Linking PayPal To Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Linking PayPal To Ebay?

Hey Guys,

Firstly i would like to say i am new to these forums so if i have posted in the wrong section then i apologies in advance. Also i want to say a massive Thank You! to everyone who has posted useful information on this site to help others & same to the Admins for making / controlling this amazing site!

My question is...

I have made a ' Stealth eBay / Stealth PayPal account ' PayPal account is fully verified & all is going GREAT! I am just wondering would it be safe to link my PayPal account to my eBay account? Both accounts are in the same name, same address, ETC, ALL the same information. Both accounts are stealth so all the information is stealth as well.

I had a read around & some people say that when you link your PayPal to eBay they do a ' Back Ground Check ' on the information that has been filled in on both the accounts? Is there any truth in this?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-26-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Linking PayPal To Ebay?

If you want to sell on ebay, you have to link a paypal account.

I assume your paypal and ebay are registered with the same details?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
eosur (01-26-2015), RosieTosie (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosur View Post
Hey Guys,

Firstly i would like to say i am new to these forums so if i have posted in the wrong section then i apologies in advance. Also i want to say a massive Thank You! to everyone who has posted useful information on this site to help others & same to the Admins for making / controlling this amazing site!

My question is...

I have made a ' Stealth eBay / Stealth PayPal account ' PayPal account is fully verified & all is going GREAT! I am just wondering would it be safe to link my PayPal account to my eBay account? Both accounts are in the same name, same address, ETC, ALL the same information. Both accounts are stealth so all the information is stealth as well.

I had a read around & some people say that when you link your PayPal to eBay they do a ' Back Ground Check ' on the information that has been filled in on both the accounts? Is there any truth in this?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
You don't have a choice in this, you HAVE to link UK bank verified PayPal to your eBay account, otherwise you cannot operate as a seller on UK ebay, as to whether they are doing any background checks once you do that, who knows! Maybe they are doing that, no one really knows with any great certainty what our eBay/PayPal is going to ask us to upload or answer in phone calls at any point, and this is the way it has been since 29th December 2014, it is a learning curve for all stealth and real account sellers in this country.
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

@just_smile, Yeah both my accounts are in the same information.

@RosieTosie, Well i have sold a couple of things & OFC i get the payments into my PayPal but i was not forced to link my PayPal to my eBay.

Let me just make sure i am 100% clear on what i mean. When i log into my eBay account & go account, There is an option i can click that says ' Link your existing PayPal account to save time when you buy and sell items. To make things even easier, linking your PayPal account adds your PayPal addresses to your eBay address book ' then there is an option for me to click & it takes me to PayPal to login an confirm.

I have heard some people say when you do this it increase your limits a little?

Any advice?

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2015

Longevity: 54%

You will find contrasting opinions here if previous threads on this are anything to go by.

Personally I always link my ebay and paypal, as I believe it makes it appear more 'natural' and therefore stronger.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
eosur (01-26-2015), RosieTosie (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
@just_smile, Yeah both my accounts are in the same information.

@RosieTosie, Well i have sold a couple of things & OFC i get the payments into my PayPal but i was not forced to link my PayPal to my eBay.

Let me just make sure i am 100% clear on what i mean. When i log into my eBay account & go account, There is an option i can click that says ' Link your existing PayPal account to save time when you buy and sell items. To make things even easier, linking your PayPal account adds your PayPal addresses to your eBay address book ' then there is an option for me to click & it takes me to PayPal to login an confirm.

I have heard some people say when you do this it increase your limits a little?

Any advice?

Thanks.
You have not been selling via eBay Stealth for very long I am thinking, sounds like you may not be aware of the UK paypal I'd verification issues that came into play on 29th December 2014. You may have managed to sell a couple of items without having a paypal account added, but you will not be able to withdraw any of the funds from those or any other sales without PayPal, and PayPal will not be able to take their fee's when the time comes for them to do that. Having a verified PayPal is becoming more and more important as those ID verification issues become more and more important. Read around this forum because there are issues happening all over here that you seem to have been fortunate to not have come across yet as well.
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

@RosieTosie Well when i was listing my first item, I was asked by eBay how i would like to pay my fee's i picked PayPal & they asked me to login & confirm so i did, Then i got an email telling me i have setup an agreement bla bla bla so basically they can take there fee's without any issues.

But my question still stands as before when i go to account i still get the option to link my PayPal.
Old 01-26-2015

Quote:
@RosieTosie Well when i was listing my first item, I was asked by eBay how i would like to pay my fee's i picked PayPal & they asked me to login & confirm so i did, Then i got an email telling me i have setup an agreement bla bla bla so basically they can take there fee's without any issues.

But my question still stands as before when i go to account i still get the option to link my PayPal.
No-one can give you what you are asking, definate answers to your 3 questions, why can't they? Because of the events of 29th December 2014, when PayPal's new ID recognition strategies came into force, since then nothing has been written in stone anymore, if you really want to know the answers to your questions you have to try them out yourself, then you will know for sure what the answers are, then you can come back here and add your experiences to all the others that been reported.
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

I think we have gone a little of track here... I only have the one question, I explained on what i meant clearly. An some people have agreed that they have Linked there PayPal to there eBay without any issues.

Then you started talking about fee's? ETC ETC...
Old 01-26-2015

Longevity: 77%

In theory you have to link it anyway as you cannot create a listing without adding your PayPal email address to the listing setup....
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

@callidus Yeah this i understand & all of that has been done as i have sold items before & my PP email is added to receive payments this i totally understand.

The only thing i am still asking is when i go my ' Account ' at the bottom of the page at the right hand side it still gives me the option to link my PP to eBay & says about it...

' Link your existing PayPal account to save time when you buy and sell items. To make things even easier, linking your PayPal account adds your PayPal addresses to your eBay address book '

Because the PP & eBay are stealth accounts i am just wondering is it ok to do this?
Old 01-26-2015

Longevity: 77%

Yes I think it contributes to a 'solid' account.

As long as they are in the same name (eBay and PayPal) then yes, do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
eosur (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015
Threadstarter  

@Callidus Very much appreciated! Thanks.
Old 01-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

What I do is link the 2 BUT I pay eb fees in ADVANCE of date to avoid taking money from PP - one time payment.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
eosur (01-26-2015)