Have I f**ked up? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-16-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Have I f**ked up?

OK, I am banned from Ebay big time.

but I am not banned from paypal, never have been.
In fact my paypal is in very good form, over £10k going into that account per month, no restrictions, nothing (and its still a personal account), weird huh?

Any way I messed up rescently (just now). I logged into my own personal paypal, sent some money to my partner, and then I was checking my emails for my ghoast account I am setting up. And I had an email from paypal "click here to confirm account" without thinking I clicked it, and then it logged into my goast paypal account and logged me out of my personal automaticaly.

Do paypal share this kind of information with ebay? That is the only thing linking me with my ghoat account. But I was thinking it wont get shared, coz in any case, my account with paypal is fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Have I f**ked up?

If this the 1 and only time you have made an error like this you might get away with it, it has been known, although things are in an almost constant state of flux with ebay/PayPal UK, the best thing to do is start making backup accounts, with all new details of course in each one, nothing can be shared or linked across those accounts, and similarly of course you cannot use the bank account again you will have to get new ones, it's a sad state of affairs over here especially for someone like yourself who has been successful enough to have over 10k a month going into the paypal, better to be safe than sorry tho' so get those spare accounts up and running ready to take over if you do get caught out with that account biting the dust.
Old 01-16-2015

Theres a risk of link....but one time should see you ok. Dont beat yourself up about it. We all make errors :-)
You said you sent money to your partner. Was this throu paypal. If so, pp to pp transactions should be avoided. Always the risk of a link being formed if you do this regularly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorDave View Post
OK, I am banned from Ebay big time.

but I am not banned from paypal, never have been.
In fact my paypal is in very good form, over £10k going into that account per month, no restrictions, nothing (and its still a personal account), weird huh?

Any way I messed up rescently (just now). I logged into my own personal paypal, sent some money to my partner, and then I was checking my emails for my ghoast account I am setting up. And I had an email from paypal "click here to confirm account" without thinking I clicked it, and then it logged into my goast paypal account and logged me out of my personal automaticaly.

Do paypal share this kind of information with ebay? That is the only thing linking me with my ghoat account. But I was thinking it wont get shared, coz in any case, my account with paypal is fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 01-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1 time is low likelihood but do not repeat
Old 01-17-2015

You should be more careful in future, but you will learn by your mistakes.
Old 01-17-2015

Longevity: 53%

Even though you could get away with it since its the first time I would keep a small balance in that account for a while to be sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucynda For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-17-2015)