eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyers buying nearby closer to X-mas? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/80430-buyers-buying-nearby-closer-x-mas.html)

solefoodbk 12-07-2014 12:42 PM

Buyers buying nearby closer to X-mas?

Anybody else notice this?

I can't speak for other countries but in the United States I've been getting alot of states nearby purchasing my products. I'm assuming maybe its because its closer to x-mas and they the buyers are just hestitant to buy from across the country as they don't know the seller, and if he/she will ship quickly or not.

I just have found it interesting...

Just sold 3 items and all them are from neighbooring states. I love it because it gets to them quicker, and I offer free shipping on ALL my products so its great on that end to. :)

yankee 12-07-2014 12:46 PM

Re: Buyers buying nearby closer to X-mas?

When in a bind I will always pay more if I am going to get it faster. Poly bags, tape and boxes today from Uline because it will arrive tuesday instead of threerb on ebay at 50% less and get it wednsday as an example.

solefoodbk 12-07-2014 12:49 PM

Yep I would and do to. Not all sellers ship immediately, or simply take selling on eBay serious so I get it from that perspective to. Have you noticed this with any of your customers?

I assume you ship internationally so it might not affect you to much but for what I sell its really becoming a pattern..

yankee 12-07-2014 01:02 PM

In my big accounts I don't handle anymore, yes, location is a big deal during peak season. I am looking to open another location in Greenville, KY now or Clarksville TN for shipping reasons.
Fedex is two days pretty much anywhere in continental USA from Clarksville and USPS is 2 days pretty much anywhere from either state.

I have a place in Errol NH that is 5+ days to most anywhere. We could do so much better if located in a better shipping location.
My Alabama place is pretty quick. It is right outside of Birmingham and most everything USPS is two days.

I get complaints when location is not specified. Not enough to effect those accounts but unneeded communication and that can lower a DSR just for getting communication stars at all.

rsot 12-07-2014 02:20 PM

International buyers around Xmas are deadly for account health

yankee 12-07-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 617101)
International buyers around Xmas are deadly for account health

But they don't count towards DSR scores. around 30% of my sales are international. If it was not for Holds I would allow that to be higher.

Dmshark25 12-07-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 617081)
When in a bind I will always pay more if I am going to get it faster. Poly bags, tape and boxes today from Uline because it will arrive tuesday instead of threerb on ebay at 50% less and get it wednsday as an example.

So Funny, I just made a purchase of all shipping supplies today, I went with threerb because they are one state away and I'll get my items on Tuesday, but I was thinking Of ordering from Amazon and getting one day shipping but realized it's Sunday so one business day would be Tuesday anyway

Dmshark25 12-07-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 617107)
But they don't count towards DSR scores. around 30% of my sales are international. If it was not for Holds I would allow that to be higher.

Wow I Never really thought about that , so with all international sales you can't get defects or just low DSRs?

yankee 12-07-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 617198)
Wow I Never really thought about that , so with all international sales you can't get defects or just low DSRs?

Global only :) and it makes no difference to ebay. A negative does count in the % but it is rare unless it is a customer issue or tax issue and then ebay removes if you email or call them.

Gamefreak 12-07-2014 06:30 PM

personally i buy from nearby states to avoid sales tax in my own state and get items a lot cheaper and fast because of it.

solefoodbk 12-07-2014 06:31 PM

I just spent 3.99 on a 16x16x18 box at target ...:doh:

It was labeled a "gift box"... amazing.