eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Customer mad that a "Not Guaranteed to Work" item doesn't work... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/82236-customer-mad-not-guaranteed-work-item-doesnt-work.html)

adventureman89 01-27-2015 09:38 PM

Customer mad that a "Not Guaranteed to Work" item doesn't work...

I sold an item as is. And stated very clearly how the item acted, and that it was not working properly, and that I am not 100% sure if its fixable. I put a "buy at your own risk" warning. No refunds.

Well I got a message telling me the item doesn't work and that if I sold it knowing that it didn't work...

We'll see what happens...

:pop2:

JamesNorth101 01-27-2015 09:52 PM

Re: Customer mad that a "Not Guaranteed to Work" item doesn't work...

Not the first and will not be the last.

Buyers tend to not bother to read the entire listing.

james13v 01-27-2015 09:58 PM

I don't understand why sellers insist on putting " no refunds". There is no such thing.

danshan 01-28-2015 12:03 AM

It does not matter get them a return label and dont make that mistake again

dbcreator11 01-28-2015 12:43 AM

Heres ebays logic on selling broken items.

Lets say u listed a broken laptop this thing is in 3 pieces u put in the listing this is broken sold as is no refunds and for parts only 10 pics of this thing and it dose not work then a buyer buys it get its sent to him and opens it then says this laptop dose not work I want a refund then they run to ebay opens a "Parts Missing" dispute cause a NAD dispute wont fly and then wants a refund low and behold ebays there all mighty genie in a bottle your wish is my command no ?'s asked ebay refunds them full amount then also charges you the return shipping as well as ebay fees and paypal fees and bad DSR and hell if ur using a stealth account u wont even get the item back unless u can access the stealth address. Ebays returns is all about helping the scammer and dumba** buyers who uses ebay.

I recently sold some busted cells phones on ebay sold them as it untested and they wouldn't power on the asshole buyer gets them and then all sudden opens a dispute and all sudden parts was missing and just so happens the parts that was missing is the ones he need lol bulls**t if they was missing hes the one who made them missing so any who eGay refunds the bastrd no ?'s ask and now im in the neg for 50 bucks and never had I got a return tracking or seen the phones. But its all good I just so happen to have a stealth id that's going down the crapper and it has fallen on DSR so I sold some items and made enough $'s to cover all the losses that ebay refunded on BS dispustes and theres a good hefty fees racked up on the account they eat can shove up there a**'s ;)

danshan 01-28-2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbcreator11 (Post 636121)
Heres ebays logic on selling broken items.

Lets say u listed a broken laptop this thing is in 3 pieces u put in the listing this is broken sold as is no refunds and for parts only dose not work then a buyer buys it get its sent to him and opens it then says this laptop dose not work I want a refund then they run to ebay opens a "Parts Missing" dispute and then wants a refund low and behold ebays there all mighty genie in a bottle your wish is my command no ?'s asked ebay refunds them full amount then also charges you the return shipping as well as ebay fees and paypal fees and hell if ur using a steal account u wont even get the item back unless u can access the stealth address. Ebays returns is all about helping the scammer and dumba** buyers who uses ebay.

Exactly thats why op needs to do what I said.

solefoodbk 01-28-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 636091)
I don't understand why sellers insist on putting " no refunds". There is no such thing.

Haha exactly!

Mid as well increase sales by offering one, when ebay OFFERS it for us to them anyways. :croc:

wtfebay 01-28-2015 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adventureman89 (Post 636086)
I sold an item as is. And stated very clearly how the item acted, and that it was not working properly, and that I am not 100% sure if its fixable. I put a "buy at your own risk" warning. No refunds.

Well I got a message telling me the item doesn't work and that if I sold it knowing that it didn't work...

You should know buyers read NOTHING before buying. They see pictures, click buttons, THEN READ the ad AFTER they receive the item and there is a problem. Oh, what's this, it says it's not working.... :juggle:

GreenBean 01-28-2015 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adventureman89 (Post 636086)

gulps....

Hope the buyer is OK.

Fingers crossed for no issues.

:peace:

solefoodbk 01-28-2015 03:20 AM

You actually honestly should have put "sold as is" in the title. Not sure if you did that but if you didn't....well there you have it.

Not saying you did this but I know sellers who put "warnings" and usually they are the absolute last thing stated in the listing.

Again not saying you did per say but its always best to state any defects or issues as the very first thing. Yes having "sold as is" might make the item take longer to sell but then you usually avoid these issues.

We all get bad buyers so its never unavoidable.

just_smile 01-28-2015 04:26 AM

When selliing broken or untested items, you need to be explicit with your wording. For example you need to put 'spares or repairs' in the title, in the item specifics, and in the description.

Most items I see are deliberately misleading, people say things like

'not turning on, could be a simple fix'

'im not tech savvy,but I think it may need a new battery'

It just leads to future problems.

littleredengine07 01-28-2015 07:34 AM

The problem is that there are too many idiots on eBay. I don't sell high value items anymore on ebay. The last time I sold iphone I told every buyer its locked to tmobile. You need a tmobile account to unlock. Well long story short. I went back and forth with the buyer because the buyer said it was suppose to be unlock iphone.
It sad. Selling an item worth more than 100$+ will bring you a lot of trouble and headaches. Hence keeping it below that amount.

