eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Why is no one talking about the mass of LOW FEEDBACK scammers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/81642-why-no-one-talking-about-mass-low-feedback-scammers.html)

Athletichunta 01-11-2015 04:52 AM

Why is no one talking about the mass of LOW FEEDBACK scammers

Who are these people?. On these listings for example. these were all 3 randomly picked listings just for example. All 0 feedback. How rampet is this. From what I hear is they complain the phone is activation locked. buy an item somewhere els like a piece of crap, have it sent to you and provide the tracking number in the return to win their case and to rip you off. I believe they are mostly all nigerians.

WARNING EBAY LINKS

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2047675.l2565

about 50%-60% of all sells are on Phones are scammers. What in the world is going on. Is swappa and amazon as plagued with scammers as ebay and is ebay doing anything to stop this. I put disclaimers in my ads to prevent these bidders. It works very well. But Most don't.

Athletichunta 01-11-2015 04:58 AM

Re: Why is no one talking about the mass of LOW FEEDBACK scammers

And these are not just apple products. These work with anything of value. They have the item sent to someone in the states. and are paid half the value or whatever through western union. From the looks of it they are taking down ebay. They are destroying the market place.

RosieTosie 01-11-2015 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athletichunta (Post 630113)
Who are these people?. On these listings for example. these were all 3 randomly picked listings just for example. All 0 feedback. How rampet is this. From what I hear is they complain the phone is activation locked. buy an item somewhere els like a piece of crap, have it sent to you and provide the tracking number in the return to win their case and to rip you off. I believe they are mostly all nigerians.

about 50%-60% of all sells are on Phones are scammers. What in the world is going on. Is swappa and amazon as plagued with scammers as ebay and is ebay doing anything to stop this. I put disclaimers in my ads to prevent these bidders. It works very well. But Most don't.

Good tips to avoid scammers, definately something to keep in mind, phones are a high risk item anyway and probably one of the items that are going to attract scammers, there are so many other ways to buy phones that buying via online auctions is looking more and more like something to avoid

Athletichunta 01-11-2015 05:01 AM

It's not just with phones. It's with anything easy to sell and has value. See my previous post. This only got bad mid 2014. Before it was almost nonexistent. What in the world happened. Is ebay doing anything about this?.

Using a disclaimer in your ad for them to provide a number for you to call them if feedback isnt about 30-40 gets them off your back to a great extent. but I'm worried about other ebay sellers. How many sellers are getting knocked off.

Is amazon now infested aswell?. Did ebay change something that allowed these scammers to take over?. Ive sold thousands of phones. it wasnt until mid 2014 that ascammers became 1 in 200-300 transactions to one in every 2 or 3 transactions

Does anyone have any experience with swappa?.

james13v 01-12-2015 01:56 AM

What makes them scammers exactly? Because they have 0 feedback? I have plenty of buyers with 0 feedback and non of them have scammed me.

just_smile 01-12-2015 04:24 AM

I think if you are consistently meeting scammers, its time to change what you sell.

Everyone who sells knows the risks involved when selling high end items like phones. Only you can choose whether the risk is acceptable to you.

For me personally, ebay would be the last place i'd sell an expensive electronic item:amen:

solefoodbk 01-12-2015 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 630445)
I think if you are consistently meeting scammers, its time to change what you sell.

Everyone who sells knows the risks involved when selling high end items like phones. Only you can choose whether the risk is acceptable to you.

For me personally, ebay would be the last place i'd sell an expensive electronic item:amen:

Exactly ;)

GreenBean 01-12-2015 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 630421)
What makes them scammers exactly? Because they have 0 feedback? I have plenty of buyers with 0 feedback and non of them have scammed me.

Because he attracts them.

He appears to have never set his selling restrictions to control who or what bids on his listings.

He actually ENJOYS the angst of moaning about the ethnicity of his buyers.

Truth be told I am not even sure he is first generation American, you know.

For some reason he has become obsessed with buyers who are not white.

He's a bigot. He will make thread after thread moaning about them.

But he will still SELL or try to sell to them.

It's like he's on Fantasy Island. The rest of see the issues, adjust our accounts and get on with the job.

Not our friend, Athletichunta.

They are coming to get him, don't you know.

:pound:

Athletichunta 01-12-2015 05:27 AM

Green bean. I find what you are saying laughable. Iv sold thousands of phones on eBay and I've never seen anything like this before until recently. I'm not moaning. It's called building awareness. And you can't adjust your account to stop low feedback buyers and *******s tha just adjust their accounts to counteract. No I sell to all races. But they better be in the United states. Most Nigerians are not.

Almost none of the low feedback buyers what so ever can ever confirm they are in the us. I'd already have 5 admit they weren't aswell. I've also been scammed by these people for smaller phones. Headphones and a 600 iphone eBay ended up taking the hit for

GreenBean 01-12-2015 05:32 AM

I am still waiting for you to tell the forum that you have set your listings to control who bids on your items.

You even made a thread on that today.

Considering your complaints have been going on for weeks, i would like tactfully to suggest it is you who has no clue about building awareness.

I've been 'doing' ebay for years. Scammers are no new arrivals. You can adjust accounts to reduce and thus control sales.

Sensible sellers do that at all times. They act to protect their accounts.

Athletichunta 01-12-2015 05:35 AM

No. This will help but not eliminate the problem. It wasn't evwr. Problem like this before. Weeks? I hadn't been on this forum for like a month I believe. I just posted today

Athletichunta 01-12-2015 05:38 AM

Scammers are definately not new but they have increased by about 10 times what they were. And remember I'd had many other accounts before that Iv maxed out.

big tymer 01-12-2015 07:32 PM

You should set your buyer requirements higher.

Copied from the ebay page on buyer requirements (the last 2 requirements would solve a lot of your problems):

What are buyer requirements?

You can block buyers from bidding on or purchasing your items by specifying buyer requirements. You can block buyers who:

Don't have a PayPal account

Have unpaid items recorded on their account

Have a primary shipping address in countries you don't want to ship to

Have violated eBay policies

Have a Feedback score lower than the number you specify

Are currently winning or have bought 1-100 of your items in the last 10 days (you can specify the number)

Restriction 01-13-2015 08:56 PM

ALL/ MOST NIGERIANS ARE NOT SCAMMERS...Watch your words! If you want to complain about a race, watch the forum you put it on. I have had tonnes of nigerians buy stuff from me on ebay, if thats the case.

Just in the same way that we are keeping a low profile and going stealth with identity, Who told you that the actual "scammer" who is tryna rip you off is from Nigeria or any other african country???? He might have gone stealth themselves and taken another identity!

Listen to what seasoned veterans like Green Bean have to say and take note!

bananaappeal 01-13-2015 09:57 PM

Fixing your buyer requirements will solve most of the problem.

Apple products have a huge resell value compared to most other products so your products in case are hot with scammers and carders as such cashing out.

Don't know what makes you think it would be a certain race of people?

These scams a pretty simple and also simple enough to prepare and comfortably protect yourself against.

james13v 01-13-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restriction (Post 631176)
ALL/ MOST NIGERIANS ARE NOT SCAMMERS...Watch your words! If you want to complain about a race, watch the forum you put it on. I have had tonnes of nigerians buy stuff from me on ebay, if thats the case.

Just in the same way that we are keeping a low profile and going stealth with identity, Who told you that the actual "scammer" who is tryna rip you off is from Nigeria or any other african country???? He might have gone stealth themselves and taken another identity!

Listen to what seasoned veterans like Green Bean have to say and take note!

Nigerians aren't a race, FYI.