same as before. If you have 100 stealths, you might need 100 bank accounts. That is not very hard either.

Nothing shady. Nothing overly complicated. You are not breaking any laws. You are not doing identity theft. It is the equivalent to having a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on craigslist or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ facebook account.
It is a mental block you are having.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
barkley70 (12-07-2014)