eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Should i try and fit my printer in the priority mail medium box? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/81122-should-i-try-fit-my-printer-priority-mail-medium-box.html)

bigcasey123 12-27-2014 05:04 PM

Should i try and fit my printer in the priority mail medium box?

My printer (zebra lp2844) doesn't exactly fit in the box, the top sticks out a little bit. Although this can be covered with tape i'm just a little nervous that the plastic window top will break (that's the part sticking out). I thought about getting a large priority box but the height is exactly the same as a medium......the large only has a different width. I don't have normal boxes (these ones are free and delivered to me). Should i try it? i remember doing something similar with my ps2 slim, i got it to fit in a small priority mail box (saved on shipping) and the only thing was the edges sticking out (the height was fine). But the ps2 was receive safe.

bjammin 12-27-2014 05:09 PM

Re: Should i try and fit my printer in the priority mail medium box?

If this is going to an EB customer, you should go ahead and pay the extra. It might get there just fine and youll have some asshole who just wants to bitch about it, dropping you neg FB in the process. You should see how much shipping would be without the Flat Rate Box. I am sure it would be cheaper.

bigcasey123 12-27-2014 05:13 PM

I don't mind paying the extra but my problem is the large priority mail box is exact same as medium in height. Only difference is width. I can only use flat rate boxes because they're free and delivered straight to me. I live no where near a store where i can buy boxes (no home depot, etc...) so i'm stuck with these. I'm more worried about the item being damaged on arrive. I don't care if the buyer hates how it's packaged as long as the item he/she receives is fine.

TGMT² 12-27-2014 05:20 PM

You need this size:

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/...=priority-mail

Make sure you order them and have them on hand. They are not on the shelves at the Post Office. :)

GreenBean 12-27-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcasey123 (Post 624491)
I don't mind paying the extra but my problem is the large priority mail box is exact same as medium in height. Only difference is width. I can only use flat rate boxes because they're free and delivered straight to me. I live no where near a store where i can buy boxes (no home depot, etc...) so i'm stuck with these. I'm more worried about the item being damaged on arrive. I don't care if the buyer hates how it's packaged as long as the item he/she receives is fine.

Then NEVER compromise on good packing.

Dont want you to be the victim of a SNAD.

:pout:

ooooo.halo 12-27-2014 05:42 PM

Have you no household boxes you could use. What with xmas day passing, i have tons of boxes.
:-)

bigcasey123 12-27-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGMT² (Post 624493)
You need this size:

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/...=priority-mail

Make sure you order them and have them on hand. They are not on the shelves at the Post Office. :)

Question, do i pay for large flat rate ($15.00 on ebay)? or do i choose something else?

TGMT² 12-27-2014 07:04 PM

If you are referring to the box I posted...

The answer is no. That is a postage by weight box. Dimension input is not necessary when you are using a approved Priority Box.

ovidiu 12-27-2014 07:08 PM

USPS recently dramatically lowered rates for non-flat rate postage, and kept them high for the flat rate packages. This is why all the post offices are pimping the flat rate boxes only. If I remember right, it is cheaper to ship non-flat rate at least up to 2 pounds now. You can use any sort of box and just stick the free priority mail stickers on there. Start saving boxes you get from Amazon or other merchants and re-use them for priority mail.

bjammin 12-27-2014 07:30 PM