If you plan to sell a lot and keep that account open for a long time. Refunds are unfortunately the cost of doing business which I hate to say. If buyers at least read the auctions. A lot less problems.

RosieTosie 01-28-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleredengine07 (Post 636216)
The problem is that there are too many idiots on eBay. I don't sell high value items anymore on ebay. The last time I sold iphone I told every buyer its locked to tmobile. You need a tmobile account to unlock. Well long story short. I went back and forth with the buyer because the buyer said it was suppose to be unlock iphone.
It sad. Selling an item worth more than 100$+ will bring you a lot of trouble and headaches. Hence keeping it below that amount.

If you plan to sell a lot and keep that account open for a long time. Refunds are unfortunately the cost of doing business which I hate to say. If buyers at least read the auctions. A lot less problems.

This is true, selling higher priced items is bound to lead more returns, which then lead to feedback problems and even worse dsr ratings problems!

rsot 01-28-2015 10:00 AM

Sadly OP - simply stating "Buy at your own risk. No refunds" holds no weight on the sales platform :(

james13v 01-28-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 636161)
When selliing broken or untested items, you need to be explicit with your wording. For example you need to put 'spares or repairs' in the title, in the item specifics, and in the description.

Most items I see are deliberately misleading, people say things like

'not turning on, could be a simple fix'

'im not tech savvy,but I think it may need a new battery'

It just leads to future problems.

I bought something that said " (Possibly just for parts) " . Says he hasn't tested it, so it might just be the battery. I got it, and the battery was leaking, so watch movement was dead. I turned the crown and it fell off. He keeps trying to use the title as an excuse. But I think that's bull****. Sell it on craigslist if that's how you want to sell on ebay. Either it IS broken, or it's NOT broken. Not a MIGHT be broken.

james13v 01-28-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleredengine07 (Post 636216)

How can any one argue that it's supposed to be an unlocked phone. Did the listing not clearly say " locked phone"?

Pnw507 01-29-2015 03:01 AM

When I sell broken as-is items I message the buyer before I ship and ask them if they fully understand that the item is broken. This is a simple way to avoid confusion and problems.

123 01-29-2015 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pnw507 (Post 636482)
When I sell broken as-is items I message the buyer before I ship and ask them if they fully understand that the item is broken. This is a simple way to avoid confusion and problems.

Thats a good way to go about doing it, but I try to avoid selling broken items as much as possible even if it has good resell value just to avoid the issue but contacting them can def help.

Lucynda 01-29-2015 02:21 PM

I once made some cross stitch patterns from stock photos of antique coffee grinders. The title of the listings looked like this (Antique Coffee Grinder "CROSS STITCH PATTERN"). I ended up refunding everyone who bought them because they couldn't be bothered to read the whole "title" and thought they were buying actual antique coffee grinders :rant: People are ridiculously lazy these days.

adventureman89 01-29-2015 03:26 PM

I'll definitely use the strategy to email them before shipping the item. I put it on the title that it was sold as is, and in the description right away I said what the problem was with the item. I said it might be fixable, but I cannot guarantee. Buy at your own risk. But by the message the buyer sent me, I can tell he didn't bother to read the description of the item.

The buyer hasn't responded. I have a feeling he's just going to make it a loss on his end. The Problem is that it's a not a cheap item to ship around. Especially if I have to pay for the shipping 2 times out of my pocket.

Lesson learned.

james13v 01-30-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucynda (Post 636645)
I once made some cross stitch patterns from stock photos of antique coffee grinders. The title of the listings looked like this (Antique Coffee Grinder "CROSS STITCH PATTERN"). I ended up refunding everyone who bought them because they couldn't be bothered to read the whole "title" and thought they were buying actual antique coffee grinders :rant: People are ridiculously lazy these days.

Well, normally you "quote" the part that ISN'T what you are selling.

Quote:

" antique coffee grinder" CROSS STITCH PATTERN
Quote:

" Brand new "Tag Heuer" watch
That point out those specific words as being something else. That, is where you ran into the problem.

solefoodbk 01-30-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 636411)
I bought something that said " (Possibly just for parts) " . Says he hasn't tested it, so it might just be the battery. I got it, and the battery was leaking, so watch movement was dead. I turned the crown and it fell off. He keeps trying to use the title as an excuse. But I think that's bull****. Sell it on craigslist if that's how you want to sell on ebay. Either it IS broken, or it's NOT broken. Not a MIGHT be broken.

I take the apporach if your going to sell something on ebay you should know what your selling. In other words you need to know everything that should be working or just don't sell it.

I'm currently looking to buy a particular printer on ebay and I see to many listings saying something like this... "it appears to be working fine (tested)". I refuse to buy from someone who flat out states they don't really even know what they're selling.

I've bought plenty things simply because it made me profit but had no idea what it really did at first. But I always took the time to at least test it out 100% and made sure it functioned properly before listing, and if something didn't work I would list it.

Some sellers just ask for problems and then wonder why. :doh: